PDA

View Full Version : Thank you DC Mama's, Anna Jeanne *A Hanna Update*

ismommy
12-05-2004, 03:34 PM
So today I once again realized how lucky I was to have stumbled across these boards.
The DC moms have become quite a group. We meet regularly and I am lucky enough to have them as my some fo my closest friends. They along with others on the board have been an immense support system to me while I have been on bedrest.
Today they surprised me with a shower! We had brunch at a beautiful restaurant and Cindy(cinein) made a goregous cake. I am hoping she willpost pix!
Baby X is coming home in Hanna barnyard dance zippers and blanket so she made a baby peeking out of a barnyard dance blanket. It looks exactly like the one we have and in fact should be sent to Hanna!
They also were thoughtful enough to buy Bella a big sis gift and some clothes for X!
Now where the HUGE and special thanks come in. I have been bemoaning that Hanna didnt do the leaflet cardigan this year. I love that color and since we don't know if X is a boy or girl its perfect! Well I have been stalking ebay to no avail but my DC mamas worked magic with the help of two others. Anna put out and ISO of on BBB swap and Jeanne had one which she parted with. I was so thrilled to see it and to hear how it made its way to baby x.
So thank you DC mama's and Anna and Jeanne. You are all too generous and sweet.

ETA So I was going to bump this to make sure everyone saw my thnaks but now Im bumping for two reasons. I had sent pix of Cindy's cake to regular cs at hanna and also to one of the higher ups at retail who I have corresponded with.
Here is the response

Dear Helene...thank you so very much! These are extraordinary pictures -
so very cute. I've forwarded them around hanna. Your friend does
terrific work!

Of course, we wish you the very best with the forthcoming happy event,
and look forward to seeing some pictures.

Warmest regards,
Johann
Now Cindy PLEASE upload them heer so everyone can appreaciate your incredible work.
BTW along with the email is a bunch of hanna email addresses - what can we do with this info? :)

love
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

papal
12-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Awww Helene, we love you girlie, this was so much fun. And you (along with Marisa i think) are the HARDEST person to shop for ever!!! Before we could buy it, you already had. When we picked something, your dh had already bought it on ebay! :)

Can't wait to see Baby X. Cindy, i know you are too shy but you HAVE TO post pics of the cake.. it was SO beautiful and DELICIOUS to boot. I am kicking myself for not asking for a piece(s) to take home... but cutting up that blanket felt so wrong to me. :)

Anyway, I had fun too.. we should do this more often.. come people.. have more babies!!

houseof3boys
12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Helene that is so fabulous! I look forward to the pics and am glad the zippers came through too. :)

pritchettzoo
12-05-2004, 09:57 PM
You're welcome, although I didn't really do anything! :) I'm glad they found what you wanted. Looking forward to meeting Baby X.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

lukkykatt
12-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Helene, it was such a nice morning! I am glad that we could get together with you. And you are right, I feel lucky that we have such a nice group of women.

Cindy, please post a picture of that most gorgeous cake! It was amazing.

lrucci
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Helene,

You are most welcome. I'm glad that we could surprise you with something. Brunch was fun and I am anxiously awaiting to see when Baby X decides to make his/her grand entrance into the world.

Cindy, you must post pictures of your gorgeous cake.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

RwnMayfair
12-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Helene,

I think the best part was your reaction. :) It was great! I'm so glad you're happy with it, and I'm thrilled with the effort others put into finding it! I only wish I could have contributed some effort to it, what I contributed really wasn't difficult. ::chuckle::

And Cindy, that cake really was lovely. (And good!) I agree with everyone else that you need to put picture of it up!

It was great to get to spend time with all of you Moms again this morning, it's nice to get out with other adults besides my husband or my father and step-mother occasionally. ;)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

mharling
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Helene -
That is amazing! What a great surprise for you.

Cindy -
Bumping this up again because I am dying to see the pictures. It sounds absolutely amazing!!!! Pretty please? :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

mharling
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Helene -
That is amazing! What a great surprise for you.

Cindy -
Bumping this up again because I am dying to see the pictures. It sounds absolutely amazing!!!! Pretty please? :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003

Andrea S
12-07-2004, 06:39 PM
What a wonderful suprise.

I want to see pics of the cake. Pretty please.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

papal
12-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Here is Cindy's fabulous cake!! I wish everyone could have tasted it too.. it was yummmy!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18224.jpg
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18225.jpg

And in case you are not familiar with the Hanna Barnyard blanket... here is a picture:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/s7Large/28894_990.jpg

pritchettzoo
12-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh my gosh--how cute is that? Cindy is so talented!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

bluej
12-07-2004, 10:30 PM
That is amazing! Wow Cindy, you are one talented mama! I'm not sure I would have let anyone cut into that creation!

mharling
12-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Cindy -
That is amazing!!!! Have you had formal training for cake decorating? I am so impressed.

Do you think you could figure out a way to ship your cakes? ;)

Mary
Lane - April 2003

jec2
12-08-2004, 12:27 AM
wow, how awesome is that cake?!!!

tippy
12-08-2004, 12:43 AM
WOW!!!! How awsome. Sounds like a special day to remember. Hope you took lots of pics for your "baby book".
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

jubilee
12-08-2004, 12:49 AM
WOW Cindy! I'm so impressed and jealous of your talent! Thank you for sharing these pictures... although you've raised the bar for all the birthday cake pictures from now on :) Nobody will top your creation!

cinrein
12-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Thanks ladies, you are making me blush! And Rashmi thanks so much for resizing my pics and posting them. I was having a pc crisis yesterday!

I did take cake decorating classes through our County's adult ed program years ago. It's a nice skill to have. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

mary b
12-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Cindy,

you are SO talented!! That cake is amazing!!! I can't even imagine the talent you have!

Helene, glad you had such a special day! That's so nice that you all have gotten so close! Can't wait to hear the news on Baby x.

Mary
Mom to Noelle and Lindsey

jk3
12-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Cindy,

You are a pro! This cake and Leela's cake are the most beautiful I've ever seen. You are extremely talented. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png