PDA

View Full Version : it is 5am, i am more awake that i was all day yesterday

lizajane
12-07-2004, 05:08 AM
i don't know how i will ever get anything done if i can't ever sleep all night and if i always have to sleep all day. i am just miserable. i can't believe i am going to have to use every bit of my preschool free time to sleep. again. i am so mad. i was really excited about christmas shopping this morning, but i know i will be sick from fatigue by 9am when i drop him off. andi know that if i go out anyway, i won't be able to effectively care for my child after he comes home. his nap is too short. sometimes less than 1 hour, sometimes 1.5 hours on a PERFECT day. that isn't enough time for me to make lunch, eat lunch, sit up for 15 minutes to digest lunch (prevent heartburn) and then get enough nap time for myself to function.

i am so frustrated by sleeplessness. i guess i am going to have to start doing all my at home tasks during the middle of the night. but i can't christmas shop at 4am! (no, i do NOT want to internet shop and pay shipping, etc.)

i took benedryl last night, didn't sleep and felt HORRIBLE all day. so there was no way i was taking it tonight. i could hardly keep my eyes open ALL DAY. but could i sleep at night? NO. i have been up since about 2am. i finally got up at 4ish. there is absolutely NO solution to my insomnia. i am starting to get pissed off about it.

ismommy
12-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Liza,

I feel your pain. I wake up between 1 and 3 everyday and cant fall back asleep. It drives me insane. I used to nap when Bella did but now am working a full 40 hours so that doesn't happen.
Have you tried any arometherapy? I had some stuff that worked great and keep meaning to pick up more. One you sprayed on your pillow and one you opened and breathed in.
HTH and you get some sleep
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

kelly ann
12-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Good morning Liza and Helene!

I have been up for a couple hours as well - so frustrating. There was a thread a couple days ago about insomnia...which I was also awake early to read and post in :(

It doesn't help that I have a sinus headache since it is raining outside. Well, I am trying to be productive by writing my performance review for work - it was due last Friday :o Maybe if I send it out early this morning my manager will think I burn the midnight oil at work!

ETA: Just what I need at this point...a story on CNN this morning states that lack of sleep leads to weight gain.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/diet.fitness/12/06/sleep.weight.gain.reut/index.html

ismommy
12-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Good morning!
I think thats a positive outlook. I telecommute for AOL and have been adding up all sorts of hours in the wee am mornings. Only problem is I am useless by them time I am supposed to work in the afternoon.
Insomnia is supposed to prepare us for sleep deprivation with a newborn right?
Hope the headache goes away I get the same thing when it rains.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

kitmama
12-07-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't really have any suggestions (warm milk?? chammomile tea?? warm bath?? I don't know) but I just wanted to say I can "hear" how frustrated y'all are, and I feel for you! I hope you get some sleep soon.

psophia17
12-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I posted in the insomnia thread a few days ago - I'm sure you've all seen it, but just in case - I could only sleep in complete darkness while pg. We kept the path from the bed to the toilet completely clear and it was completely dark, too. If there was any light, it was like I had nightvision, and could see everything clearly.

We put a black blanket over the windows, turned the clock radio face down, and got rid of every single possible source of light in the room, and I fell asleep.

HTH!