PDA

View Full Version : So shocked and sad (loss mentioned) . . .

lmintzer
12-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Please don't read if loss issues might feel too hard to "listen" to . . .

I just found out that my nanny's baby died. She is (was) 40 weeks pregnant and had just lost her mucus plug on Friday. Another mom who she babysits for in the neighborhood called to tell me. Our nanny had called her because she was supposed to babysit for her today. I guess she's being induced today. I have absolutely no idea what happened. Her pg was fairly uneventful. She had a strange skin infection of a gland (in her vaginal area) a few weeks ago and was treated with antibiotics, and it resolved. She was measuring a little small and had an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago which was fine. I guess the last she knew, she was measuring 2 cm small and the baby's head looked large. They were talking possible c-section. After that, I have no idea what happened.

I am so devestated for her. She is the sweetest person, and she'd make a fabulous, loving mother. She was so good to my kids! She really treated them like her own.

Also, she has so little support here--she is young, and her family is not in this country.

I will definitely call to offer support, and my friend and I may bring her food and some "self-care/pampering" items like lotions, etc. And I can hook her up with a grief/loss counselor of she'd like. But beside that, I'm totally at a loss--and and just so sad.

And this means it's time to have that first "death" talk with Jack who has been excited about meeting her baby. I may be in the right field for this, but it's so hard when it's your own child.

Please say a little prayer for her and her baby. Or think a nice thought. She's just the sweetest person on earth!

Alaina--if you see this, this is what my cryptic phone message was about. Jack was right there, and I didn't want him to hear yet.

steph2003
12-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Oh gosh I am so sorry for your nanny's loss. I know this stuff happens from time to time & it never gets any easier to hear....even when I don't know the person at all. My heart goes out to her.

candybomiller
12-06-2004, 02:23 PM
How very tragic. I'm in tears for this woman. She will be in our thoughts and prayers for sure.

Not to be crass, but you might want to look for a new nanny. It may be extremely hard for her to be around children for a while. Then again, it might be the healing she needs. Either way, be prepared and have a backup plan.

deborah_r
12-06-2004, 02:24 PM
That is just heartbreaking. I will keep her in my thoughts.

I'm glad that she has you in her life as a source of support.

kensjen
12-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh how very sad! I am so sorry for your nanny, I cannot imagine the pain and grief...I hope she can find some local help. She is lucky to work for you, as you will be able to help her find some of that help.

I'll send prayers her way.

houseof3boys
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this Lisa. I wish her the best during this awful time.

aliceinwonderland
12-06-2004, 02:33 PM
OMG!!! SO SAD!! I don't even know what to say...I'm glad you are there for her...No one should have to go thru this...

jbowman
12-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Lisa,

My heart breaks for your nanny's loss. I will keep her in my prayers.

McQ
12-06-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't know what to say this is just so, so terrible. At 40 weeks this is just not supposed to happen. I'm so sad for your nanny.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

starrynight
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh no :(. How sad, she is in my thoughts I just can't imagine going through something like that.

amp
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
This is so terribly, terribly tragic. I will be thinking of your friend and her family and of you also. I'm sorry that you all are going through this and I will pray for her to heal and find peace in time. Hugs.

cinrein
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for your Nanny. She will have a long road of grief ahead of her. I think just being her friend in the coming months is all you can really do for her. Please let her know that she's in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

bluej
12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your nanny's loss. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her loved ones.

jk3
12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm at a loss for words but I am so sad for your nanny. I'm also sad for your son. I'm sure you will be a big help during this unimaginable grieving process. My thoughts are with all of you.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

calebsmama03
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
How devestating! I wish her comfort and healing.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Tori_s mom
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Lisa,

This is so sad. After so long preparing for her baby, I can't imagine your nanny's pain at this loss. Thank goodness she has such a caring friend in you! She will certainly be in my thoughts.

Hugs to you and Jack!
Tasha

momathome
12-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh, that poor woman! I am so sorry to hear about her loss - that would pretty much be my nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with her as well as with you.

smomom
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
how horrible. I cannot imagine the pain she is feeling. All of you are in my thoughts.

nov02mom
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
How heartbreaking for her! I can't imagine being full term and losing a baby....having mc's is hard enough.........poor girl.
Kristen

alexsmommy
12-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Oh, so sad. I'm at work - I'll call you from the car on my way home.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

Rachels
12-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh, how devastating. I'm so sorry for her and her sweet baby. :(

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

mommd
12-06-2004, 05:45 PM
OMG how horrible. I don't really know what to say, but I'm so sorry to hear about her loss. She will be in my prayers.

lrucci
12-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh, how devastating. I'm so sorry for your nanny's loss. I just can't even imagine going through something like this. She will be in my thoughts.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

mommyj_2
12-06-2004, 07:09 PM
How awful. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts in the coming days.

barbarhow
12-06-2004, 07:25 PM
How heartbreaking. I am so sorry for her. How lucky she is to have you in her life, though. My thoughts and prayers are with her. And with you. So sorry.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

Kieransmom
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
How horrific. I am so so sorry that this happened. It's devistating. I will say a prayer for her baby and the family.

Michelle

Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03
Aunt to Alexandra Juliette, born 12/4/04

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030509/1/5/0/+10/.png[/img][/url]

lizajane
12-06-2004, 07:44 PM
oh how horrible. i am sitting here 33 weeks pregnant knowing that i just couldn't possibly imagine the horror she is enduring. i don't know what i would do.

i know any support you offer will be helpful and appreciated.

mamaturk
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I am so sorry for your Nanny's loss. That is just awful!!! You will all be in my prayers tonight!

kijip
12-07-2004, 01:15 AM
I can not imagine the pain. Is there maybe a group for parents who have lost babies in your area? In Seattle there is an organization called P.S. My Baby Died. Maybe they have a chapter near you? I am glad that you are willing to help her!

tippy
12-08-2004, 12:19 AM
How awful. I'm so sorry for her and her child. My sister lost her 4th child (a daughter) to SIDS at three months. I know how devastating a loss like that can be. I can't even begin to imagine having to give birth to a stillborn baby. I will keep her in my prayers. Soooo Sorry!
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03