PDA

View Full Version : Yay, Brownie Fairy!

tina-t
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM
I was so surprised to receive a package today. Ds has been fussy and has a cold. I almost did not go out to the post office today to pick up my mail, but I decided to just go bec. we were both getting cabin fever.

I was so excited to get the package. When we got home, I just tore open the package. Ds was so excited to receive the peek a blocks. I haven't bought any for him before, and he was so fascinated with the santa and the candle/mouse that goes around in circles. He already has Yummy Yummy which he enjoys very much. Thank you for sending the gift receipt so I can exchange it for another Wiggles dvd (any recommendations?) :)

Love the brownie mix!!! Just made it tonight and dh kept on bugging me. He was wondering if I could put the brownie in the freezer so it will cool down faster!!! He kept on reminding me that I can't eat too much of it bec. I have borderline diabetes :(. I did have a small slice and it is yummy! Any chance of giving me the proportions of the ingredients? I can probably substitute the sugar with Splenda.

And the lip shimmer is amazing. I love Burt's bees and the peppermint in the lip shimmer just makes it so great. I love the minty sensation/taste that it imparts on my lips.

You are so sneaky in sending me your picture from last year. Off to do some research.

I am attaching a picture of ds enjoying his peek a blocks.

We both thank you!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18403.jpg

jamsmu
12-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Christina,

Looks like your BF is spoiling you!! Your DS is so cute--love how he's focusing so much on the blocks. :)

tina-t
12-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Hmmm....does your name start with a k and end with an i?

tina-t
12-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Thanks Julie. He really loves the peek a blocks.

BrownieFairy
12-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Oh Christina!

I am so glad the package made it to you, it took quite a long time! The brownie fairy is so happy you received it!

The peek a blocks were too cute, and I was hoping your DS would like them. Too bad about yummy yummy, but I was afraid that may happen. Gift receipts rule! :) We have several Wiggles DVDs and they all seem to keep DS's attention. Sorry you have to take it back, but I am sure you can find another one!

As for the brownies, I'll get the recipe for you. I could barely fit that stuff in the jar, LOL! How did they turn out? I am so sorry, I didn't realize you were diabetic, I would have sent a sugar free version. Glad you were able to taste them, and I hope your DH enjoyed them all!!

Love the photo! :) Thanks for posting that, I love to see your little guy! Especially in the bug zipper. He is adorable!

We just got home from our Hanukkah trip (that could be a clue!), so that is why I just noticed your post. Have a good week, and hope you all are enjoying the new stuff. It was a blast doing this for you!

Love,

The Brownie Fairy!! :)

tina-t
12-17-2004, 04:22 PM
The brownies turned out to be so moist and yummy. I had a small (teeny weeny) slice each day for 3 days. I never gave the info about my borderline diabetes to Rebecca bec. I wanted to get brownies. Am I bad or what! I would love to get the recipe. BTW, the brownies are long gone, and dh was asking if I was getting any more brownies, lol!

Hmmm...so you celebrate hanukkah, the postage was stamped MA, and you recognized the Hanna zipper. Still having trouble matching up the pic with the current avatars here. But, venturing a guess, does your name start with a j and end with an n?

lmladuke
12-17-2004, 04:27 PM
I am sitting at my desk not wanting to be at work, waiting for the day to be over and I am thinking I WANT BROWNIES. I believe I am signed up to be on the brownie fairy list - how can I check?

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

rrosen
12-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Lori,
You are on the list!

:-)

lmladuke
12-17-2004, 04:48 PM
YAY! What Fun!
Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

BrownieFairy
12-17-2004, 08:42 PM
heehee, sounds like you may be onto something! ;) That is too funny that you wanted to get brownies! Hey, are the ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 1/2 cups flour
Do you still have the recipe card thing? If not, I will type that part out for you!

-The Brownie Fairy

tina-t
12-18-2004, 05:19 PM
It's so chaotic in the house that I have misplaced the recipe card. Can I get that from you too? Thanks.

Sooo, was I right? Does your name start with a j and end with an n? :)