PDA

View Full Version : TTC with flu-like symptoms--what meds can I take?

jamsmu
12-10-2004, 10:36 AM
thanks!

tina-t
12-10-2004, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure Tylenol is safe, but stay away from motrin/ibuprofen type medications. Drink lots of fluids specially chicken soup. I am not sure if pseudoehedrine is safe but that medication makes my heart race so I never like it. This is found in a lot of cold medications.

There was supposed to be a study that looked at chicken soup and colds and apparently, there is something in the chicken soup that helps fight colds. My pediatrician friend told me about this and he swears by it. He said, that Vit. C does not work well anyway, according to studies.

Get plenty of rest and fluids. Hope you feel better soon.

cuca_
12-10-2004, 12:50 PM
I would not take any antihistamines(sp?), as they dry you up and affect your cervical fluid. If you have any issue with coughing, you can take robitussin (guaifen), but only the plain one. In fact, I've seen this recommended frequently for people who are TTC, as it helps to increase cervical fluid. You can also take tylenol if you have a fever, etc... Hope you feel better soon.

HTH

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

calebsmama03
12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
If you're wanting some natural/homeopathic remedies zinc lozenges are safe for pg, as is oscillococcinum - both are supposed to help you recover from cold/flu sooner and not just mask symptoms.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05