PDA

View Full Version : winter coats

cherylm
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
What does everyone do when they take their children out in the car in the winter for trips to the grocery store, dry cleaners, post office etc. My daughter no longer fits in her infant car seat so the Bundle Me is no longer an option and I don't use the stroller for errands like the ones I mentioned. Yet the bulky jackets for kids aren't supposed to be good for use in the car seat. So what's a mom to do?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheryl

sdbc
12-08-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm still struggling with this, but it's not that cold in NC. Sometimes I just warm the car up and carry dd out in a blanket. She doesn't need the coat in the car. Sometimes I have a fleece sweatshirt on her and strap her in with it. You are right, though: never strap a child into the car seat with a big, puffy jacket.

ethansmom
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
Fleece buntings are a great alternative. Not sure if they still have any, but LE and LLBean both had some on clearance earlier in the year. Also, if you search the layette forum, you can find a LLBean free shipping code.

g-mama
12-08-2004, 08:00 PM
When my kids were babies but had outgrown the infant seat, I put them in a bunting. It was nice and warm but not very bulky like a coat would be. I got mine as a gift but it was from Nordstrom. I loved it.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

kseltmann
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
I just struggled with the same issue. I put Emily in the car with this puffy coat on and she looked like the kid from A Christmas Story in it. We quickly went to Old Navy and I bought her a cute fleece zip-up hoodie for $16. I am so happy with it, and it keeps her warm without being bulky. It has faux fur trim on it, too, which makes her look extra adorable!

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]