PDA

View Full Version : A big "Thank You" from Marisa & Family!

Marisa6826
12-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi, this is Jonathan, Marisa's husband.

First an update...
I spoke to Marisa this morning. The doctors said she could be home as early as tomorrow, if her blood-oxygen saturation can stay high when they take away the oxygen. And although she's coughing a bit, it's a dry cough so she's not contagious. Needless to say, we're all thrilled here. We'll see how it goes.

But really, I'm writing to give a huge, heart-felt "Thank You" -- from Marisa, the girls, and me.We really, really appreciate your generosity with the doula fund. It's definitely helping relieve one area of anxiety that we really don't need right now.

Beyond that, though...I want to tell you guys how moved I am by all the love and support we've gotten from you. Marisa talks about this board all the time, and I knew she had friends here. But the messages -- and the sheer volume of the messages -- have truly amazed me. (Thanks to Alexis, who brought some printouts with her when she visited Marisa!)

Reading over your posts, it's clear that you see in Marisa the same things I do -- the strange mix of fierceness and tenderness, the intelligence, the humor...Sometimes bad times bring unexpected rewards, and one of the rewards of this tough time has been to see that Marisa has such a strong, positive and understanding support system.

Anyway, that's it. I know this is Marisa's place, so this'll be a one-time post, Just wanted to thank you again for all of your help!

-- Jonathan

papal
12-12-2004, 02:14 PM
I just wanted to say, I am so glad to see Sophie's little avatar again.

You really don't realize how much you miss someone until they are gone for a few days.
We love you M. Keep getting better and rest up girlie. Can't wait to see you back on the boards sometime soon.

barbarhow
12-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Okay-so I'm crying all over again. Thank you Jonathan for taking the time to post with all that you are going through. Your wife is a really special person who has given so much to so many of us here. It is only what she deserves in return. We have tons of love to go around. So glad that she is better and heading home soon. I am sure that Sophie, Amelie and you cannot wait to have her home. Make sure she continues to heal and not do too much too soon. We will be watching over her, too.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

aliceinwonderland
12-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I, too am so glad to see Sophie-Soph's avatar again. It's been missed.

Kimberly H
12-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Cheers to Jonathan from updating us on Marisa's condition!

We miss you, Marisa, and can't wait to see a NEW avatar of Sophie and Amelia together.

amp
12-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Wow, what a sweet and articulate post. Tell your wife we love her, miss her and we can't wait to "see" her here again soon!

marinkitty
12-12-2004, 04:10 PM
This has reduced me to tears. Such a lovely, loving post. I'm so glad to hear that Marissa is doing better. Can't wait to hear that she is at home with her girls and Jonathan!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

Rachels
12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh, goodness, your post gave me chills. PLEASE know I'm thinking of all of you. If I can continue to help be a support once she's home, it would be my pleasure.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

MartiesMom2B
12-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks for posting Jonathan, and for taking such good care of all of your goals. Your family will remain in my prayers.

-Sonia

MelissaTC
12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
I am so glad that she is doing better. I have missed her so much, especially our on-line afternoon chats. She is lucky to have such a wonderful DH! Please tell her that we miss her and love her!

McQ
12-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for checking in and letting us know how our gal is doing. So glad to hear she's doing better and will be home with you all soon.

This board is full of some pretty incredible women - Marisa included - and I feel so lucky to be part of this great community. Just wish that there was more we could do for you all.

Hope to see you around here soon Marisa. We've missed ya!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

egoldber
12-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Happy to hear that "our girl" is doing well. Marisa and her whole family have been very much in my heart this last week.

Blessings to you all!

jamsmu
12-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Darn it...I'm crying again! What a wonderful husband Marisa has.

Can't wait to see that avatar more often. So glad to hear more good news!

tippy
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Sob! What a touching and eloquent post. Glad to here Marisa is getting better and will be home soon with your adorable baby girl and Miss Sophie. I will be sending anti-Hydra thoughts your way!

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

tippy
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Sob! What a touching and eloquent post. Glad to here Marisa is getting better and will be home soon with your adorable baby girl and Miss Sophie. I will be sending anti-Hydra thoughts your way!

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

mamahill
12-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh man. Now I have a crush on Marisa AND Jonathan...

mamahill
12-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh man. Now I have a crush on Marisa AND Jonathan...

Melanie
12-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Jonathan, thank you so much for the update. I hope Marisa continues to get stronger and gets home to her family quickly!

--Melanie

Melanie
12-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Jonathan, thank you so much for the update. I hope Marisa continues to get stronger and gets home to her family quickly!

--Melanie

jubilee
12-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Jonathan, Marisa, and girls-
You are in my thoughts and I hope you have a wonderful reunion soon!

natividad
12-13-2004, 04:07 AM
Oh wow, I have not been here in the Lounge in months and am just catching up with all this. I am glad Marisa is doing better. I will continue to have her in my thoughts and prayers.

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander
and baby #2 due in May 05

cinrein
12-13-2004, 06:24 AM
THank you for updating us. I'm so happy to hear Marisa is doing well and coming home to her family. We think the world of her and love helping her any way we can.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

ismommy
12-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanks for updating us. Marisa is so special we are all glad to be able to help. Hugs to all 3 of your girls
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

zuzu
12-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks for taking the time to update us, Johnathan. So glad to hear Marisa is feeling better and that she may be home today! I know you're taking good care of your three girls, and I hope you're home all together soon.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

heidis2girls
12-13-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Marisa is doing better and may come home today! That's wonderful news. I can't even imagine how happy she will be to come home, and how happy you will all be to have her home.

Jonathan, that was a beautiful post you wrote. You obviously love Marisa very much and must be so relieved that she is doing better and coming home soon. You two are very lucky to have each other!

kathsmom
12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Jonathan,

I haven't had a chance to respond to the other threads about Marisa, but I have tried to keep up with her progress through the boards. I have been praying for Marisa, you, Sophie, and Amelia. I am so glad to hear that she is doing better and that you will all be home together soon!

Please take care! Marisa, I am sending get well wishes your way!

sweetbasil
12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
awww....I'm all teary-eyed. It's so cool when DHs pop in during circumstances like this one. You all are in our prayers.

Hugs,

RwnMayfair
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that Marisa will be going home, well, I guess that would be today! And I'm glad to hear that she continues to get better. :)

Hope we hear from you soon, Marisa!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

deborah_r
12-13-2004, 12:03 PM
I don't know how I missed this post yesterday...but I did :(

Thank you for updating us Jonathon, and we cannot wait to have Marisa back home with you and the girls, and back here with US too!!!

candybomiller
12-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting Jonathan. I'm very happy to see that you appreciate Marisa as much as we do. What a wonderful husband you are.

Marisa, I hope to see you soon! I haven't called because I don't want to bug you, but call me when you can! Lots of love.

calebsmama03
12-13-2004, 02:14 PM
I’m so glad she is doing better and will be home soon! We were all so worried about her!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05