PDA

View Full Version : What is a good gift from Julia to the new baby?

cdlamis
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
We are trying to come up with a good gift that Julia will give to baby Isabella when Julia first meets her in the hospital. We want it to be something that she will use a lot (not something like jewelry). We want it to be something like a nice soft stuffed animal that the baby will keep for a long time and cherish. Any suggestions for other gifts or good stuffed animals?
Also, ideas for what Isabella could "give" to Julia? Something similar?
TIA~
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

lmintzer
12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
A great one from Isabella to Julia is a special baby doll. We had Joshua give Jack a realistic baby doll so he could have a new baby to hold too.

rrosen
12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
What about having Julia make her new sister something at Build a Bear. That way she would really feel like she took an active role in the the selection of the gift.

cdlamis
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Rebecca,

We tried that- we also thought it was a great idea! Julia wanted nothing to do with picking out something for Isabella- she just wanted to touch all the accessories and run around. We gave up and left the store. So much for that! :)

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

new_mommy25
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
How about a Comfort Silkie lovey? The company also makes a swaddler that looks really nice. If you want to keep the same theme Isabella could give Julia something from the site too such as the cuddle pillow.
http://www.comfortsilkie.com/index.php

SeekerMage
12-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Is there any special name she has for the baby? Any special animal she likes? Miss Moose called Lil'bit her baby bunny for the longest time so she went to Build a Bear and made her a bunny with gym shoes and a princess t-shirt (not my pick, but hubby said thats what she picked out). Lil'bit also gave Miss Moose a moose stuffed animal (as we call her moose). We got the stuffed moose from Kohls, its one of the Kohls Cares special animals, they are made by Gund if I remember correctly and it was only $5. Im not sure who carries Gund but they are really soft and cute stuffed animals. I also like the Ty buddies (the bigger beanie babies) They have some cute baby lines right now, really soft material you just want to cuddle! It really doesnt have to be anything in particular, just let her pick something out! You can keep it in her crib tucked in the corner, or somewhere in reach until she is older and then you can tell her how it was special etc. We took ours with to the hospital and when Miss Moose visited they exchanged presents. It was a special moment in my eyes, we even have pictures for her book!