PDA

View Full Version : Watching Oprah

himom
12-04-2004, 05:12 AM
I've got two very different reactions to two very different shows:

After tonight's show, I'm adding Matt Damon to my "list." :) I've always liked him but tonight...wow. What a cute personality he has. Adding Brad Pitt too. :)

I'm glad this show was tonight because I needed something frivolous after yesterday's show, which just filled me with horror. I couldn't sit through the whole thing because the Ethiopia pictures did me in. I was a kid in the 80's and of course heard a lot about "there are starving children in Ethiopia, eat your vegetables," but I honestly didn't understand it until last night. Maybe I needed to be a mother to really grasp the horror of that situation, because the whole time that show was on I was thinking about how hideous it must be not to be able to feed your child. DH and I spent the night talking about it, watching DS sleep, and just being thanking God for the baby, each other, and food.

Boy, Oprah sure covers a broad range of topics.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

June
12-04-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm not a regular Oprah watcher, but tune in from time to time. I didn't see Brad and Matt (darn), but I did see about a minute of the Ethiopia show. I was in the kitchen making Christmas candy and turned on the TV. The one picture I saw was enough to make me upset. And there I was making candy for a bountiful buffett. I felt more than a little guilt, and turned off the show. She does cover a broad range of topics.

And what's up with her favorite things show? I was hoping to get some gift ideas. I can't afford anything on her list, so I didn't come away with good feelings after the show. Sure it was nice to see material possessions and to see how ecstatic the audience members were, but where did it leave me as the viewer at the end? Not any better off.

lizajane
12-04-2004, 10:26 AM
matt damon is my undercover lover, so you stay away from him! he is mine mine mine!! ;)