PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to TLC for the new Baby Story

lmariana
12-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I haven't watched that show in ages because it annoyed me so much, but I caught an episode yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised! They changed the show a bit. No more cheesy music, better editing, and more of the baby-at-home stuff! The episode I saw had the birth about 10 minutes into the show, and then the rest was the parent's struggle at home with their newborn. Very fun!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

mharling
12-08-2004, 02:45 PM
I have seen a couple of adoptions ones lately. One of them even highlighted the fact that the mother was initiating lactation. I about fell over!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

g-mama
12-08-2004, 03:57 PM
I saw this yesterday, too, and wondered what this show was - I thought it could not possibly be A Baby Story. I was amazed that they spent so much time (or any!) on the story AFTERWARDS and that the mom struggled with the baby not sleeping, her husband going back to work and being all alone and nervous....it was truly reality TV!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

bostonsmama
12-08-2004, 05:22 PM
For those of us to-be mammas who haven't had a baby yet (and thus watch A Baby Story every single day), it's not QUITE typical of all the new shows. The episode you all saw was a repeat of the first NEW "A Baby Story" show. On the east coast at least, TLC runs 2 old episodes at 9am and 9:30am. Then, at 2:00pm, TLC runs an old episode followed by a new episode. The new episodes are increasingly looking like the older episodes (in that it's rare to see more than 5 minutes at home with the parents and child). Of course, all of this is better than being forced to see 20 minutes of baby showers and cookouts with 5 minutes of labor and 1 minute of rosiness at home after the birth. I like to watch "Birth Day" on Discovery Health. They really get into the medical aspect of it all, breaking down medical jargon in almost powerpoint format. I have seen quite a few home births and many more birthing center births (with doulas, midwives, immediate nursing, good laboring techniques like squatting, walking, eating, growling, and waterbirthing) on Discovery Health's "Birth Day" show. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there.

momathome
12-08-2004, 05:24 PM
I saw it, too - loved it! Their baby was actually born at the same hospital I was! :)

JLiebCamm
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm anxious to watch it. I was obsessed with the show on my last maternity leave and got so tired of hearing, "She/He is such an angel. They only cry when they are hungry or need to be changed..." It made me feel like I had a difficult child!