PDA

View Full Version : Hold onto your seats, for I am HOME!!!!!! :)

Marisa6826
12-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Yes, the rumours have been true. I am home (and God willing, staying that way for a looooooong time)!!!

I was sprung earlier this afternoon and am trying to sort my way through a plethora of mail and normal household subterfuge. I've not gotten around to reading anything just yet, but wanted to let everybody know just how floored I am (once again) at how much you all have rallied around me and my family during one of our most difficult times.

Sophie was waiting for me in the car downstairs at the hospital as Jonathan wheeled me out. I just about lost it right there with tears of joy. She just laughed and giggled saying "Mommy!!!!!".

My beautiful, beautiful Amelia slept for quite a while after I came home, but I was able to squeeze in some awake time and gave her a little sponge bath. For whatever strange reason, the doula felt it not necessary to wash Amelia's hair. EVER. I couldn't stand that stinky baby head smell, so that was my first task at home. Amelia loooooved having her hair washed, but was quite unhappy at being undressed. She topped this with four - yes *FOUR* - poopy dipes. Each one filled before the tabs were even opened. Gadzooks!

I received my KKAFP, but really hate the colour, so have already placed an exchange. Hopefully it will arrive soon. Thankfully, I have Alexis' on loan, so I might try that a little later, although I don't know how that will do with a c/s. I'm still pretty sore and am downing two percocets every three hours (and plan on doing so for a while ;) ). I am able to slowly go up and down the stairs if I have to, but for now am trying to stay on one level.

Jonathan was able to get me the additional larger horns for the PIS and according to the IBCLC that will be fine for now. If I find that it's not, I'll just end up having to rent a stronger one. I've use the PIS twice today and it seems like it might do the job for now, although it's definitely not as strong as the hospital grade ones.

By and large I am absolutely exhausted, but thrilled to be home. Hydra (a/k/a my Mother) is here and is pretty out of control. I honestly don't know how long I will be able to tolerate her, but by the same token, Jonathan is still pretty overwhelmed and needs help. The relationship with Jonathan's Father is pretty strained at this moment, so we're kind of getting it from both ends.

Thank you all again for all the prayers and good thoughts. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that those prayers are what pulled me through. For a while, it was seemingly touch and go and I was truly scared.

But that is behind me now. It's going to take me a while to get back up to speed, so bear with me.

I'm so glad to be home!

Love to all

-m

ETA - I've finally made it through a lot of the previous posts about all my updates. Anna, Rashmi. Alexis, Bec - thanks so much for keeping everybody updated. I will try and post a more coherent story about everything that happened tomorrow. I'm too tired now and just keep dozing off with my hand on the mouse for now. The doula has to head back to her home tomorrow morning and won't be back till Wednesday morning, so I don't know how much time I will have to be online, take care of myself, the girls and deal with Hydra all simulateously. Sounds like the most ideal plan of attack is to zone out on pain killers, but then that wouldn't be fair to Jonathan. If anybody's interested, we're in the market for a case or so of wooden stakes. :P

love

-m

egoldber
12-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Marisa!!!!! How wonderful to "see" you again!

Welcome back (and don't SCARE us like that again)!!!!!!!

sunny2003
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
What great news - welcome home! Your family and dd's must be so glad to have you back as are we! In time everything will get back to normal and you can send those pesky parents on there way - but in the meantime, take care of yourself and know that you are very loved!

All the best,
Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

kthomp
12-13-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm so glad you are home Marisa! We've all been thinking of you and praying for you.

Now rest up and get better so you can send the crazy woman packing! Enjoy your time with your two beautiful girls.

BTW, when you have time you must change your sig! Amelia is here!

Hugs,

Vajrastorm
12-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Welcome home, Marisa!

Stay healthy and sane (if you can, with the hydra around).

I'm so glad you are on the mend. Scary situation!

NancyJ_redo
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Wonderful, fabulous news - glad to see you back!! Now no more health hijinks out of you :)

I'm running out of work to get home to my sick baby, but wanted to let you know how happy I am to see you back and that I look forward to hearing more about Miss Amelia!

aliceinwonderland
12-13-2004, 09:56 PM
YAY! you're home...everything else (hydra, etc) is details and will get worked out (without TOO much stress on you, I hope!!)

mamahill
12-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Welcome home! And take your TIME getting back into the swing of things. You've been through the ringer, and gave everyone quite a scare. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and peace in your home. Hugs and kisses to your family.

jk3
12-13-2004, 09:58 PM
I'm so glad I'm online for your return. As you know, we were so worried about you. I'm sure it is heavenly to be home! I hope you have a speedy recovery so you can give your mother the boot + you can have time to enjoy your family in relative peace.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

laretce6
12-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Marisa,

I'm so glad to hear you're home and doing well. You've been in our prayers, and now we'll switch the focus to praying your mom behaves ;)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

momathome
12-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Marisa!!! Girlie, I am SO glad to hear that you are home! I was so worried about you! I am dying to call you to chat but I know things must be crazy for you right now. Please feel free to call me if you have some time to catch up - otherwise, I will try to call you before the week is out. Your girls must be so thrilled to have you back! Take care and be sure to kick your mother to the curb the second you find the strength to do so. }(

Sarah1
12-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Marisa, I'm SO glad you're home. I was really worried about you, but you sound like you're doing great and that Sophie and Amelia are doing beautifully too!

And we missed you here. The lounge is not the same without you! :)

pritchettzoo
12-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Yay! LMK if I can b$%@&-slap Hydra over the phone. Give Sophie and Amelia kisses from Gracie.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

missym
12-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Welcome home, Marisa! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure Sophie and Amelia are the best medicine anyone could prescribe!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

deborah_r
12-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Marisa,

I am so happy that you are home!!! I hope everything gets back to normal soon, and I will hope against hope that Hydra will behave. I must confess though, I can't wait to hear your stories about her when she leaves, because while the things she does are not funny, your telling of the stories is always a great read!!! :)

jec2
12-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Yay! Oh, you were surely missed. I am so happy to hear you are home and safe and will be well soon :) Now, go bond with that new baby of yours :)

jamsmu
12-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Well thank goodness! We were just going crazy missing you!! Welcome back, girlie! So glad you are recovering so well. Take it easy and enjoy your sweethearts. Much love,

August Mom
12-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Welcome home, Marisa! I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I wish you a speedy and full recovery so that you can fully enjoy your time with your girls.

kfcboston
12-13-2004, 10:16 PM
Welcome home and "home" to us, Marisa! What a scary ordeal. You are one tough cookie! :) Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

lukkykatt
12-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Yeah! Welcome home. Rest as much as possible, and enjoy your family. I'm so happy for you!

kijip
12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
I am SO glad to see that you are home with your babies. Now the question...how was it having your mom with your family after all?

calebsmama03
12-13-2004, 10:40 PM
YAY! I'm so glad to see you home with your sweet girls and feeling a bit better! Here's hoping that your recovery is a quick and easy one, that BFing goes well, and that you enjoy every moment with your sweet babies!
Big hugs, and welcome back! :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Rachels
12-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Welcome home!!! I'm SO relieved that you're doing better. Please call absolutely anytime if you need some backup. Whew.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

kitmama
12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Yay! Welcome home. Take care of yourself, and enjoy your wonderful babies and husband! I'm sure it's great to be back. :)

mommd
12-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Yay! So glad to hear you are home! Enjoy your babies and try not to worry too much about your mother or anything else. Get better! :)

almostamom
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh, what a happy day for you and your family. Welcome home and welcome back! Sending you wishes for a quick recovery. Enjoy hugging those girls! :o)

~Linda~

C99
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Fantastic!

hez
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
It's so nice to 'hear' your voice. I'm glad you're home, glad you're feeling better, glad you're getting quality time with your girls and family. Enjoy the percocet! I wish you an uneventful next few DECADES in the health department (and an overnight transition to a 'normal' person for your mother!).

Still thinking about you as you heal. I both pumped for and BF Payton directly early on before we got all the kinks worked out-- highly recommend that hospital grade pump if you can get it!

Missed you!

jbowman
12-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Welcome home! What wonderful news!

parkersmama
12-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi, sweetie! Soooo glad that you are home and doing well! You sure did scare us! I'm saying a big prayer of thanks right now. :)

JLiebCamm
12-13-2004, 11:02 PM
So glad to see you back. I have to find out what color your KKAFP was, because I'm in the process of chosing a color myself and want to know which one you didn't like. Take care of yourself!

Dcclerk
12-13-2004, 11:04 PM
I am sooooo glad to hear that-- each part. (Well, except for the Hydra situation, but of course we can't be surprised by that. And we needed some new Hydra stories anyway;) ) You were so missed. Don't scare us like that any more, young lady! Gentle hugs to you and all yours :)

DDowning
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
I too am glad you are home. I have to admit, though, the tabloid side of me is anxious to hear all about your MIL stories :). For now, enjoy your new found time with Sophie, Amelia and Jonathan!!!!

Mommie2MadLyn
12-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Welcome Home Marisa! I'm sure it feels so good to be in your own home with your beautiful girls and husband. Don't get too worked up over Hydra...she'll be gone eventually! (I know...easier said than done!) ;) Anyway, glad to see you're back, and congratulations again!

TraciG
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
glad your home & feeling better !

TaChapm
12-13-2004, 11:49 PM
YEAH!!! I am so happy you are home with your family. I can't even imagine what this has been like for you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers throughout the week.
Be sure to take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon. We can't have you getting sick again. You were greatly missed around here!
It is so good to have you back! :)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png

mamaturk
12-14-2004, 12:18 AM
So glad to hear that you are home with your family!!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!

nohomama
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Marisa, I'm so glad your back!!! May the universe bestoe health and sanity upon your household from this day forth. You've been through enough sh*t recently to last a lifetime.

Be well,

Melanie
12-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Marisa I am so glad that you are home and doing better.

Buffys Mommy
12-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Marisa,

I'm so glad to hear that your are home. I'm sure Sophie and Amelia are thrilled to have their Mommy back.

Please take it easy the next few days. I know you are worried about Jonathan, but it won't do yourself any good to over do things.

And if Hydra doesn't back off, I'd be happy to send my little Buffy with her chest of wooden stakes your way. ;)

Tammie
Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

darby24
12-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Welcome home!

I wish you wonderful times ahead with your girls!

tippy
12-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Welcome home Marisa! It must be such a relief! Try and get as much rest as possible. We are all sending anti-Hydra thoughts your way.
Hugs~
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

zen_bliss
12-14-2004, 02:38 AM
we're so glad you are well, that the pumping is working, and glad to have you back. like many others, i am sorry for your suffering through your mum's antics, but i do gleefully await the latest installation of the hydra-logues. tune out the hydra and give her lots and lots of chores!

new_mommy25
12-14-2004, 04:53 AM
Marisa, that is such wonderful news. I am so happy that you can be home with your beautiful girls.

zuzu
12-14-2004, 05:41 AM
Wonderful news! So glad to hear you're back where you should be. Rest as much as you can, and enjoy your girls.

(And I'll see if we have any wooden stakes left over from a recent MIL visit. It may not be a full case, but certainly enough to get you started. ;))

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

ismommy
12-14-2004, 06:23 AM
Marisa,

So glad to see you back! I was in tears hearing Sophies reaction. Keep taking it easy and know how loved you are.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

sugarsnappea
12-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Whoo hoo! So glad that you are home with your family!! Now, try and get some rest. :)

toomanystrollers
12-14-2004, 07:07 AM
Yipee!!! So glad to hear you're home - FOR GOOD!!!!!

So, do you need some silver bullets to go w/those wooden stakes? }(

heidis2girls
12-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Marisa! Welcome home! I'm so glad you are finally home with your Jonathan and your girls. It brought tears to my eyes reading about your reunion with Sophie. I can only imagine how happy you both were to see each other. You all went through a horribly overwhelming experience and I hope you can all find the time to relax and get well and finally reside in your home as a new family of four!

Take care of yourself. Big hugs to you!

cinrein
12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
(((((MARISA)))))

I'm so happy you are home. You scared the daylights out of me girlie!!!

Rest up and don't worry about anything except you and your family. It takes some time to recover from pneumonia even with having just given birth and caring for a newborn, so just tell yourself right now that it's going to be slow going. Take it easy and don't expect too much. I hope you can send Hydra packing sooner than later.

Hugs and welcome back!!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

rrosen
12-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome Home!

I think stakes might be hard for me to mail but, I could bake some brownies with something extra special for Hydra if you like. ;-)

Take your time getting settled in and don't sweat the small stuff. Those girls are ALL that is important right now.

Hugs to all!

cuca_
12-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Glad to see you back, and to hear that you are feeling better!! I hope you make a full recovery soon. Take care of yourself.

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

McQ
12-14-2004, 08:15 AM
Welcome back! We'd missed you around here. But take it easy - don't want you wiping yourself out. Enjoy this time with your girls - you choked me up with Sophie's reaction - and Jonathan. Sounds like you've got a great guy there.

Don't scare us like that again!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

brigmaman
12-14-2004, 08:34 AM
So glad!! Welcome back! And congrats on your beautiful Amelia!

sweetbasil
12-14-2004, 08:53 AM
We're so glad you're back and doing better, hon. Wishing you lots of rest, cuddle time with your sweet little girls, and a peaceful week!

Love,

papal
12-14-2004, 08:57 AM
{{{{{ MARISA }}}}}}}

I am so glad to see you back girlie! I can't even imagine how thrilled you must be to be back home, with Jonathan and the girls. Take it easy.. stinky heads are okay.. you need to rest up! I am worried you are taking too much on.. leave the junk mail and the unanswered email alone... there will be time to attend to that later. Just rest up okay?

Big hugs to you M, love ya girlie!

MelissaTC
12-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Yeeaaaa!!! I am so glad you are home! Don't ever do that again! Hope you know who behaves herself! Remember I am only a phone call away. :)

smomom
12-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh Marisa, I am so happy you are finally home. You've been through so much. It's nice to have you back!

steph2003
12-14-2004, 09:08 AM
In case you didn't notice you were missed :) glad you're back home with your 2 little girlies!!

momma_boo
12-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Yay! It's so awesome to "hear" from you, Marisa.

Rest up and take it easy. You've been through quite a lot and you need to get all your strength back so that you can deal w/ Hydra.

It sounds like your girls are doing great!

Jeanne
12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey Marissa! Welcome back! What a rough ride you had. Try to get some rest and take it easy.

amp
12-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Welcome back Mama! I'm glad to see that you are your own humorous self again. It's good to see you back!

mudder17
12-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!

I'm so glad you're finally back home with your babies and Jonathan. Hurray for Jonathan for doing such an awesome job taking care of you all and dealing with Hydra. I'm glad the pumping seems to be going well and that Sophie and Amelia have their mommy back. :) I remember Kaya hating to be undressed and sponged bathed in the early days (too cold!). Once we immersed her in the warm water, she enjoyed that much more!

I know things are overwhelming in the beginning which of course is not helped by trying to recover from a c/s. I know it's not easy, but try to ignore your mom and focus on your beautiful family!

Anyway, I'm so glad you're back!

lots of love!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

Judegirl
12-14-2004, 09:50 AM
We're so glad you're home...welcome! Now rest well, and enjoy Amelia's early days. :)

Best,
Jude

Puddy73
12-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Yaaaay! I'm so glad that you are home with your family and feeling better. Take it easy, girlie!

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

trumansmom
12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Woo hoo! Welcome back!

And, oddly enough, we have a box of wooden stakes in the garage. I would be happy to send them along with a giant box of garlic and whatever else works!!

Take care of yourself and spend lots of time hugging your precious family!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

jesseandgrace
12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
YAAAHHH!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!

mharling
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Yippee!!! You must be thrilled to be reunited with the girls (and I only mean the 2 little ones :P)!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Andrea S
12-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Welcome Home!! Take your time getting back into the swing of things. I hope you have a speedy recovery. ((((HUGS)))) to all of you.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

tarahsolazy
12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Keep taking those Perocets, and I prescribe much Amelia and Sophie cuddling. I'll get right to work on those stakes, we have some nice downed oak in the woods behind the house!

pixelprincess
12-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Welcome home Marisa. Good to hear that you are out of the ICU zone. What a scare! Your dh is the sweetest to come out and give an update.

take care and get lots of rest!

sntm
12-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Marisa -- I'm so happy that you are home! Hope you are feeling better soon and the percs are good to you. Will send you my number. Call if you need pumping advice and can't get your IBCLC.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 18 months and counting

ShayleighCarsensMom
12-14-2004, 11:31 AM
Welcome home...I hope things settle down soon!
I've been thinking of you and your family!

candybomiller
12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Marisa,

Welcome home!!

Sending a nasty case of laryngitis Hydra's way.

murpheyblue
12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Welcome home and welcome back!!!

dr mom
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Welcome back Marisa. And, welcome to the world Amelia!

lisams
12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm so glad your home with your babies! I'm sure things will be crazy for a little bit, but it will get better. Glad to hear your mom is on her way out!

I've been thinking about you non stop. You are an amazingly strong person!! Try to get some rest and enjoy your beautiful family!

Lisa

mysweetboy
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
That is awesome news, Marisa! Welcome home!!!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 7 months old!

lrucci
12-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Marisa,

Welcome home and congratulations on the birth of your sweet Amelia.
Rest up and try (real hard) not to kill your mom.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

barbarhow
12-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Finally-I haven't been able to get on the boards all day! Welcome back. You gave us a major scare but it sounds like you are back to being you!!!! Yeah!!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

mamagoosie
12-14-2004, 07:12 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!!

You were much missed in these parts. Kisses to the girls and major hugs for you.

marinkitty
12-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Marisa - Welcome home!!! So glad you are back with your family - just don't forget to rest and take care of yourself!!! You have been through so much!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

CBB
12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
What great news!! So glad you're feeling better. Hope things get back to normal soon.