PDA

View Full Version : His name is Evan! ...people keep calling DC by wrong name

usfrph
12-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I guess Ethan is more common and they have the same meaning but hello!
I grew up with my name being pronounced hay-meh (jaime) because people
were not used to the name jamie so this is a pet peeve of mine.

Does this happen to anyone else here? How do you respond? Just correct them?
Any witty responses I can come back with? :-)

Tondi G
12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
UUGH! We get that all the time. My DS's name is MASON... not Jason or Nathan! Some people just don't listen!

LOL too cause my DH's name is Ethan and he gets Evan and Nathan all the time too!

I just say, No it's Mason with an M! People respond oh ok!

There is probably nothing you can do about it.... it's just people being people!!!!

Good luck
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

jk3
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
That is so annoying. My DS's name is Braden - not the most common name but not crazy or unusual either - and most people call him Brandon or Brendan by mistake. Even after I correct them or spell the name for them some insist that I am incorrect. Very strange. I feel your pain!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

amp
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Ack! Evan is our boy name when we finally have a baby! Love it!

amp
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Ack! Evan is our boy name when we finally have a baby! Love it!

laretce6
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
If it makes you feel any better, everyone we've met in this part of VA pronounces my daughter's name ELNER. um what? We've given up on correcting them cause it's pretty useless ;)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

laretce6
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
If it makes you feel any better, everyone we've met in this part of VA pronounces my daughter's name ELNER. um what? We've given up on correcting them cause it's pretty useless ;)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

NancyJ_redo
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Same here! Braeden often gets pronounced Brandon or Brendan, even by family members. And for DS' 1st bday party my mom picked up the cake and brought it to the party. It wasn't until we were putting the candles in to sing 'happy bday' that I realized they had written Brandon on the cake. I just take it all in stride, I suppose there are worse things he could be called :)

NancyJ_redo
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Same here! Braeden often gets pronounced Brandon or Brendan, even by family members. And for DS' 1st bday party my mom picked up the cake and brought it to the party. It wasn't until we were putting the candles in to sing 'happy bday' that I realized they had written Brandon on the cake. I just take it all in stride, I suppose there are worse things he could be called :)

heidis2girls
12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
We get this a lot with Hannah's name. People think it's "Anna" and I just say "no it's Hannah with an 'H'". If Hannah is with me and someone calls her Anna, she says (quite emphatically) "no, it's HANNAH"! They definitely get the point! ;-)

heidis2girls
12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
We get this a lot with Hannah's name. People think it's "Anna" and I just say "no it's Hannah with an 'H'". If Hannah is with me and someone calls her Anna, she says (quite emphatically) "no, it's HANNAH"! They definitely get the point! ;-)

usfrph
12-07-2004, 04:44 PM
LOL! I guess I have to wait till Evan talks and he can be the one to correct them :-)

deborah_r
12-07-2004, 04:54 PM
In my apartment building, about 1/3 of the people think my son's name is Kyle, another 1/3 think his name is Ty, and the rest have it right. I don't correct them unless I see them often!

jk3
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
I knew you would understand! His great-grandmother still calls him Brandon!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png