PDA

View Full Version : 6 more weeks is an eternity. 2nd pregnancy is so hard...

lizajane
12-10-2004, 06:08 PM
i just feel so awful. everything's normal. normal awful. but awful. i have so much i want to do and i just can't do it. ugh ugh. i guess i am just whining. but wanted to commiserate with my other 2nd time third trimester buddies. because this stinks! i miss my energy and playing with my kid and sharing special time with my husband and eating normally and exercise and sleeping and not feeling hot and dizzy and nauseated...

and i have that feeling that i will NEVER be thin again... i remember it from last time- like my stomach is going to stick out like this forever and i can't even imagine fitting into normal clothes. i know it isn't true, but i can't help but feel like it is!

please gripe with me.

beckyr88
12-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Oh my god I could have written this exact post! I just can't seem to cope lately. I would say there have been 5 of the past 7 days that I never even put real clothes on--jammies, shower at like 4pm and jammies again. Ugh. Poor poor Stella. Today she was crying because she wanted to go outside. Well, we did and I am just *done*. Pasta for dinner and we're watching TV together now.

So you're not alone!!!

mmaimp
12-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm at the point that my pregnant belly seems normal and I don't remember wearing regular clothes. So I know how you feel.

I'm just pushing through the days trying to get stuff done. I really pay for it at night when I can't even get dressed for bed without help from DH. We still need to decorate for the holidays, get the nursery cleaned and set-up, and finish Christmas shopping. I'm so nervous about this baby arriving before Christmas but I'm not resting enough to make sure it does not happen.

Everything is fine with my pregnancy too. I just don't want my water to break like it did with DS after a hard day at work.

We are almost there! When I complain my husband just reminds me that next month may be even harder and enjoy these last few weeks before the new baby arrives.

mudder17
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
I can't gripe with you, but I can commiserate with you! I'm so sorry you're having the homestretch blahs! I remember being so impatient and being so frustrated at having to drag my body out of bed (ungracefully) several times a night to pee, and then just not having any energy, etc.

Please whine some more. If you can't whine to your friends, who can you whine to? :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

JLiebCamm
12-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I empathize! My back hurts, my butt hurts (sciatica?), my ankles are swollen, and I keep waking up at night with a burning sensation in my thigh. I'm still working full time and intend to continue up until I deliver, so I'm pretty tired at the end of the day. But I'm not ready for baby to make its grand entrance; I haven't even turned the computer room into the new nursery yet! It's funny how different the second pregnancy is.

momma_boo
12-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Gripe away, Liza. We've all been there - at least for the first time.

I'm sure I'll be here with similar complaints in a few months as well. I can't imagine how tough it must be for you. Hang in there!!!

toomanystrollers
12-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Hang tough mama!!! Second pregnancies are brutal, but I got to tell you - third's are a piece of cake - REALLY!!! hee hee

houseof3boys
12-11-2004, 09:36 AM
I'll gripe with you!!! It is hard but it will be so worth it when it is all said and done. :)

And you will so be thin again. Keep thinking of those size sexy 6 jeans that you love and you'll be there in no time Liza.

I am tired all of the time. Heartburn is at least at bay with my new prescription meds. I am eating like a maniac and I don't care since I have to for the little girly inside!

You are a lucky lucky girl that your "plan" with the timing of the kiddos spacing worked out so well so focus on that.

barbarhow
12-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Ooohhhhhhhhhh. I am so knowing how you feel and I am still only 19 weeks along. I can only imagine what the next have will be like. I have a list of 10 things I need done and 3 of them get done before I am just totally wiped. Bedtime is 8:30p, DH and I are in separate bedrooms-he is snoring up a storm lately and I am tossing and turning. Just seems easier.
Never fret, though-you did get thin again -quickly is I recall, after Schuyler. What are normal clothes anyway? I am already sick and tired of my maternity sacks. I sat next to a woman the other night at storytime at the library. When I first saw her I was thinking she must be due around the same time as me-maybe a little before-we looked about the same size. Then she told me she was headed in the next am for a section. So, I know I am huge! I was last time, too. Ugh.

By the way-How is Schuyler doing in his new bed? Jack loves his but thinks it is for jumping or for delaying going into his crib. Can't imagine when he'll be ready to actually sleep in it.

StaceyKim
12-11-2004, 11:24 PM
I know how you feel! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! My DD is now 4 months and I am starting to feel like myself again...she's sleeping through the night, I can fit into my skinny jeans (they are tight but they zip up!), I have energy for my DS, etc.
You will be thin again and things will be back to "normal".
Hang in there!!!

mommy_someday
12-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Liza,

I SO hear you on this! Granted, this is only my first time through, but I'm starting to get miserable. My feet hurt, my back aches, I feel like a beached whale anytime I'm in my bed and I have to use the bathroom just about every ten minutes. I would give just about anything to lie on my stomach again, or my back for that matter. I can't breathe, my esophagus is on fire from heartburn, and I just KNOW that the hot shower/bath I CAN'T have would make me feel so much better. To make matters worse, I'm stuck on bedrest until the end of my pregnancy because I went into preterm labor last week. So now I get to sit here, contemplating the unfinished Christmas shopping (and wrapping), the dirty dishes all over the kitchen counter, the mountains of laundry in my bedroom floor and the person-sized tumbleweeds of dog/cat hair on my floor. I'm thoroughly disgusted and unable to do anything about it. I should be happy because it means that DH will have to take care of the cleaning...but that just means it either won't get done, or at least not to my satisfaction. I NEED TO NEST, DARN IT!

If you have more to complain about, keep it coming - I'll nod right along with you!

calebsmama03
12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh Liza, I’m with ya honey! I’m only 17 weeks and I already feel worse than I did last time. I feel huge, even though I know really I’m not, but am definitely bigger at this point than I was at 17 weeks with C! I’m at that point where my regular clothes don’t fit right – I only have one pair of regular jeans that still fit :( - but maternity clothes are huge. Plus this time my boobs are HUGE so even my shirts don’t fit right! At least last time my boobs were barely bigger so I could wear my regular shirts without them riding up or pulling funny. I’m tired all the time and poor Caleb is stuck in the house all day! Hopefully something good will happen soon to snap me out of this funk I’m in! THe thing is, last time I LOVED being pg, even with the bedrest, etc. All the little nuisances and physical issues seemed endearing to me, maybe because I could just look forward to having a baby. This time I’m terrified how I’ll deal with a 2 year old and a newborn!

Good luck getting through! Just a few weeks left :)

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

starrynight
12-13-2004, 06:50 PM
{{hugs}}} Hang in there Liza!