PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is rolling over-sleep question

StaceyKim
12-07-2004, 04:18 PM
My daughter has been rolling over. Usually the minute I put her in her crib she rolls to her stomach (she is 4 months old). Do I let her stay on her tummy while she sleeps or should I roll her to her back? I usually wait till she falls asleep and have been rolling her to her back because I am worried about leaving her on her tummy. She can't roll from her tummy to her back yet.

TIA!

psophia17
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
DS started doing the same thing at about 4 months, and if we waited for him to fall asleep and tried roll him back, he'd just do it over again. We ended up leaving him on his belly. It only took a few weeks for him to learn to get from his stomach to his back, so it wasn't too bad. My major fear was him getting his head wrapped with blankets, so I tended to not put one on him until he fell asleep. Usually, we'd find the blanket jammed into the corner of the crib by morning, nowhere near DS.

HTH :)

urbanmama
12-07-2004, 06:40 PM
My DD started doing this at 4 months as well. It made me so nervous, but when I flipped her, she would either wake up (and who wants that???) or just roll back over. A lot of times she would tense up her body in her sleep and try to "hold" the position. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said that I should just leave her on her stomach.

I made sure that I had NOTHING in her crib though. No blankets, toys, etc. I even took off the crib bumper.

Judegirl
12-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Yep, dd did this then, too...drove me nuts. Here's the link to the thread I posted at the time, if you're interested:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=120661&mesg_id=120661&listing_type=search

We bought a bunch of sleep sacks, a new mattress (ours wasn't firm enough, it turned out), and tried to put her on her side in the hopes that she'd stay there. I have a very flat bumper in there, but nothing else.

Good luck!
Jude

StaceyKim
12-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I feel better now.
I actually got the breathable mesh bumper and I never put any blankets or stuffed animals in the crib. She usually doesn't wake up when I turn her over but she might be more comfortable on her tummy, ya know?

missmelis01
12-07-2004, 10:59 PM
DS did the same thing and our pediatrician said there were no problems letting him stay on his tummy. He sleeps souder on his tummy, and it's been 4+ months with no problems.