PDA

View Full Version : How young is to old...

redhookmom
12-08-2004, 12:15 PM
to play with Christmas gifts before Christmas? The packages are arriving via UPS an FedEx and I can't wait until the kids are in bed to play! While my ds is in kindergarten my 2 year old dd and I play with his toys. Today the Kinderkram castle came and it is gorgeous! We have been playing with it for hours.

I don't mind if she remembers the gifts on Christmas morning as she is to young to spill the beans to big brother. Any chance she will remember next year? I don't think so... I have held back showing her the gifts for her.

brubeck
12-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Basing it on my DD, right now you should be okay. But age 3 is a whole different ball game. She WILL remember and you will be caught out.

When I feel an urge to play with the stuff I wrap it. I mean I REALLY wrap it. Fancy, immaculate wrapping, gorgeous ribbon (re-useable) bows, a candy cane tied on just so.... very Martha Stewart. This way I AM playing with it. Sort of. And I'm not risking blowing my cover. :)

You post reminded me of that Seinfeld episode: the one where Jerry's girlfriend has all of the classic toys and doesn't want to open them. So Jerry and George keep bringing her turkey and wine so she will sleep and they play with everything. LOL.

bluej
12-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Well *I* got busted just yesterday! Boy, time flies by when you are having fun. I got this for Alex http://tinyurl.com/4hvag and was checking it out yesterday when she came home from school! I swear I had 20 minutes before she was suppose to get home when I opened the box! I had to lie to her and tell her it's for DH's cousin's daughter. Btw, thanks Helen for the code!

I would say your good to go for now, but next year you'll be in trouble. Especially if you say it's a secret b/w the two of you. Then she'll be busting at the seams to share your secret!

brubeck
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
That does look nice! Glad the code helped.

Perhaps when she opens it Christmas morning you can say that she seemed so interested in it that you/Santa got one for her too? :)