PDA

View Full Version : We're home! (long and lots of pics)

amp
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
We had a fabulous trip to Florida, even if it was very short! Thank you very much to those of you who gave me recommendations on what to do with a toddler. I think we did most of them and we had a blast!

We arrived Tues. nite. John had to work a trade show Wed & Thurs. Jamie and Kayla picked Jake and I up at our hotel Wed. am and we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to explore. It was so much fun! We got to see animals, play on the playground, wander around and we even had the unexpected treat of watching some of the African students who'd just graduated entertaining guests with African singing and dancing. The kids were mesmerized! We tried, unsuccessfully to get Kayla to nap in my hotel room, so they left. We thought that was the end of our visit with them....But they couldn't get enough of us! :P So they met John, Jake and I for dinner. Except for a few minor mishaps at dinner (ask Jamie about these), we had a great time! The kids did amazingly well after a busy day!

Thursday Jamie has to teach a class, but we ended up meeting in the morning and spending a couple hours at the outlet mall, wandering and shopping. The kids got to wander around to their hearts content before the shops opened. In the evening, our family checked out Pointe Orlando and ate dinner. Not very exciting of a mall, but thanks to Teva, we knew there was a kids train, and Jake was ecstatic about it!

Friday, John was finally free and so we went to the Green Meadows Petting Zoo, which Jamie had recommended to us. This was one of the best things we did there. We have a farm at home that we visit, but this place was unbelievable! Jake got to actually pet and interact with pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, ponies, llamas and donkeys! WOW! And he got his first pony ride, and he screamed when we took him off. He LOVED it and I've not seen him smile quite so big before when doing something new! Jamie was with her playgroup there and we got to see her and Kayla again for a short while. We also got to ride a train and go on a hayride!

That afternoon we spent at Downtown Disney and then later that evening ate dinner at and walked competely around Disney's Boardwalk. It was beautiful!

Sat. am before leaving, we intended to wander the pond area at Wilderness Lodge, but didn't find the exit before John decided to head to the AKL to see what he had missed a few days earlier. We defied the guest pass restrictions and let Jake wade into the zero depth pool. Man, that kid has NO fear! He was so cute in his little swim dipe, strutting around like he owned the place!

So thanks to all who made suggestions on what to do with a toddler in Orlando. You were all right on target!

And thanks to Jamie and Kayla, who took so much time to hang out with us. I met them both in Chicago and this visit felt like we'd known each other forever. As Jamie said, really we have "known" each other since before our babies were born. I miss them both already and can't believe they don't live closer so we could hang out all the time. That Kayla is so adorable. She even has DH enchanted! And every person who went by our table or saw her was chatting her up from the moment she looked at them! They are so cool! And Jake wants everyone to know that Jamie and I already in talk of an arranged marriage, and you'll see why when you peek at the pics.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18191.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18192.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18193.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18194.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18195.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18196.jpg

amp
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
We had a fabulous trip to Florida, even if it was very short! Thank you very much to those of you who gave me recommendations on what to do with a toddler. I think we did most of them and we had a blast!

We arrived Tues. nite. John had to work a trade show Wed & Thurs. Jamie and Kayla picked Jake and I up at our hotel Wed. am and we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to explore. It was so much fun! We got to see animals, play on the playground, wander around and we even had the unexpected treat of watching some of the African students who'd just graduated entertaining guests with African singing and dancing. The kids were mesmerized! We tried, unsuccessfully to get Kayla to nap in my hotel room, so they left. We thought that was the end of our visit with them....But they couldn't get enough of us! :P So they met John, Jake and I for dinner. Except for a few minor mishaps at dinner (ask Jamie about these), we had a great time! The kids did amazingly well after a busy day!

Thursday Jamie has to teach a class, but we ended up meeting in the morning and spending a couple hours at the outlet mall, wandering and shopping. The kids got to wander around to their hearts content before the shops opened. In the evening, our family checked out Pointe Orlando and ate dinner. Not very exciting of a mall, but thanks to Teva, we knew there was a kids train, and Jake was ecstatic about it!

Friday, John was finally free and so we went to the Green Meadows Petting Zoo, which Jamie had recommended to us. This was one of the best things we did there. We have a farm at home that we visit, but this place was unbelievable! Jake got to actually pet and interact with pigs, cows, ducks, chickens, ponies, llamas and donkeys! WOW! And he got his first pony ride, and he screamed when we took him off. He LOVED it and I've not seen him smile quite so big before when doing something new! Jamie was with her playgroup there and we got to see her and Kayla again for a short while. We also got to ride a train and go on a hayride!

That afternoon we spent at Downtown Disney and then later that evening ate dinner at and walked competely around Disney's Boardwalk. It was beautiful!

Sat. am before leaving, we intended to wander the pond area at Wilderness Lodge, but didn't find the exit before John decided to head to the AKL to see what he had missed a few days earlier. We defied the guest pass restrictions and let Jake wade into the zero depth pool. Man, that kid has NO fear! He was so cute in his little swim dipe, strutting around like he owned the place!

So thanks to all who made suggestions on what to do with a toddler in Orlando. You were all right on target!

And thanks to Jamie and Kayla, who took so much time to hang out with us. I met them both in Chicago and this visit felt like we'd known each other forever. As Jamie said, really we have "known" each other since before our babies were born. I miss them both already and can't believe they don't live closer so we could hang out all the time. That Kayla is so adorable. She even has DH enchanted! And every person who went by our table or saw her was chatting her up from the moment she looked at them! They are so cool! And Jake wants everyone to know that Jamie and I already in talk of an arranged marriage, and you'll see why when you peek at the pics.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18191.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18192.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18193.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18194.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18195.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18196.jpg

bluej
12-07-2004, 02:46 PM
What cute kiddos! Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time! I love the pic of Jake on the slide. He looks like he's King of the Slide!

bluej
12-07-2004, 02:46 PM
What cute kiddos! Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time! I love the pic of Jake on the slide. He looks like he's King of the Slide!

mharling
12-07-2004, 02:50 PM
What fun, Andrea!! I am so jealous that you and Jamie got to see each other again! Your pictures are fabulous. The one of Jake in his swim dipe is cracking me up. :)

So glad you had a great trip. You certainly deserved a vacation!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

mharling
12-07-2004, 02:50 PM
What fun, Andrea!! I am so jealous that you and Jamie got to see each other again! Your pictures are fabulous. The one of Jake in his swim dipe is cracking me up. :)

So glad you had a great trip. You certainly deserved a vacation!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

rrosen
12-07-2004, 04:08 PM
The pictures are fabulous! I am so glad you had such a great time. The kids are so cute together! I love Jake on the pony, he looks quite at home. And whenever I see beautiful Kayla I am overtaken with hair envy! I can't wait until Gabrielle has hair that can be cute like that.

Thank you for sharing!

brigmaman
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Cute pics! I'm so jealous that you guys were able to meet up again! I can't believe how much both Kayla and Jake have grown up!

Bethann31
12-07-2004, 05:54 PM
They are so adorable!! I am so glad you had a great time. It is so much fun to meet up with other BBB moms.

Beth

houseof3boys
12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Fun!!! It sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you guys had such a good time.

Ryan might get jealous that Kayla has another boyfriend though. :)

amazz
12-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Andrea you always post the best pictures! Jake and Kayla are growing up so fast! They are just adorable. I'm glad you had a good trip and glad you're home safely.

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

pritchettzoo
12-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Welcome back! Glad you had such a fun time. Cute pics! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

Laurelsmom2002
12-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear you had fun while you were down here, after you left I thought of a jewish deli that was on sand lake that is a great place. oh well next time
Good to see you while you were here- hopefully next time i won't be soo distracted

steph2003
12-07-2004, 08:50 PM
How cute is the last one of Jake? What a little swim suit model :)

Ah yes, I see Jake & Kayla would make a very cute pair indeed!

jbowman
12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Wonderful pics, Andrea! Welcome home!

Jake is the cutest!!! And Kayla is adorable!

jec2
12-08-2004, 12:25 AM
sounds like such fun! Cute pics! The goat and pony pics are just so cute.

And, Jamie, I recognize that tie-dye!!!!!! Hee hee, Kayla looks so cute in it :)

new_mommy25
12-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Cute, cute, cute!! I'm glad you had such an awesome time and that you got to meet Jamie! It looks like Jake and Kayla definetely hit it off.

jd11365
12-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Juliet,
Glad you saw it...I put it on her because I figured there would be a picture or two taken that day and posted, and what better to wear than the outfit you made for her! It's the first time she's worn it, and personally I think she looked absolutely adorable wearing it! It's my new favorite outfit for her!

I had sooooooo much fun with the "Amps" here in Orlando. Our first visit just didn't cut it for us...too short...so we ended up meeting up that night for dinner. We went to The Ale House which is a great place to take toddlers if they aren't the type to sit still IYKWIM. It's kinda like a sports bar, but the entire one-half is a restaurant with TVs...where we sat...and the other has the bar and pool tables and such. It's perfect because it's not quiet, so if the kids get a little noisy, nobody really knows. It's completely non-smoking, and very clean. The food is VERY reasonable too, which is a big plus. I ordered a whole Maine lobster dinner for $11.95! (Of course the waitress spilled the butter all over my favorite Ann Taylor jeans and the grease stains wont come out, but I digress.) It's right near Downtown Disney, so just a suggestion for those who are heading to the Orlando area.

Ironically, my some of my friends and I had a playdate at the Green Meadows Petting Farm when they were there too, so we got to have another fast visit while they were there. This is a GREAT place to take toddlers...especially to let them run around and get their energy out. Lots of animals to pet, a pony ride, a hay ride, and a ride on the choo-choo train make for toddler heaven. It's very dirty though, so wear serious play clothes when you go...not the place for your finest Hanna and Elefentens, KWIM?

Like Andrea said, it feels like I know her forever. She's just as awesome in person as she is on the boards! We've only met in Chicago, but I guess since we've been on the boards together since before the babies were born...sharing everything together...it feels like she lives next door. Unfortunately, she's a few states up and over instead of a few houses down. :( And Jake is a doll. He was sooooo good and soooo sweet. The picture of the two of them was when Kayla sat down for a water break, and Jake walked over and decided he wanted to sit with her too. It's was just too cute!

Usually when you all come to Orlando, you're crazy trying to get everything there is to do done, especially when paying the prices you do. So I actually rarely get to visit with my BBB friends here. Since Andrea was here along with her DH on a convention visit and wasn't doing the Disney set, I totally lucked out! Whenever anyone else comes down, and you have some time...let me know!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

amp
12-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention that I got to meet you too! Sorry about that! It's always nice to meet fellow BBB members and their kids. Laurel is a sweetheart! And your little guy was too cute all tucked up into you!

amp
12-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Oh yeah! They dug each other the first time they met, and Jake was a bit enchanted with Miss Kayla Bean this time as well. Can you blame him?! She's a charmer!

papal
12-08-2004, 08:53 AM
WELCOME BACK AMP!!! :)
It sounds and looks like you had a FANTASTIC time and the weather looks so gorgeous (Jamie I am SO jealous you live in weather like this year round!).
Both Jake and Kayla look so adorable.. my fav picture is the two of them in stroller... Jake looks like he is gabbing away and Kayla looks like she has some neck-attitude going on there while she is listening to him..heehee. That petting zoo looks so fabulous.. I bet that was Jake's favourite part.
Jamie, I recognize that romper.. we have the identical one..heehee... isn't it just the best.. I can't wait for next summer to put it on Leels again. Miss Kayla looks adorable as usual.

Andrea, shutterfly more pics for us!

momma_boo
12-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Those were such great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a good time!!

candybomiller
12-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Glad to hear you had such a nice trip. I'm jealous you got to go visit Jamie and Kayla. :P Hopefully we'll be headed to FL before long. Matt will give Jake a run for his money in the arranged marriage department! He's such a flirt.

OT: I can't believe how much Jake has grown. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all together in Chicago. He's turning into such a big boy!!

jd11365
12-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Here's a few more pics. I especially wanted to add the one of Kayla standing up in her "Juliet creation" because is too cute not to show off better!

Makes me think RETREAT!!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18276.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18277.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18278.jpg

amp
12-08-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm glad you posted a few more pics! I didn't want to be the one to post that many in one post, so I'm glad added on those I missed!

Is your mom there yet? Have a great week with her! Happy Hanukkah!

tippy
12-13-2004, 04:16 AM
What awsome pictures. I really love the last one! I'm so glad you guys had what sounds like an awsome time. Jamie is the best. I can't get over how much Kayla has changed since my visit to Fl in July. That petting zoo looks amazing. Looking at these pics really makes me pine for that Fl sunshine!
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

McQ
12-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Makes me think retreat too! Looks like you all had a fab time. And you're kiddos are too cute!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

tina-t
12-13-2004, 01:46 PM
It sounds like you all had a great time. These are wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.