PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the Kenmore Elite Washer and Dryer

juliekost
12-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Help! I have never purchased a washer or dryer. My in laws want to buy us a dryer for Christmas-- very nice. I just haven't a clue to what is a good match for us. My MIL wanted to buy us the Maytag with the drying cabinet but I really think that is too much for them to spend...

I love the look of the kenmore elite front loading washer but haven't found anyone who has real life experiences with it. I like the idea of a front loading washer for water saving but that is all I know about them. I like the kenmore since it is large enough to wash my king comforter and has a start delay. I always do a load in the am before getting the kids up this would allow me to sleep just a little longer. LOL! I think the gas kenmore elite dryer would be a good match plus it could dry the king comforter too.

I like the Maytag dryer center but the plug for the electricy part of the gas dryer would have to be changed to a 20watt. That is an expense added to the cost. I don't like any of the maytag front loading washers so I would still go with the Kenmore--I think.

Any recommendations? I feel totally out of my element when looking at the w/d and knowing I will have these for a while adds to the pressure.

Any other insite to purchasing a washer/dryer that I should look into?

Thanks so much for your help!