PDA

View Full Version : Too late to be a holiday card, but we have a photo!

KrisM
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
We decided not to do a holiday card, since we couldn't get a nice photo of DS without junk in the background. But, then we discovered Photoshop Elements came with our scanner. We installed it and it's so much fun! So, we put together a 4x6 photo that we are putting into our Christmas cards. We decided to make it from DS, since it seemed like a card in a card. What do you think? Does anything need to change?

ETA: I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the inspiration and instructions. I am sure I would be at a loss without this group.
Thanks!

steph2003
12-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Great job!!! those are such cute pictures -

I'm really wishing I had asked for Photoshop this year for Christmas :) wonder if DH will let me re-edit my list?!

trentsmom
12-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Cute, cute, cute!

I've got to get going on creating our Christmas cards!

brigmaman
12-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Adorable! What a cutie!
BBB members should get kickbacks (wrong word- but you know what I mean?) from Photoshop!

octmom
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
How cute! Great subject and very nice card! :)

And please tell me what that is around your tree to keep your son from yanking it down.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

amp
12-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Very cute pics and great job on the card!

KrisM
12-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Thank you.

We have the most mellow 7.5 old there is, I think. Unless he's looking at the tree and is within lunging distance, he pays no attention to it at all. Aparantly, to him, having a tree in the living room is perfectly normal.

I do have a fence around the tree. It holds the packages in :). My grandfather made one for them when my dad was young. Then, my dad and his brothers got one. A few years ago, the grandkids (me) got one. It's nice to prop up presents instead of just piling them on top of each other.