PDA

View Full Version : Ski Resort Babysitting Services

Mommy_Again
12-13-2004, 10:45 PM
We are going to Steamboat Springs, CO in a few weeks and the concierge at our condo has recommended a few childcare services. Has anyone ever had or heard of a negative experience with these situations? One of the services has been run by an older woman for 18 years, all her sitters are certified seven ways to Sunday and all hired via personal reference, not through newspaper ads. Still, it makes me nervous. I need input from other like-minded moms.

steph2003
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
I have not personally used ski resort baby sitting services although I know several concierge services offer them + I think a lot of ski resorts have on site children's programs/daycare programs you can drop your little ones off at.

I'd say it just depends on your comfort level - I mean if you've checked & rechecked the references/credentials then there isn't a whole lot more you can do....just depends on what you're comfortable with!

sorry that isn't a whole lot of help! Just didn't want to think your post was being ignored. I'd have to say I would probably use this service as my DS is older although I would probably put him to bed myself if we were going out to dinner & then have the sitter come over to be there. During the day I think I'd put him in the resort children's program & check in on him several times during the day. Of course we are hoping to get him up on skis as soon as possible so he can enjoy the sport with us ;)