PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Ritz for digital pictures? I liked them a lot.

kristine_elen
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I needed a few photos printed immediately, so I uploaded them to Ritzpix.com and then went and picked them up (they are ready in an hour). I thought the quality was much better than Ofoto or Shutterfly, both of which I've used in the past. I love that they're ready right away and you don't have to pay for shipping (although I think you can have them shipped). They also have the online album-sharing capabilty. Just thought I'd share, since I was so happy w/the experience.

kristine_elen
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I needed a few photos printed immediately, so I uploaded them to Ritzpix.com and then went and picked them up (they are ready in an hour). I thought the quality was much better than Ofoto or Shutterfly, both of which I've used in the past. I love that they're ready right away and you don't have to pay for shipping (although I think you can have them shipped). They also have the online album-sharing capabilty. Just thought I'd share, since I was so happy w/the experience.

papal
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
teehee. glad you likes them kristine... i was afraid you would kill me. does your ritz do matte?

papal
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
teehee. glad you likes them kristine... i was afraid you would kill me. does your ritz do matte?

Rachels
12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh, cool! Thanks for posting.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

Rachels
12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh, cool! Thanks for posting.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

kristine_elen
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
NO! That was the only drawback. But it's so great to get good prints and to get them RIGHT AWAY (I'm such an instant-gratifiction girl). And I love not paying shipping. I had them print a photo I'd already gotten from Ofoto and Ritz did a better job. Thanks for letting me know about them.

kristine_elen
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
NO! That was the only drawback. But it's so great to get good prints and to get them RIGHT AWAY (I'm such an instant-gratifiction girl). And I love not paying shipping. I had them print a photo I'd already gotten from Ofoto and Ritz did a better job. Thanks for letting me know about them.

g-mama
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
How funny, I just did this for the first time today, too! Dh sent it to Ritz online last night and I picked them up today. They looked great! I'm not real familiar with the other services as I've just "gone digital!"

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

g-mama
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
How funny, I just did this for the first time today, too! Dh sent it to Ritz online last night and I picked them up today. They looked great! I'm not real familiar with the other services as I've just "gone digital!"

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

papal
12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Mine doesn't do matte either and I want to hit the sluggish guy who works there. But there is one further off that does matte.
But yes, for regular prints, I do love them. Upload, go, park and pick up! Woohoo!

I am an instant gratification girl myself... it is SO hard when you have a film camera... i am hoping hoping to get a Nikon D70 SLR for me birthday.

papal
12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Mine doesn't do matte either and I want to hit the sluggish guy who works there. But there is one further off that does matte.
But yes, for regular prints, I do love them. Upload, go, park and pick up! Woohoo!

I am an instant gratification girl myself... it is SO hard when you have a film camera... i am hoping hoping to get a Nikon D70 SLR for me birthday.

AvasMama
12-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Rashmi,
The one in Old Town (on King St near Gap Outlet) does matte, or at least it used to. Maybe that is the one you were referring to? I am excited to hear about this option for digital as I much prefer matte! Plus, that Ritz will be on my walk to/from work, so that will be super convenient once we move.

Robyn & Ava

papal
12-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Robyn,
The don't do matte anymore. But for regular pics, I think glossy would work just as well!
If you do go to that Ritz, be warned of the sluggish guy in the grey coat (HE WEARS THE SAME COAT EVERYDAY!). Sometimes, I just want to beat him with a stick.