PDA

View Full Version : Happy Hanukkah!

jd11365
12-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Just wanted to wish those of you who celebrate a joyous holiday! My mom is flying in tonight...I'm actually excited. I've been working on Kayla's "grandma" but it's not going as well as planned...we've got a solid Gah-Ga though! I'm going to pick up some catered food from TooJays...it's not Katz Deli, but it'll do for central Florida. DH isn't Jewish, though we joke that he's 1/4 Jewish because he's been with me for over 10 years, and his DD is Jewish. Now the joke is if he can recite the prayer tonight perfectly, we'll "give" him the extra 1/4 to make him a 1/2. Anything more than that and he has to see a rabbi. ;) So in our home, the Chrismukkah season has officially begun!

Happy Holidays...whatever they may be!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

jbowman
12-07-2004, 09:04 AM
I hope that you and your family have a lot of fun, Jamie! Enjoy the holiday!!! Happy Hanukkah!

Tori_s mom
12-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Happy Hanukkah! I'm planning my first attempt at latkes tonight, so wish me luck. ;) So far the funniest thing is that Tori doesn't like her Manny the Menorah. She gets really excited until the music starts (it plays Maoz Tzur as you press the button to light the candles). Then her face falls and she starts to cry. It's so sad, but kinda funny, IYKWIM. Oh I can't tell her Nanny and Grandpa that she doesn't like their present!!!!!

Tasha

Tori (3/11/04)

jk3
12-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Happy Chanukah/Hanukkah! I'm excited for this holiday because I think my DS will enjoy it. I doubt he remembers too much from his first Chanukah. Tonight we are celebrating as a family at home and on Sunday we are celebrating with my family. My DS loves his cousins and I love to watch them interact. I'm also excited because it seems that none of the grandparents went overboard. One large gift + 7 smaller ones from each set. My DS loves wrapping paper!

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

amp
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Happy Hanukkah to you Jamie! Enjoy your visit with your mom, and when you have a chance, pop in here to see my post about our trip later today. Hugs to you and Kayla!

nov02mom
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
I am actually pleased that I did not go too overboard this year with gifts......small ones for every night. Jacob, of course, doesn't care why he's getting presents yet....he's just glad to have them!!!

All the g'parents are Christian though so he's getting big stuff later!!!!
Kristen

momma_boo
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Happy Hanukkah!

Uh Oh. DH was slacking and hasn't gotten the candles yet for his menorah. I made him responsible for it since it's technically his holiday, right?

Well, Nanny and Pop-Pop flew south to Arizona for the winter, so we won't be having any major Hanukkah celebrations here. Although I just remembered that we do have Sarah's Hanukkah gift from them. I guess I'll let her open it tonight!

Hmm. If your DH qualifies as being 1/4 Jewish, perhaps I can be considered to be 1/3? Growing up in my town, I went to tons and tons of bar/bat/even a b'not mitzvah when I was a kid. After attending quite a few for DH's family, I've gotten pretty good at reciting the beginning of the prayer, LOL!

Have a wonderful visit w/ your mom and a great Chrismukkah season. (I have to get DH to start using that word. It cracks me up).

brigmaman
12-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Happy Hanukkah! Enjoy Jamie!

StaceyKim
12-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Happy Hannukah everyone!
I got my candles on time this year!

gour0
12-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Have you looked at TJ Maxx and Marshals? They have some.

sugarsnappea
12-07-2004, 01:03 PM
"the Chrismukkah season has officially begun!" LOL! :) We celebrate this in our home too. I am so excited that DH will be home early enough tonight to have dinner with us. JG has been singing the dreidel song all day long...

pritchettzoo
12-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Happy Hanukkah!

(And LOL about Chrismukkah!)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

Edited to correct spelling. I'm sorry!

cinrein
12-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Happy Hanukkah everyone!!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

mamaturk
12-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Happy Hanukkah!!! You made me laugh with "Chrismukkah"!!

mamaturk
12-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Happy Hanukkah!!! You made me laugh with "Chrismukkah"!!

Sarah1
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Happy Hanukkah Jamie!!! We're excited here, too. Got Audrey's presents all wrapped last night and cannot wait to give her her first gift tonight. I almost caved and gave one to her this morning :P

Last year I found the most ADORABLE Noah's Ark menorah on sale after Christmas for 1/2 off--so I am proudly using that this year instead of our boring but beautiful (and in need of polishing I might add) silver one. Audrey loves the animals. I also found some beautiful Hanukkah candles on sale last year after Christmas as well--a huge box--which should hopefully get us through another Hanukkah or two!!

Tonight I'm making salmon latkes for dinner. This is my first time trying these...we'll see how it goes!

Let us know how Kayla likes all her presents :)

Sarah1
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Happy Hanukkah Jamie!!! We're excited here, too. Got Audrey's presents all wrapped last night and cannot wait to give her her first gift tonight. I almost caved and gave one to her this morning :P

Last year I found the most ADORABLE Noah's Ark menorah on sale after Christmas for 1/2 off--so I am proudly using that this year instead of our boring but beautiful (and in need of polishing I might add) silver one. Audrey loves the animals. I also found some beautiful Hanukkah candles on sale last year after Christmas as well--a huge box--which should hopefully get us through another Hanukkah or two!!

Tonight I'm making salmon latkes for dinner. This is my first time trying these...we'll see how it goes!

Let us know how Kayla likes all her presents :)

candybomiller
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Happy Hanukkah everyone!

And instead of saying Happy Holidays, we say Happy Chrismahanukwanzzakah! Say it aloud. It's a lot of fun. :)

candybomiller
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Happy Hanukkah everyone!

And instead of saying Happy Holidays, we say Happy Chrismahanukwanzzakah! Say it aloud. It's a lot of fun. :)

rrosen
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Happy Hanukkah Everyone!

Gabrielle, Bailey (furbaby) and I are going to my parent's in NY tomorrow. We will make latkes and jelly donuts, I can't wait! My parents bought Gabrielle the cutest ballerina menorah last year that I will bring with us. Little girls in ballerina costumes are at each candle along a ballet bar. And there is a mirror behind them like in a dance studio, which reflects the light. It is tradition in my family that each family member lights there own menorah.

And then my biggest Hanukkah treat is that I get to meet Baby Amelia, Sophie and Marisa this weekend!

rrosen
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Happy Hanukkah Everyone!

Gabrielle, Bailey (furbaby) and I are going to my parent's in NY tomorrow. We will make latkes and jelly donuts, I can't wait! My parents bought Gabrielle the cutest ballerina menorah last year that I will bring with us. Little girls in ballerina costumes are at each candle along a ballet bar. And there is a mirror behind them like in a dance studio, which reflects the light. It is tradition in my family that each family member lights there own menorah.

And then my biggest Hanukkah treat is that I get to meet Baby Amelia, Sophie and Marisa this weekend!

Piglet
12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Chappy Chanukah!

lrucci
12-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Happy Hannukkah! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

jubilee
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Happy Hanukkah everyone!! I hope your holiday is wonderful!

Twin Mom
12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Happy Hanukkah everyone! This is the first Hanukkah where my kids kind of understand what is going on. Well at least the gift part! They were so excited about opening their gifts or maybe it was just tearing the wrapping paper. I guess I'm going to have to buy more gifts so they have at least something small for each night.

LOL about Chrismukkah too as my DH and I love the OC.

missmelis01
12-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Happy Hannukah! This is my son's first Hannukah, but I couldn't resist getting him 8 gifts, even though he doesn't know what's going on!!! :-)

I wanted to wrap his presents, but DH told me I was crazy. We did light the candles and DS giggled at the light. It was so cute.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!