PDA

View Full Version : GREETINGS FROM PRAGUE - I have a favor to ask

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-07-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey mommies...I'm typing quickly, we are at a fantastic internet cafe filled with a toddler play area, food, ice in drinks and a nice place to catch up on emails!!!!

We are having a great time, Prague is wonderful-crisp but not freezing, Tristan is being a trooper, we made a commitment to not take taxi's or subways and to enjoy the outdoors and walk everywhere and so far have stuck to that plan. Tristan has adapted well, is sleeping incredibly well (but I am sure exhausted).

We went to a children's activity in the "old town" square last night, it remembered me of my childhood here in Europe. It is beautifully decorated filled with little markets and they did read children holiday stories. We didn't understand a word but Tristan knew he was amoung friends and it is amazing to see him play so well with language not being an obstacle in the least...

We leave on Thursday for Kiev and have our appointment on Friday for our referral, send good thoughts, we know a couple who has been there two weeks and have yet to get the referal that they want. I don't know their age request but I do know they wanted a girl in their sibling mix, and girls are really sought after in Ukraine and do make the process more difficult...they also are using a different team so who knows if there can be a connection.

ANYWHO...
I just realized that it is TUESDAY and that I am going to miss my beloved AMAZING RACE...Erica offered to tape them for me in my absence...I know I have several buddies here who watch the following -and I hoped that someone could tape me

**** SURVIVOR
**** APPRENTICE
**** ANDREA BOCELLI on NBC the 18th I think
**** JOSH GROBIN on PBS this coming Monday

I know that is a lengthy wish list but I thought I should put out all of my desires and if anything happens then I will be so lucky and thankful and grateful!!!!
I know your laughing at me as if I'll have time to every catch up and watch any of them :)
Anyway promise to reimburse tape postage any cost acquired!!!!

Love you all bunches!!!!
Drooling over strollers-stroller heaven here!!!!
Ran into another cloth diapering mommy ("nappies")...language barriers didn't hurt us rattling off diaper names I was convinced she must be one of us :)

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

toomanystrollers
12-07-2004, 06:54 AM
So good to hear from you!!! I'll volunteer to tape Apprentice for you - we never miss it :)

Wishing you a speedy referral! And after this adventure (and when the kids are older), I think you and Steve need to sign up for "The Amazing Race" LOL

barbarhow
12-07-2004, 07:45 AM
OMG-you are a riot!!! It sounds like you are having a fantastic time so far. Amazing how children adapt to change. That Tman is a real trooper.
I can't offer to tape because I have yet to figure out how to do that on our tv. I refused to take the 6 week course in remote control operations. Wanted to hop on anyway and let you know that I've been thinking about you and hoping that thins are going well.
Glad we got the update. Big hugs to all of you.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

slknight
12-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time! I can probably TIVO all of them. Then there's some function to send them to tape, but I'd have to figure it out first. I will try to set TIVO just in case no one else can tape.

kristenk
12-07-2004, 10:42 AM
I can record Survivor for you. I have to confess that I got my DH hooked on it! We tivo it weekly already. I haven't figured out how to send tivo stuff over to tape, but I know it's possible. Plus, I have a few days to figure it out! And if that doesn't work, the vcr's just sitting there doing nothing and, I'm sure, would *love* to have something to record!

wencit
12-07-2004, 01:01 PM
>I just realized that it is TUESDAY and that I am going to
>miss my beloved AMAZING RACE...Erica offered to tape them for
>me in my absence...I know I have several buddies here who
>watch the following -and I hoped that someone could tape me

Yep, that's me! Fellow "Amazing Race" addict. :D

I just got a new DVD recorder, so I can download all the episodes of Amazing Race from my Tivo onto VHS or DVD for you, no problem.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, Neve!

BTW, if any of the previous Tivo owners needs help setting up the "Save to VCR" function, send me a PM, and I'd be happy to try to help you out.

mommyj_2
12-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I don't have a VCR hooked up, so I can't tape anything. I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful update. I love the image of Tristan playing with all the other kids.
I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

mommd
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear things are going well so far. Our VCR is broken, so I can't tape anything, but wanted to just send you good thoughts for your referral. I hope everything goes smoothly! :)

mommd
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear things are going well so far. Our VCR is broken, so I can't tape anything, but wanted to just send you good thoughts for your referral. I hope everything goes smoothly! :)

NancyJ_redo
12-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Neve - I'd be happy to tape them all for you. We have Tivo, so I'll set it all up tonight and will transfer them to tape when you get home and ship them off to you. Let me know if you need anything else taped, it's very easy to do with Tivo (transferring is a different story, but I've done it before so I'm sure I can do it again!).

Glad to hear about your travels, I loved Prague when I was there about 10 years ago. VERY beautiful city. Take care and keep us posted!