PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo way OT!!! shaving down there for fun, wink

JulieL
12-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Um some help here, do you just use a normal razor or what is most effective? I got a recommendation for this stuff to help with the razor bumbs, www.shaverschoice.com, now I'm wondering the best way uhmumm, to do this.

barbarhow
12-07-2004, 05:09 PM
I have always used a regualr razor. Right now the Mach 3. Seems to do a fine job.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

slknight
12-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Have to edit this - dying of embarassment -

just use a razor, warm water, and shaving cream.

Check out the book "101 Nights of Great Sex" if you want to get creative with this particular activity. ;-)

sbjf
12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
hahah, never thought I'd see this post. Well, I just use a regular plastic disposable razor and soap while I'm in the shower. I used to get waxed but that was too much trouble so I began the razor thing. At first it did cause bumps I think, but once my skin got used to it that stopped. I think sometimes it still gets itchy from the shaving but not bad and not for long, and only sometimes really. Overall I think that doing it yourself (or having dh do it for you) is the best way because it's cheap and you can really keep up with it if you want.

8isenough
12-07-2004, 06:13 PM
You can also have it professionally done...most salons will design something for you. I...ok, nevermind...TMI... :)

psophia17
12-07-2004, 06:22 PM
I like the Mach 3, too - not the Mach 3 Turbo or the other new one, the plain old ordinary Mach 3...

If I have my choice, though, I go get waxed at Elizabeth Arden...waxing in general is not fun, but after the first couple of times it's not so bad, and going the fancy route at the Red Door Salon was only about $5 more expensive than the beauty shop on the corner...totally worth it.

wilelm
12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
I have really sensitive skin, and the St. Ives facial apricot scrub you can get just about anywhere takes care of the razor burn bumps for me.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Had a name, but husband informed me suddenly he didn't like it anymore, due via c-s 12/30/04

himom
12-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Alright, I'll embarrass myself by asking. I'm kind of curious and I might want to try this.

Isn't this kind of thing (I'm talking the extreme ones) really high maintenance? Or if you do something like that do you just commit to shaving every day? Can you do anything cute that doesn't need to be shaved every single day?

Cute was probably not a good word to use but I really couldn't think of anything, having never discussed this topic before.

JulieL
12-08-2004, 11:56 AM
ummm, k I'll answer this, I'm way blushing btw. In the book The S Factor you can find an area that gives diagrams (it won't make you blush, pretty basic drawings) of ideas you can umhumm style the area, ok I'm blushing again... you know you are friends when you can talk about this! :P

ktdid74
12-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Susan... you bad girl ;) Now I wish I had read what you edited :)

ktdid74
12-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I really like the new Quattro- 4 blades and very few problems with "the bumps" :)

cchavez
12-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Do they work? Also Noxzema (sp?) makes these tiny disposable shavers/razors that work well. hth

c2lane
12-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I was fortunate enough to have a friend, who is a nurse and owns her own Body Clinic use me as a guinea pig when she first opened her salon for laser hair removal treatment. It was THE best thing I've ever done. I had my bikini area lasered about 3 years ago and the hair has never grown back! I'm thinking about going back and having a bit more done ;) Sure beats shaving if you can afford the cost.

Carrie & Dillan Rose 01/02/04
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050102/2/2/0/-8/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif 11+ months and going strong

JMS
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Was lasering painful???

c2lane
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
It was uncomfortable. It felt like little needle pricks. Usually she would numb the area with ice before hand and also use a topical numbing gel. Then we discovered I was allergic to the numbing gel because I broke out in a horrible rash after each sessions, so we would only numb it with the ice. I think waxing is probably more painful.

However, I think I have a high tolerance for pain. I was in labor all day with DD and by the time we got to the hospital I was 10 centimeters and ready to push. DD was born 1/2 an hour after we arrived. The only reason I went to the hospital was to be checked because I had some bright red blood on the tp. DH almost talked me into going to dinner before going to the hospital because my contractions weren't that bad and had only been 10 mins apart all day.

Carrie & Dillan Rose 01/02/04
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050102/2/2/0/-8/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif 11+ months and going strong

Tracey
12-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Get an electric razor--the kind with a trimmer. That way you can uhh style the "area" without shaving it all off.

TahliasMom
12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I agree! My DH shaves his with a hair clipper, which I borrow to shave down here. CLose shave and no bumps! :)