PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a procrastinator!

himom
12-14-2004, 07:00 AM
It's 2 am. I am supposed to be wrapping presents and packing up boxes to be sent out tomorrow in the vague hope they will arrive before Christmas. I have been "working" since 11:30 pm. So far, I have wrapped one present, written two emails, watched a repeat of the evening news, drank 3 cups of tea, and answered one post in the lounge. I have approximately 8 things left to wrap, not to mention needing to make cards, find boxes, fit everything into the right boxes, and pack and label everything. I'm about to head to bed because my little sunshine (DS) will be up in a few hours ready to have adventures, dragging Mommy along with his unstoppable toddler energy in full gear. Plus, I work tomorrow.

Please, somebody, tell me I'm not the only one that's this inefficient! Oh well, at least I managed to almost finish shopping.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

bluej
12-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Well, the gifts I do have are all wrapped. The gifts I have yet to get are all gift certificates. I have since decided that I don't feel like dragging a toddler all over town to ten different places to get gift certificates, so I'm just giving straight out cash instead. How's that for laziness (it is efficient though!)? I can't even say that anyone is going to get crisp pretty money b/c that would involve standing in line at the bank. Instead they are going to get whatever kind of money the ATM spits out. It's all worth the same amount in the end isn't :) This is why I always aim to have my Christmas shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving. B/c I know the crowds and lines after Thanksgiving greatly affect my mood and tolerance for shopping.

redhookmom
12-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I am still waiting for my gifts to be delivered to me so that I can wrap them and send them out. I wish I was as organized as you!

August Mom
12-14-2004, 09:01 AM
That sounds like me! LOL Only, I did wrap lots of presents last night, I didn't get them all done and I don't have them boxed up to send. So, probably they won't get mailed out today.

I was watching Scott Peterson coverage in the middle of the night and trying to find correct addresses. DH informs me that our computer address book was lost in some update or conversion. He doesn't seem concerned in the least, but this severely hampers my gift and card mailing. Ugh.

brubeck
12-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Can you say internet? Internet shopping is a Mom's best friend. Many places have free shipping and even if you pay for gift-wrapping, well you would have paid that much for shipping at the post office, wouldn't you?

For gift certificates, you can usually buy tghem online, often with no shipping charge. If you go to a place like giftcertificates.com (I think that's the URL) they will even wrap them up for you in a fancy way. If you want tp be cheap, join the hotwiresavingsclub and buy Target GCs for 20% off. They'll all come to you and you can just pop them in a nice envelope.

If you already have a bunch of wrapped gifts and more money than time take the whole thing to a UPS store and they will deal with the entire mess for you.