PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is at her first concert... UPDATE

Bethann31
12-09-2004, 06:54 PM
And I'm a nervous wreck. A friend of hers asked her to go to see Good Charlotte and Alicia Keyes in concert in Atlanta. The friend's dad is going and they are actually sitting in a luxury box owned by the dad's company. I know she will be just fine, but the idea that I just sent my 12 year old daughter off to see a BAND is unnerving.The fact that I didn't know who Good Charlotte was is probably part of that as well.

Then there is the fact that I will have a DRIVER (learner's permit) in 3 months is making me feel very very old and terribly scared to let any of my children out of my sight right now.

UPDATE: She has called me twice to tell me she is having a great time and that they might be a little later. She discovered that DH's best friend is there in the same box and DD and his daughter are friends, so the whole group is having a great time.

Beth

mom to:
Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94 and
Katherine 6/03

papal
12-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Hugs to you Beth.. how unnerving to see your kids grow up so fast. I am sure she will be fine and have a fantastic time. I have no idea who Good Charlotte is either. Thank goodness I have heard of Alicia Keyes or I would have felt really old.

egoldber
12-09-2004, 07:41 PM
ARGH! Things I don't want to think about yet!!!!!!

LALALALALALALAL I can't hear you LALALALALALALALA!!!!

new_mommy25
12-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Yikes, I cannot even imagine that!!

I went to my first concert when I was twelve ALONE with my two best friends. What were our parents thinking?!?! LOL!

pritchettzoo
12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Well, you can't get much cooler than a luxury box for your first concert! (Or a safer situation, which is good news to you.)

That being said, I can't imagine Gracie at a concert! Noooooooooooo!

Spend the evening flipping through photos of her, drinking wine, eating chocolate, and feeling sniffly. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

gour0
12-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Do you know the Dad? I'm sure Mollie will be fine, but I'd want to know the dad. And, yikes! about Josh and the learner's permit. I'd cry. (in fact, I cried in church on Sunday looking at a Mom and her teenage son) Maybe you can make them all stay home on Saturday and pretend to be little. :o)

bcafe
12-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Beth,
If it makes you feel any better (or worse), I just sent my oldest through driving school...and I am pg with # 4, due right before DD # 1's 16th bday!:) Next year, I will have 2 in high school, and 2 in diapers lol....same daddy(hubby) for all hehe.
Betsy

Bethann31
12-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Well, I can't claim same daddy, my oldest 3 have the same father, but Katherine is from my second marriage (the good one).

I have one in high school, one in middle school, one in elementary school and one in preschool. We called Katherine our Grand Finale, but she just doesn't seem final right now. We're figuring out our next step now. I want to adopt, but DH would really like to experience the pregnancy thing again, I think (of course, he isn't 41 and gestational diabetic every time) so we'll see.

It does make me feel better to know that people survive driving school.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

emmiem
12-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Good Charlotte is a great band. They are considered emo pop punk. They are all fairly young and appeal to mostly teens. They actually have done a lot of videos and public appeals against teen suicide and drug use. My 14 used to be very into them until she moved on to harder emo punk not pop. Whatever that might really be!! LOL.
Michele

starrynight
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
The things I don't want to read about!!!

Glad she is having a great time and was able to call you :).

redhookmom
12-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I have no idea what "emo pop punk" is and when I saw the title of your message I thought you dd was at the Wiggles with Dad.:-)

Dcclerk
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Glad to see the update. And actually, I think that is a perfect first concert experience. Luxury boxes are so controlled and there is not nearly the chances to get lost in a crowd or the like. With multiple dads there, it sounds like a fabulous situation. I can only hope that DS's first concert experience will be similar.... :)

tinkerbell1217
12-10-2004, 02:54 PM
WOW!!! First concert! I took my oldest DD to hers when she was 9, to see NSync at the county fair. Then, every year we went to see them again, of course at bigger places. She saw Backstreet Boys with her aunt and cousin when she was 10 and I took her to see BonJovi last year, she is almost 16 (Feb). DH took her to Good Charlotte last year also and it was general admission so it was standing room only, no chairs, I was a nervous wreck! She did fine and he protected her. She really loved it too. She has been to ALOT of concerts! Mostly with me and DH, but twice with an aunt or uncle. I cringe at the thought of sending her off BY HERSELF to a concert though. UGH!