PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to sign up for a full session of Gymboree or can you pay as you go?

steph2003
12-13-2004, 11:40 AM
There is a Saturday class that would work for us since I am a WOHM. But inevitably I KNOW stuff will come up on Saturdays as it always does & we won't be able to make it each week. I would like something to do with my son during the cold winter months. I know you can make classes up during another session but of course those are during the week.

So can I just pay for each class individually or do I need to buy an entire session up front?

yes, I know I'll call my local Gymbo & ask but since each is a franchise I'm just wondering if it varies at each location.

kensjen
12-13-2004, 11:54 AM
You do need to buy a full session...our gymbo has a mini session that is 4 weeks. Also, they are very laid back with the makeup classes. (at least my gymbo is) They let me make up classes whenever I could, and if you let them know you are only available on Sat. I am sure they would be OK with that. Also, you can preview any class for free, which is nice when you are unsure about which class to choose. I have been very very happy with our gymbo experience. We just got several gift cerificates for DS for Hanukkah, so we will be going all winter!

amp
12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
At our local Gymboree, they don't let you "pay as you go", but you can talk them into letting you sign up for a partial session and then pay the rest if you want to continue. I did that recently when I had a gift certificate for about 1/2 the cost of a session.

Also, if you sign up and can't keep going, they will refund your money, or at least that's what they told me. Can't confirm that personally.

And, they have a VERY liberal makeup policy. You can make up any class in the same level of class on any day at any time (at any location I think). YOu just have to sign in on the make up sheet at the front of the entry and that's it. So easy! We are in a Tues am class and I've made up about 3 classes on Saturday so John can go with us. It's great! And, we missed a class a couple of weeks ago, so I'm trying to find a way to fit in that class before the session ends this time!

Also, I was told that if I needed to change the class time to another one, that wasn't a problem either.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-13-2004, 02:12 PM
We are in the same situation. I usually end up missing at least one class per session and never get to make it up. One time I did take a day off work and there happened to be a class that day so I took her.

One good thing is that there is now a free play session right after our class so we sometimes get to stay for that. I hated that we couldn't take advantage of free play before.

Sometimes if you don't get to make up a class, they let you carry it over to the next session, but still you have the problem of the makeup being on a weekday.

The answer to your question is that you have to pay for the entire session.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif