PDA

View Full Version : Need a memorable 1st Xmas gift from us - No toys!

ErinMC
12-05-2004, 09:10 PM
What did you all give your DS/DD for their first Christmas? DH and I are trying to decide what to give DS, who will be 10 months at Christmas. We don't want to do the typical toys or clothes, since the grandparents from both sides will do plenty of that - he's the only grandkid on both sides.

Also, we'd like it to be something he can keep for a long time.

Any ideas? TIA!

jamsmu
12-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but we gave DS an Anywhere Chair from PBK that was personalized as well as a school house desk from PBK (they don't carry it anymore, but other places may have them). They weren't holiday gifts, both were supposed to be for his b-day. He uses them both now, though the desk has taken a while for him to be able to sit in to color.

KrisM
12-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Maybe a Christmas ornament? I plan on getting DS one each year so that he has some when he has his own family. I have some from when I was a kid and I really like having them.

almostamom
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM
DH's parents wanted to get our little one something special that he'd have for a long time also. They just ordered a personalized rocking chair from LL Bean.

HTH,
~Linda~

jec2
12-06-2004, 12:45 AM
How about a wagon? We got one for DS for his bday and he LOVES it! It's not really a toy toy and it should last him for a while.

trentsmom
12-06-2004, 08:59 AM
We gave DS a lot of books for his first Christmas. I made sure some of them were favorites from DH's and my childhood.

Jen841
12-06-2004, 09:08 AM
I love the wagon idea! Jude got his for his first birthday and loves to ride in it. That is how I get to the mailbox each day.

Some other ideas....
Rocking horse
Playhouse (Little Tykes)
Nativity Scene
His own small tree you can add to each year (maybe a live one you plant outside?)

newmommy0403
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
We got DS a Storypeople print for Christmas. They are really beautiful and hopefully he will keep it forever.

http://www.storypeople.com/storypeople/WebStory.do?action=Show&storyID=1678&pageIndex=1&minRow=271&storyInSearch=200&productCategoryID=1000

Rachels
12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Every year I give Abigail an angel ornament. I keep them for her in a separate box, and when she grows up, she'll have a small collection of special ornaments to get her started in her own home. I also give her a special storybook every year.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

Rachels
12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Every year I give Abigail an angel ornament. I keep them for her in a separate box, and when she grows up, she'll have a small collection of special ornaments to get her started in her own home. I also give her a special storybook every year.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!