PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Gifts That Are Fun Yet Educational

elvisfan
12-05-2004, 08:37 AM
I have a 3 year old and an 18 month year old. So far, I have two Christmas gift ideas for the older girl-doll accessories and a firetruck/firefighter's costume. I am still looking for educatrional gift ideas for her and her younger sister. We want to spend $100 on each child. Any recommendations?

bluej
12-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi Mary, it's good to see you around again! I hope everything is well with you and your family.

Do you have a Leap Pad for your 3 year old? She's probably at an age where she would really enjoy that and it's something you can keep adding to (more books at birthday, Easter, etc).

elvisfan
12-05-2004, 08:47 AM
>Hi Mary, it's good to see you around again! I hope
>everything is well with you and your family.
>
>Do you have a Leap Pad for your 3 year old? She's probably
>at an age where she would really enjoy that and it's something
>you can keep adding to (more books at birthday, Easter,
>etc).
Thanks jen.Actually Isabella was given a leap pad by my mil. she doesn't seem into it.it's at my mil's house now but if you think she might get into it within a few months,i might try it.

elvisfan
12-05-2004, 08:47 AM
>Hi Mary, it's good to see you around again! I hope
>everything is well with you and your family.
>
>Do you have a Leap Pad for your 3 year old? She's probably
>at an age where she would really enjoy that and it's something
>you can keep adding to (more books at birthday, Easter,
>etc).
Thanks jen.Actually Isabella was given a leap pad by my mil. she doesn't seem into it.it's at my mil's house now but if you think she might get into it within a few months,i might try it.

egoldber
12-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, pretend play is educational for a 3 year old. :) At this age they learn best through play and hands on activities.

But how about art supplies? My 3 year old loves coloring, gluing, stickering, etc.

Puzzles are good too.

My 3 year old also really enjoys simple games, like memory and matching games.\

ETA: She also just received the LeapFrog Fridge Phonics as a gift, and I have to say she really enjoys it.

HTH,

jubilee
12-06-2004, 04:33 AM
I have heard good things about the LeapFrog videos- the Letters one in particular. I found them at Target for $7 for the VHS. I really like wooden puzzles and blocks and I think they are educational in a spacial-mathematical kind of way.