PDA

View Full Version : Do you wrap your stocking stuffer gifts?

momtoemma
12-08-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm debating whether to wrap all the goodies for DD's stocking...Can't decide whether it would be more fun to dump the stocking out and be able to see it all at once or have to unwrap each item one at a time.

Thanks,

parkersmama
12-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh no! No wrapping for stocking stuffers! :) I guess we like 'em bare. When I was a kid, we were allowed to dump out the stocking (and all its unwrapped contents) before breakfast and play with that stuff but we had to wait on the big presents until all the old folks got their coffee, breakfast, etc. Ah, Christmas torture memories. :D

alexsmommy
12-08-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't - but that's b/c my parents never did. I've continued the tradition that stockings can be opened as soon a my step-daughter gets up. That works to tide her over (as it did me) until the whole family is up. I like this because it keeps her from making me nuts wanting to shake gifts - and will give me time to feed DS before gifts (rest of family will eat after gifts). I remember loving dumping out my stocking and seeing all the "loot" (usually cheap trinkets - but fun for a kid)
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

Bethann31
12-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Our family was exactly the same way!! And, I've carried on the tradition, only we don't have breakfast, only coffee.

But, the bottom line, no wrapped gifts in the stockings.

Beth

C99
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Nope. :)

redhookmom
12-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Santa always wrapped mine so I wrap. We would go downstairs take a peek at the tree and bring the stockings back upstairs to open on Mom and Dad's bed.

parkersmama
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Jessica, that sounds like a fun tradition! Cozy in mom & dad's bed. :)

pritchettzoo
12-08-2004, 11:30 PM
My Santa is incredibly anal and wraps everything--with curling ribbon and tons of really strong tape. Part of the fun is trying to get the tape and ribbon off the tube of Avon lipgloss and the dental floss!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

urquie
12-08-2004, 11:32 PM
i loved having the stocking stuffers wrapped!!! santa didn't wrap all of them, but the majority. it made the anticipation that much greater. i even enjoy it now... on the years that mom/santa stays with us for x-mas:)

mharling
12-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Ds and dh's Santa does NOT wrap. My Santa does. Strange, but that's the way it is. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

jubilee
12-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Typically I only put two "big" gifts in a stocking (like a book) and I wrap those in special Santa paper. And then the rest is candy or other food and those aren't wrapped.

barbarhow
12-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Oh yes-Santa always wraps our stocking stuffers. When we were little we were allowed to go down and retrieve our stockings and open them on our own beds. We had to wait for M&D to get up for the big presents. It was fun to sneak down early though and be able to see everything under the tree but sheer torture to have to wait for everything else....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

brubeck
12-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Actually Christmas is such a deluge at our house (even though I am trying to cut down we get sent so many things) that we usually forget about the stockings until the evening after we have opened everything else and cleaned up the wrappings/boxes. Then it's nice to have a small opening of the stockings where everything is WRAPPED!

And what is this breakfast thing? Excuse me but Christmas morning your breakfast is supposed to be cookies and chocolate (from your presents) munched under the tree while everyone opens! Only babies in high chairs are actually fed breakfast BEFORE the gifts! :)

Rachels
12-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Nope! Santa Claus never wrapped any of our gifts. They were all displayed around the livingroom and in our stockings, then family gifts were wrapped. I never minded in the slightest. It was great fun and made things a good deal easier on Santa, too. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

californiagirl
12-09-2004, 01:07 PM
We wrapped everything except the fruit. We did, however, get to open them *while* the muffins for breakfast were baking (yes, we had to bake the muffins for breakfast before the big presents could be opened). But the really scandalous part was that we would drink champagne while opening them. Yup, I got my own glass of champagne, for breakfast, even as a kid. I always ended up spilling it before I'd drunk much, but the rug was pretty much champagne-colored anyway.

And only one person could open a present at a time, even in the stockings. And you couldn't dump them out, you had to take presents from the top. (My mother and I always ended up with a little bag of extra presents -- her because she still had a tiny fragile stocking from when she was a kid, me because I was the small child in the household -- so we had more choice, but even so, you had to pick whether to do the stocking or the bag first.) Everybody always got a toothbrush, and part of the challenge was wrapping them so you didn't know it was a toothbrush before you opened it.

crl
12-09-2004, 01:19 PM
We don't. My family doesn't wrap anything from Santa and stocking stuffers are all from Santa.

HGraceMom
12-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Christmas morning flies by too quickly as it is - we wrap every tube of chapstick, matchbox car, candy bar, etc. to make the most out of present time - also, unlike DH's family, everyone in my family takes turns opening presents, which makes things go more slowly - it's fun to see the reactions of the gifts you've chosen, I think. At his parent's house, everyone opens gifts at the same time and it's a bit too hectic, "me" oriented, I think.

Just my 2c...

mom to little e
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
LOL!!

(I know what you mean!!)

starrynight
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
We don't wrap stocking stuffers, my parents never did either. I think my grandma sometimes did though.

sugarsnappea
12-09-2004, 06:45 PM
No wrap, no dump, and stockings are always last. :)