PDA

View Full Version : Horror Story (a.k.a. my trip to Seattle)

candybomiller
12-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Let's just say it was quite eventful.

On the plane going to Seattle, one of the passengers had an "incident" in the restroom. I'll spare you most of the details, but there was feces tracked down the aisle of the plane and it smelled like an outhouse on a HOT day in August. *insert vomiting smiley here*

I did get to meet Sandy (Sandy) and Alex, who is adorable. I also met Katie (kijip) and Toby who is the smiliest little guy ever. Did some shopping (DH is NOT happy). Oh, and I met with my rabbi. That went well, except that I was supposed to go to services Friday night. I decided early in the afternoon that I'd explore downtown Seattle then go to services. Of course I ended up losing my car and wandering around for hours looking for it. HOURS. I missed services and had blisters on my feet.

Oh well, maybe next time. ;)

steph2003
12-06-2004, 12:11 PM
OMG! I don't know who I feel sorrier for - the passenger that it happened to (I'd be mortified) or the rest of you having to suffer thru the stench!

glad you're home safe & sound!!!!

psophia17
12-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Think of the bright side - you've now lost your car, and know that in the future you will always make a point of remembering where it is :)

Other than that, did you love Seattle? I know I do....

candybomiller
12-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Petra,

The funny thing is: this is NOT the first time this has happened to me. I actually did it once before in Spokane (eastern Washington)!! Normally I'm great at knowing where I am in relation to other things but after you walk around, everything starts to look alike! LOL. At least I can laugh about it now.

Other than those snafu's, yes I did love Seattle. I think if we ever move to a bigger town it would be to the Seattle area, probably not Seattle itself, but that general vicinity. :)

rrosen
12-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Sorry the trip was not your best ever. But, it sounds like there were some good parts. Did you buy anything good? Losing your car SO sounds like something that I would do.

Happy to have you back!

starrynight
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Well at least you got some shopping done right? ;) Sorry the trip was a bit crazy!

psophia17
12-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Maybe it'll be a third time lucky situation ;-)

papal
12-06-2004, 08:31 PM
OMG! I would seriously have just vomited if I had to deal with the airplane incident. YUCKY! I feel so sorry for the person who had to clean it up. What about the culprit?? Was he sitting with poo-pants in his seat??!! OMG. How embarassingly horrifying.

Sorry about your car Candy. Other than that, it sounds like you had a good time! :) Welcome back!

mharling
12-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Candy -
OMG, what a nightmare! At least you got to meet some BBB'ers and shop!! Do tell what you bought!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

kijip
12-07-2004, 01:12 AM
I am glad that I got to meet you and wish you well with your conversion. I am glad that you got some Cafe Besalu pastry to recover from the nightmare of losing your car!

McQ
12-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Ick! I hope you at least got to get some Chukar cherries when you were in Seattle. They are my faves!!! Not the regular yucky chocolate covered cherries - these are dried and the bomb.

Better travels next time!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04