PDA

View Full Version : baby dropping question- for baby #2 that is

lizajane
12-14-2004, 11:44 AM
i feel certain that this baby must have dropped because i can suddenly breath again, even when riding in the car. i am feeling some weird pelvic aches and pains, but kinda have been all along, so i don't feel like that is a great indicator. and my tummy does poke way out down low...

but i read that 2nd babies don't drop until labor (with very few exceptions.) and i didn't feel it when schuyler dropped because he was so very big and managed to fill up the entire space even after dropping, so i stillc couldn't breathe!(but my OB said that he had dropped.)

so i am just kinda wondering- is it possible that he has dropped at 34 weeks? any experiences with 2nd babies dropping that you can share???

TIA!

Karenn
12-14-2004, 12:44 PM
My 2nd baby dropped before labor. She also came a week early, so don't lose hope! :) I don't know how early she dropped, but even before the OB told me she was down people kept telling me I was carrying lower.

Hang in there! You're going to feel so much better in just a few weeks!! (Hopefully very few!)

brubeck
12-14-2004, 12:51 PM
My first never dropped. My second dropped more than 6 weeks before labor started! It was very weird because I kept assuming that meant that labor was imminent, and of course it wasn't, and I got so frustrated..... well you get the picture.

But the general rule from my OB was that EVERYTHING happens earlier with second (and later) pregnancies. Your body already knows the way, LOL.

lizajane
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
whew! thanks for the info.

i am glad to know it could happen for a 2nd baby 6 weeks before. not that i want to go to 40 weeks!!! but i would like to make it to 38. with our history of enormous babies, i have no concerns about delivering at 38 weeks (schuyler was born at 39 and was 9.5lbs and my brother was born at 37 at almost 9lbs!!)

i will just enjoying the lungs full of air now! :)

psophia17
12-14-2004, 05:35 PM
I read the subject and my first thought was: Holy Crap, it's never okay to drop a baby!!!

Good thing I kept reading....