PDA

View Full Version : Silly Poll - Do you butter the bread before or after it is toasted?

deborah_r
12-06-2004, 04:36 PM
I guess this only works for those who use toaster ovens, because I would imagine you can't butter bread and stick it in the toaster. My DH and his family like to butter the bread first, and I just don't understand why...

ETA: Yes, I do want to be able to tell them "see how the rest of the world does it!" LOL!

redhookmom
12-06-2004, 04:56 PM
If my kids can't SEE the butter they melt down. I have never heard of the pre-butter.

houseof3boys
12-06-2004, 04:58 PM
This is such a funny and ironic question. I am VERY particular about having butter on my bread before it goes in the toaster oven. I don't like the way you can see the butter on the toast if you butter it after. I think it tastes superior when it is all melted and perfectly toasted with butter on it prior to toasting. DH always makes sure to mention that he made sure to put it on before it went in there since he is a post butter toaster like you.

We should poll how people make cinnamon/sugar toast next since I think that is another picky one. :)

Too funny Deb.

brubeck
12-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Interesting question. I never heard of buttering it first. I always butter after, although I do it immediately and use soft butter (so that it melts in).

Now the strange thing is that for garlic bread I butter the bread before toasting.

C99
12-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Pre-buttering? HELLO fire hazard! Even the toaster instructions say not to do this!

psophia17
12-06-2004, 08:21 PM
When using a toaster oven, I do both - cold butter over warm butter on hot toast is the BEST...however, since I do not have a toaster oven, I voted after - with the regular toaster, I still do both - right away so it melts in and then again after it cools a bit...

ALLEYCAT
12-06-2004, 09:17 PM
AFTER. AFTER. AFTER. AFTER.

eb1
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
As a PP mentioned, buttering first is a fire hazard. When I was about seven or eight, I set the toaster oven on fire doing that.