PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAYS ARE STRESSFUL!!!!!!!

crayonblue
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Anyone else feeling the stress? This week I have a birthday party to plan (this is a good thing), in-laws to cook for and entertain, house to clean up for the in-laws (who will make a mess before the party, so I will have to reclean), packing to do for trip to Texas, Christmas presents to buy, and on and on and on.

I love my family but they drive me batty and I only see them once, maybe twice per year. I am totally stressing about Christmas with my family and dealing with the awkwardness of step-parents and trying to juggle which parent to see when. JILL, WE HAVE TO GET TOGETHER! I AM SURE I WILL NEED A SANE PERSON TO TALK TO!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely a high-strung person. Interesting, because today DH's brother commented that they are looking forward to this week's visit because we are so laid back. They must not know me!

Well, I have to go. I have so much to do it is not even funny.

JLiebCamm
12-07-2004, 10:46 PM
I feel your pain. And knowing that I could have this baby earlier than expected doesn't help my stress!

JLiebCamm
12-07-2004, 10:46 PM
I feel your pain. And knowing that I could have this baby earlier than expected doesn't help my stress!

jbowman
12-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Ciao Lana!

Big, big hugs!

I am planning a HUGE birthday party this weekend (50+ people I fear, LOL!), finals, finishing articles, meeting with students and faculty, grading, preparing for our big trip to Indiana, cleaning, and now entertaining my mom (which isn't a bad thing--it's just, well, another thing!)--I feel your pain!

E-mail me and we'll make plans. I am looking forward to getting together, Lana! I can't promise that I'll be *sane*, but we can at least commiserate!