PDA

View Full Version : Looong Day!

TaChapm
12-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I swear we are at the doctor with Jackson every week. Last night we noticed that Jackson had another ingrown toe nail. The has had surgery twice on both of this big toes to correct it (I.E. cutting skin back so that it doesn't overlap the nail). It is so much more than just cutting out the actual nail. It is incredibly painful and the recovery is terrible. I hate it for him. He was in a lot of pain last night so we gave him motrin and put him to bed. Last night between 2-4 he was up and restless. He never cried so we left him in his crib. He usually wakes up in the night screaming so we figured he was ok. This morning he wakes up with a 104.7 fever. I officially win the bad mommy of the year award for not looking in on him when he was awake.

Today I take him in because of his toe and now the fever whick won't go down. Ped. says he will have to have surgery on his toe AGAIN! :(
I can't stand the thought of it. He was 4 and 10 months with his last ones but this time he will know what is going on. UGH! He is on antibiotics for the toe. He also had ulcers all over the back of his mouth. She said it would cause him to run a fever of 104-106 for the next 3-6 days. Poor little guy. He feels so bad. Tonight he is going to sleep with his mommy because I can't leave him alone with that fever. He has been known to have a seizure when his fever gets too high so I will be keeping a close watch on him.

Thanks for letting me vent. It has been a day from H**L!

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

bluej
12-08-2004, 11:01 PM
First off, I think I missed the announcement of your pregnancy so, CONGRATULATIONS!

I have no advice about Jackson's poor little toes but I'm sending lots of hugs his way! I also hope his fever is down soon and he's feeling better in the morning.

And most importantly, don't beat yourself up for not going in to him last night. How would you know that he wasn't feeling well? He wasn't crying so of course you would assume he was just restless. I'm sure he'll enjoy the extra cuddles while sleeping with you tonight. Sleep well.

mharling
12-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Tara -
I know he'll enjoy the treat of sleeping with you tonight. Snuggle up and enjoy it!!

How are you feeling pregnancy-wise?

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

TaChapm
12-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Sick Sick Sick and so very tired! I don't mind being sick so much because it lets me know that everything is ok with the pregnancy but I am suprised at how tired I am. My Doc. still wants me on modified bed rest until 12 weeks whick is next week. I haven't been doing great with that since we don't have anyone to watch Jackson. I started bleeding again yesterday but it was because I was running around with Jackson at the Doctor all day. Today I am going to take it easy. We have an US on Monday so hopefully I will get the all clear to return to normal activity.

Jackson still feels really bad. He was up most of the night. This morning his fever was 105.4. I just can't keep him comfortable. Jacob has meetings this morning but will be home at lunch so I can rest and stay flat on my back. It is going to be a long couple of days. :)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

kthomp
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Tara- that sounds so awful for poor Jackson! It's so sad when little ones have to suffer through pain. Do you have a good podiatrist that is helping you out with this? Could they be doing anything (special shoes, creams, etc.) to help prevent this from happening again?

I hope that he's feeling better really soon. And you mama- take it as easy as you can the next few days!

Hugs,

steph2003
12-09-2004, 11:12 AM
I think I missed the new siggy too! that is exciting news!

Your poor little guy! I hope for a speedy recovery for him & I know some extra mama love will go a long way :)