PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! NEED to do Photo collage, have NO clue!!

aliceinwonderland
12-14-2004, 03:17 PM
ETA: This would not be a "card" type, more like a "huge poster" type collage...is this even doable? Did someone here do something like that--I vagely remember????

I always bite off way more than i can chew!!! ARGH!
So, I thought it would be nice for DH's grandma (whom I'm very fond of) to make a shutterfly calendar of her great-grandkids...I figured, easy: send some emails, gather photos:voila! Well, my darling husband has given everyone the idea I'm doing some special collage!! Now, I can just disappoint and put together the measly calendar...But I don't want to do that, people emailed me all these pics (only 6 great-grandkids, but pictures were hard to get due to Grandma's insistence to only use snail mail with one of her grandkids...My DH had to actually mail a letter, etc...

Pics are all formats, all of them digital!! WHAT TO DO???

pixelprincess
12-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Hmmn...you can use photographs in any formats and compile them in a collage, if that's what you are asking. You'd have to scan the prints and save them in a digital format...as long as they are psd or jpg you should be fine.

If you are trying to create a large poster, you would have better luck taking it to a service bureau that does oversize prints for graphic firms. Kinko's should be able to do it too for a lesser quality, and a better cost.

Not sure if that is the info you are looking for...

aliceinwonderland
12-14-2004, 04:21 PM
ok, see how I have no clue, I did not get it at all what you're saying, LOL: I have,say, 18 pics that I want all together in one frame...how do I copy and paste them together...I have to have that program don't I...

Ah, calendar it will be. I tried. I have two more exams to get thru until Monday :(:(

(thanks so much for your help!)

pixelprincess
12-14-2004, 04:40 PM
sorry, i was assuming you have and are familiar with photoshop. for your collage poster, you can used pics from any format- print, digital, etc and compile them in p-shop.

for the calendar...if you use a service like shutterfly, you wouldn't even need p-shop if you have all your images in a digital format. you can upload them and use them in their calendar template.

hope this makes sense.

papal
12-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Eri, if I understand correctly, you want to make a photo collage calendar?? Or just a photo collage which is poster size??

Ok, if it is the latter, do you have photoshop or something similar? I had made one for Lana some time back. Basically, you would do it just the way you do it for a card, but if you are printing it at Shutterfly, you would choose the 16x20 size option. Does that make sense? As long as the resolution is fine, it should print just great!

If it is a calendar then I think in shutterfly you can choose one pic per month or something like that... if you are busy studying, let me know.. i can look up the info for ya.

aliceinwonderland
12-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks!!
Rashmi, you are too nice of a person(offering to look it up for me, so sweet!)I actually knew about the calendar, and THAT was my original idea (until DH started throwing around the word "collage", LOL...

I think I want to do the second thing you mention now...I'll think about it Monday afternoon, as soon as I'm done with my last exam!!

THANKS AGIAN :)