PDA

View Full Version : Editing passwords saved by Windows

Rachels
12-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know how to do that? I have one site where windows offered to remember the password, but I mistyped it, and now it's a to delete and reenter it every time. Any ideas?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

ShayleighCarsensMom
12-09-2004, 11:10 AM
I would not let windows remember any passwords for you, write them all down and tape it to your monitor....
Here's why!
Last June someone hacked into our DSL line and was able to access EVERYTHING because we had stored all of our passwords...they drained paypal, which then drained the checking account attatched to it, and they even got ahold of our credit card and went shopping.
Thankfully I noticed it right as it was happening as I was checking our email the same time they were (and they were deleting all these change of password emails because they had changed our online passwords for paypal and our bank). In the long run we were not out any money, but we ended up putting a fraud alert on our credit report so that they cant open any cards under our name.
And none of this would have happened if I hadnt stored any passwords!
Just my opinion!

steph2003
12-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Rachel -
I asked my DH since he is the tech guru in our house. He said excuse improper grammer!

"You can flush passwords by going into Tools\Options in IE. Then go to the Content Tab and click Auto Complete. This is gonna flush all of your passwords."

jubilee
12-10-2004, 04:48 AM
WOW! Thanks! It was helped me out, and I wasn't even the one that asked the question :) My problem was that in my email program, it was trying to auto-fill in the subject line and came up with EVERY subject line I've ever replied to from this website!! So, now my life will be so much easier... and my hubby will stop wondering what I'm reading here based on the subject lines!