PDA

View Full Version : OT: Webcams?

usfrph
12-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Target had the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 Webcam on clearance for $24.99
and since I'm a sucker for 75% off deals I grabbed one to give to DH.
The reviews on epinions and amazon are mixed. Anyone here have one?
If you have a different kind do you love it? TIA!

janeybwild
12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Yep, we have it. Sounds like you got a great deal. We bought ours about a year ago ($65?), and it works fine for what we use it for (weekly webcam conference to my parents in England). Unfortunately though, my parents don't have broadband yet, so the voice part doesn't work for us. But, they see and hear us loud and clear. It’s not the most flattering view of yourself though, and I always vow to go on a diet afterward! It’s easy to install, plug and play. You need to use an outside light source or its too dark. The built in microphone is just ok. We use Yahoo instant messenger for our conferences. Good luck!

mamagoosie
12-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Great deal! We're thinking of getting a webcam for Christmas as well. We have an iMac so are thinking about getting iSight--does anyone have iSight? What's the best thing to use on the PC end? Do they play nicely together?

Don't mean to hijack the thread--but am also interested in webcam reviews!
Thx!

mamahill
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Whoa - I've only seen these for close to $100 - was just in-store? Online it's still $96. Dang, and I was JUST there...

usfrph
12-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Sarah, It's probably just in-store. Go back and check the clearance section at your Target :-)

Thanks for the review Janey. I'm getting this for DH so his parents in France
can see Evan. Happy to hear it works.