PDA

View Full Version : Are you allergic to fragrance?

candybomiller
12-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Ok, I admit it, this is a blatant attempt to find out if I can get fun lotions and stuff for my holiday exchange buddy. I don't want to come right out and ask her if she's allergic because I want to be anonymous. :P

So, if you're allergic to fragrance, answer this post. :)

rrosen
12-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Candy,
I have this info about anyone on the brownie fairy list. So, if you want to email me the name (I know it is not me since I did not sign up for the exchange) and maybe I can help you out?

calebsmama03
12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
You're funny Candy! I am not always "allergic" but am sensitive to fragrances. The synthetics often make me itch or get a rash :( Strong scents (esp florals) give me a headache. Good luck getting the response you need! :)

ETA - you could always go the "natural" route by getting fun stuff from a handmaker of soaps/lotions (some advertise at MDC) and getting stuff scented with essential oils. Not a guarantee of it being non-allergic, but I know for me I have better luck that way!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

jamsmu
12-06-2004, 05:57 PM
You have me laughing all the way to China and back again.

I actually do get headaches from some scents--primarily a Vicky's Secret perfume. But citrusy things don't bother me. And I'm always safe with Bath and Body Works and stuff like that.

Well, you could have me, because there is a list of allergies that goes with "me."

missmelis01
12-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Candy-

Unfortunately, I just read your post, but I am the one who maintained the database, and would be more than happy to email your exchange buddy, if you haven't already bought the gift.

Email me directly if you'd like my help!

Saartje
12-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm sensitive to scents, as is DH, but I can get away with an occasional mild fragrance.

jec2
12-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Nope! But, love more natural scents. LOVE lavendar and verbena :)