PDA

View Full Version : cardstock

lablover
12-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I created my holiday card in Elements and now I am not sure what I can do with it. Considering an online site, but since I've missed all the discounts and time is running short and I'd probably need to pay for express shipping at this point, I'd trying to figure out my other options. I would like to have a folding card so I can write a message inside, and it seems Costco only does the 4x8 cards. I already have a saying on the side of my image so I don't want the extra space for another message like the 4x8 cards have.

If I make my own I'd like to mount the photo on cardstock because I don't want to have to worry about printing and cutting edges to have the photo bleed to the edge. Is there something out there that would work? Preferably a folding cardstock, that I could use a stamp for a message inside? Otherwise I'll probably suck it up and pay the money to have it done online. TIA!

new_mommy25
12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
If you go to craft/scrapbooking/paperie store you can buy blank cards and envelopes for a pretty good price. Ben Franklin here has 50 5x7 folding cards and envelopes for $6.99! What I did was buy regular cardstock and I cut it to size. A paper cutter or rotary cutter help A LOT! I printed my pictures at Costco for .18 a piece and mounted it onto the cardstoc. On the inside i layered vellum over cardstock and attached it with brads. It was super simple and fun! Then I went to an office supply warehouse and bought envelopes. I got 25 envelopes for $1.48.

I'm attaching a picture of our card. The inside looks washed out because of the flash. The cardstock and the font on the vellum is actually darker.

KrisM
12-04-2004, 09:20 PM
At places like Office Max, Best Buy, CompUSA, etc., you can buy packages of half-fold cards or notecards that are made for inkjet computers. We bought notecards for baby announcements and I think they were 25 for about $10 at CompUSA. That includes envelopes.

C99
12-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Paper Source is the best place to buy plain, high-quality cardstock. They carry foldover and flat cards and matching envelopes in just about every color of the rainbow. I used Paper Source stuff to our holiday cards last year and will use them again for Nate's birthday invitations this year. www.paper-source.com

ellies mom
12-05-2004, 02:23 AM
If you buy cardstock and cut it in half (so you are left with 2 pieces 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", and then fold that in half (hopefully you are still with me), the resulting card fits in an A2 envelope. You can as PP's suggest buy that size paper already folded at scrapbook and stamping stores also along with the envelopes. That is the size I use for most of my cards.

kristine_elen
12-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Shutterfly is having a (nother) 20 percent off sale right now.

August Mom
12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
You can get 30% off at Ofoto - CARD30. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=4934&mesg_id=4934&page=2 I believe it expires December 30.

kristine_elen
12-05-2004, 02:20 PM
The 30 percent off at Ofoto doesn't apply to the fold-over cards, unfortunately, or I would have ordered mine there instead of shutterfly.

houseof3boys
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Angie the card came out great. I feel like I have seen it tons since there were all those versions you were choosing from, but to see it finished like that.......it's awesome!

You are quite talented my dear. :)