PDA

View Full Version : It's All About Toilet Paper

kransden
12-14-2004, 02:36 PM
DD is now starting to potty train. She loves toilet paper. She likes to wipe a lot too! This is getting expensive. Anybody have any inexpensive brands they can recommend?

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

egoldber
12-14-2004, 03:07 PM
For #1 or #2? For #2, I found the flushable toddler wipes to be indispensble. Instead of needing a wad of toilet paper, I was down to one wipe. So even though they are more expensive than toilet paper, I was actually using quite a bit less.

HTH,

candybomiller
12-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Get her the crappy stuff (I crack myself up!) and she won't enjoy wiping so much.

Seriously though, figure out if she just likes to wipe just because or if she's wiping because she doesn't feel clean. I'm assuming it's the first, so I would probably recommend the Kirkland brand if you have a Costco card.

FWIW, I love Charmin Ultra. :)

kransden
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
LOL! It is for #1. She just loves to pull the tissue off the roll, wipe, flush and repeat. It is not a clean issue, it is just so much fun kwim?

The Costco is too far from us, so I go to Sam's instead. I wish it was closer.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

psophia17
12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
You could also get the monster size Scotties - I think they had 20 rolls of them in a package, and with 1000 sheets a roll, that should work out to inexpensive even with repeated wips/flushes for amusement...plus you'll also be cultivating a taste for non-linty TP ;)

When we were kids, my mom got big@$$ boxes of Delsey from Agway, of all places - also where she got a 2-year supply of Kotex, once...I didn't know what the big deal meant when she finally ran out of pads, but I do remember the emergency trip to the store with my Dad where my sister and I, ages 9 and 7, had to find the right kind of pads by matching the color of the box they came in...and the moral of the story is don't buy EVERYTHING in bulk...