PDA

View Full Version : xmas stockings

jamsmu
12-10-2004, 07:57 AM
I really like the PB ones (see below), but hate spending $$. Any suggestions on similar stockings that cost less? I also like the idea of them matching when I have more kids, so I want to make sure that if I spend the money, I order from somewhere that will still be around, and, hopefully, will still offer them for sale.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/18407.jpg

cuca_
12-10-2004, 08:14 AM
If you happen to have a Williams Sonoma outlet anywhere near you, check there. They had these (or at least very similar Pottery Barn ones)in the outlet the last time I was there. I didn't look at the price, but I am sure it is lower than the regular retail.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

sugarsnappea
12-10-2004, 08:16 AM
There were a ton of these on Ebay last week. Some were already embroidered with names.

jamsmu
12-10-2004, 08:38 AM
The nearest is in Leesburg, VA. Too far to travel for saving on stockings, but thanks.

jamsmu
12-10-2004, 08:39 AM
ooooh! now that I'll check out!

LucyG
12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
I ended up biting the bullet and buying one from PBK. I really do love it. If you live near a PBK store, they are only $19 there. But, they are not embroidered, so you'd have to pay for that separately. FYI, the PBK catalog is sold out of the stockings. I called a store and had them ship one to me. Not cheap, but it's a nice stocking.

Edited to say: Oops! I wanted the quilted stockings from PBK, not the ones you posted. So, they may not be sold out of the other ones. Sorry!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

g-mama
12-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Be careful with these PB stockings if you're planning to order more in the future when you have more kids. I did the same thing when it was me, dh and ds #1. Then, last year, I ordered one for ds #2, and it looks very different from the other three. The shades of red and green are more than slightly different, and the embroidery font is different, too. I was so disappointed! I called PB and they said that they use different vendors all the time and they all do it slightly differently, so it's something they can't control. So, I guess I've learned to live with it but it bothers me every time I look at the four stockings by our fireplace. :(

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

brubeck
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
If you don't want to pay for embroidery, I got a bunch of iron on letters at Target for $3. They come in gold and silver and look pretty good on the stockings. If you are more domestic than I am (not a hard thing to do) then I guess you could sew them on yourself.