PDA

View Full Version : Need cool gift idea under $50 that would suit all ages!

firsttimemommy
12-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Not asking for much now, am I??? LOL

We have an annual gift exchange on DH's side of the family where we draw numbers, go in order, can steal gifts, blah blah blah - and one person has to bring the MYSTERY gift - you know, the one that can't be opened til the very very end? Well, this year is our turn to bring the mystery gift and it is killing me. It is the hardest gift b/c it should be something everyone would like since the person who finally ends up with it doesn't know what it is til the end (and as the buyer of the gift, I don't know who will get it).

Any ideas? The youngest participant is about 15 and the oldest about 70-ish. I realize it is probably impossible to find something EVERYONE would like, but I need suggestions to get as close as possible. So far the ideas I have come up with are: a gift certificate (but so boring and then I HAVE to spend $50-ish), a hammock style chair from Overstock.com and a dart board......

The best situation of course is to find something worth $50 (or more) and pay LESS :) LOL (that's why I was shopping on overstock!)

THANKS SO MUCH!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

brubeck
12-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Food is always good: a big tin of goodies is sure to satisfy everyone!

If you're looking at games, how about something like this?

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=4835&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0b2a76c&ProdSeq=2&Cat=furniture&Dep=online+outlet&PCat=for+the+home&PCatID=4828&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=43&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0

You could also try a George Foreman Grill or a really nice travel/toiletries bag. And there are lots of DVD players now for under $50.

rrosen
12-06-2004, 01:19 PM
How about a bunch of board games? Cranium, Balderdash, Scattegories, Pass the Pigs and others would be good for all ages.

Or how about a bunch of movie theater passes? You could package them with microwave popcorn and movie size candy. I think someone said Target had popcorn like containers to put the things in.

Poker is really hot right now. I think I saw a poker table thing at BB&B within your price range.

A nice organizer/datebook thing

HTH a little

firsttimemommy
12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks so much to both of you! I found a neat popcorn set at BedBathBeyond online that I could add some blockbuster GC's to, and I found some neat poker style games at JCPenny online! I will run them by DH and see, but I think we may have a winner among it all!!! (I hope!) Thanks again!
Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh