PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes, my friends ( *crazy, CRAZY * long)

Marisa6826
12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Princess was, indeed, the doula's real name. I found it hard to believe too, but she was Jamaican and apparently that is what her parents decided to name her.

So here was the story of the doula and Hydra's departure. (BTW, for the record, Hydra's real name is Joan - I know there was some doubt out there ;) ).

Last night Princess came to me and said that because she was brought here so late notice, she didn't get her Christmas gifts mailed out to Jamaica. She wanted to take the day off (which was supposed to be today) and she would be back the next morning. I figured, since Hydra was here, I'd be OK, so I agreed. I even went online and got her the train schedule and gave her cash so she could get there and back since she hadn't been paid yet.

Well, this morning, I hear the baby cry, look at the clock and it's 9am. Princess had overslept and missed her train, but she then informed me that her friend (supposedly a flight attendant) got diverted to Boston and wouldn't be meeting her to pick up the gifts. She was, instead, going to meet her on Saturday. So I said fine, asked if she was still going to be here for the day. She said yes.

I realised in my somewhat drugged stupor that Amelia's hospital tags were missing. I asked Jonathan what happened. He didn't know, but came to find out that Princess THREW THEM OUT. I just about flipped. I know it sounds absolutely stupid, but after everything I've been through they were just so important to me. Jonathan was, uhhhh, heartily encouraged to dig through three garbage cans to find them. God, I sure married a good man.

The next thing I know, Hydra is asking where she could find a Jamaican store. Um, not to be callous, but I'm white and Polish. I told her the closest place was probably Newark (kind of a hardcore inner city area not far from here). She somehow found a place not far from here that had Jamaican products. I asked why she needed to go, and Princess told me it was to "buy stuff". I asked if it was for dinner (she made Jamaican curry chicken the night before I came home. The house STILL smells like curry. No offense Rashmi Girlie, but it's killing me). She said nope. I asked what she was going to shop for and she said she didn't know, but that she'd know when she found it. Um. OK.

So, Jonathan's still outside in the garage digging through the trash, and Hydra and Princess go on their merry way, leaving me and the girls and dogs on our own. I called the head doula and she positively had a cow. She couldn't believe I was left alone. I told her that I just couldn't justify the cost of a 24hr doula if she wasn't going to be here helping and I'd rather spread the cost across several extra daytime hours.

Well, the next thing I know, Hydra is calling me from the car wanting to know "what I did to get Princess in so much trouble". Princess was told to go straight back to the house and pack since she was off the job. The head doula got here and sat down with me, Princess and Hydra. The bottom line is that every thing with Princess was miscommunication (her English was very difficult to understand and I'm fairly certain she didn't understand me). To her benefit, she DID come here unexpectedly, without direction and was told to take care of two kids in a house she had never seen before. She was literally dropped off here alone while Jonathan and the head doula came to the ICU to see me. She never had any orientation of any kind, nor was she told what was expected of her. If Hydra hadn't been here, we probably could have worked things out. But being that Hydra had no other allies, she scooped Princess up under her tentacles as soon as she could and it was all downhill from there. Add in the fact that I've never had live in help before and couldn't tell her what I needed, we were all doomed from the beginning.

The head doula wanted to know what the scoop was with Hydra and how long she was staying. I told her that we don't have a good relationship and that Jonathan, who is the most passive person alive, was even butting heads with her. Hydra got all defensive when I mentioned that she's simply unable to be supportive, and does nothing but question our parenting abilities. I further told her that we have certain ways of doing things in the house and that unless she could stop questioning everything, it just wasn't going to be a pleasant or beneficial situation for anybody involved. Well, apparently that was over the top for my Mother. She got really nasty, said she could be on a flight today. I told her that in fact, there was one at 4:15. I picked up the laptop, and bought it there on the spot. Handed her the confirmation number and told her goodbye.

She came back into the room after packing and said that she needed cash since she paid $46 for groceries. Fine. I handed her the $80 I had in my wallet. She made some comment about that being all I had. I told her to ask Jonathan (I hadn't realised that the doula offered to drive her to the airport just to get her out of my hair. I assumed she was taking a cab, hence the extra cash). He gave her another $49. She took the money from his hand and proceeded to tell him that he was a wimp of a man and she had no respect for him.

Once Jonathan told me that, I flipped like nothing you've ever seen before. I flew out the front door, going after her in my pajamas with Amelia in my arms, told her that I hoped she got a good look at her granddaughters because she was never seeing them again. Told her that she was no longer part of my life, nor theirs and I didn't want any further contact with her (mind you this is all being screamed since Jonathan was PHYSICALLY restraining me at this point) and that she was a f****ing psycho and to stay away from me.

Jonathan literally dragged me back into the house, where I called the phone company and had blocks put on our phone for all her numbers. I am SOOO done with all of this emotional sabotage. I will not have it in my life, nor my family's. I honestly don't care if she drops dead. I know that there are people here that will think that harsh and uncalled for, but at this point, there is simply no reason to have her as part of my life. In the darkest hours of my life she wasn't there. She is parasitic and sick. I can only hope that she realises what she's lost. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. But chance after chance, she does the same things again and again. She's lost her opportunity to be part of the lives of two magnificent children. And for them, and for them *only*, do I mourn the loss of this relationship.

As far as the doula goes, we are trying to get a night time helper in. Probably from 9pm-6:30am. I was under the impression that I won't be able to BF for another 10-14 days, and figured that I could at least sleep at night and take care of Amelia during the day. However, Rachel sent me a link today saying that the Levaquin (antibiotic) IS safe for BF. I've been pumping every 2-4 hours and am able to get 2-4 oz. collectively. It positively KILLS me to have to toss it down the drain, but I won't risk getting Amelia sick. Does anybody know the risks (if any) associated with extended exposure to pain killers? I don't know that I will be able to get off those that quickly. The incision still is pretty sore.

We have a Ped appt on Friday for Amelia (I'm not brave enough to try and do Sophie's at the same time, since she needs shots), so I might hold off and ask what the Ped thinks.

If you're still with me, thanks for reading. It may have been a long Hydra-logue, but it's definitely a doozy.

love-

-m

candybomiller
12-14-2004, 06:00 PM
What a flucking psychotic bitch! Good for you for standing up for yourself!!!! I'm so proud of you.

McQ
12-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Oh Marisa! I'm so sorry that after all you went through you had to go through Hydra hell on top of it. Glad you sent her packing and it is her loss!

Not only that, she needs a serious ass kicking for that comment she made about Jonathan. He loves you dearly and I was so touched that he took the time to come here and thank us. He's a gem!

Things can only get better from here! Hugs!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

mamahill
12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Holy crap - I just can't believe you're able to put up with all that load of BS just days after being in the ICU and delivering a child right before that.

Hoping this next week proves to be MUCH better than the previous one. And, FWIW, you're better off without your mother. As are your children. I am so sorry that is the person you call mother.

Be well.

etwahl
12-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Oh Marisa, BIG HUGS! That is one heck of a story. I'm sorry you are dealing with doula problems AND a crazy mother to boot. Actually makes me feel better about our family. I'm so glad Rachel's been helping you with the bfing. And I hope you get answers about whether you have to dump or not. Glad you are home though.

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

alexsmommy
12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
I've been following your story on and off and I gotta say, the therapist in me is cheering you on for setting CLEAR boundaries with such a toxic, negative person - even if it is your own mother...I'm so sorry it had to be at such a difficult point in your life though. I hope this will bring you some peace and you can heal quickly.
Alaina
Alex 2-4-03

Melanie
12-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Marisa, honey, I am so sorry your mom is not there for you. \What a freaking nutjob to do all of that to her daugther who has just been through hell. ((Marisa))

You are such a strong woman, your girls are not going to miss having her in their lives. You will be an inspiration for them!

papal
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
MARISA!!!! Can I just tell you that you are the strongest, bravest woman that I know. Really.
Good for you for kicking that sorry-excuse-for-a-mother out. What an awful beeatch. I am so angry at her.. this was her chance to step up and do the right thing, but did she? No. Useless woman. I now understand fully what she is all about. If in your absolute time of need, she behaves like this, I just think she is inhuman.

As for Princess.. what a piece of work? Hello, you don't leave a recovering mom home with her 2 kids for Christmas shopping when you are a 24 hour a day DOULA! WTH?!!! And she threw out the hospital tags??!!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING??!!! MORON BEAATCH.
URRGHHHHH.

I must go cool off because I want to wring their necks right now. Idiot dimwitted morons.

You are amazing M. You really are.. to come home and set everything straight. I hope now you finally are able to get some rest (mental at least).
Talk to you soon. And no offense about the curry, i couldn't stand the smell when I was preggo either.

COElizabeth
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Marisa,

I don't know if this is the link Rachel sent, but I found some Q&A on Levaquin on Dr. Thomas Hale's website:

http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/discus/messages/40/1106.html?1102625142

If you haven't already, I would have a doctor or LC look up the painkillers you are taking in Hale's book. It's a great reference that tells how much of a drug gets into milk, how long it stays in the system, etc.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

mharling
12-14-2004, 06:25 PM
*picking jaw off floor*

OMG, Marisa! I'm sending normalcy vibes your way now that the freaks are gone.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Marisa6826
12-14-2004, 06:27 PM
E-

That is the link.

I'm just so confused and tired, I just don't know which way is up at this point. :(

-m

StaceyKim
12-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey Marisa,
I am so sorry for what you have been through!!! You could seriously write a book about this!!!

Take care of yourself and your beautiful babies.

ETA: WTF was princess thinking??? She is a 24 hour doula and you are paying her to be there helping you. DUH!!!!!!!!! Why would anyone throw out your hospital bracelets?

I am glad you threw Hydra out too. She is really a piece of work that woman!

You are such a strong woman to do all this.

xoxo

steph01
12-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Marisa, I also have been following everything going on and I think you are amazing! Good for you for standing up to her and your kids will be better off without having such a toxic person in their lives. I have a toxic, condesending, negative father, and have had simular problems with him.

himom
12-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Holy crap Marisa! What a hassle for you!

Sounds to me like you did the right thing with both Princess & Hydra. Don't let anybody make you feel guilty and concentrate on settling in with your girls. You have had enough problems without other people throwing crap into the mix and expecting you to deal with it.

Think of the royalties you can rake in if you ever right a book!

Jodi

PS...I missed responding to your earlier post, so WELCOME HOME. I'm glad to see you back.

Jeanmick
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
YIKES!

Just now getting to reading about your ordeal. Here's to getting back to some normalcy in your life. :)

Congratulations and best wishes on your little one.

StaceyKim
12-14-2004, 06:35 PM
here is another good site

http://www.safefetus.com/index.htm

heidis2girls
12-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Marisa, I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with all of this just one week after having a baby and being hospitalized for pneumonia! Geez, people should be taking care of you, not making your life miserable. Good for you for standing up to your mother and giving her the boot. She doesn't deserve to be in your lives. I know you feel guilty that Sophie and Amelia won't have her in their lives, but it seems like she'd do more harm than good anyway.

You are an amazing, strong, loving woman and you will raise your daughters to be the same way. And Jonathan seems like such a sweetie! The post he wrote here was the sweetest thing I've ever read. Obviously he loves you and the girls very, very much. You have a beautiful, loving family that you are protecting and you should be very proud of yourself for that and for standing up for them.

Now go get some rest! I'm exhausted just reading about your day, I can't imagine how you feel!

COElizabeth
12-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, who can blame you?! I'd be happy to try to find info on your painkiller if you tell me the drug.

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

brigmaman
12-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Whoa. Hopefully writing it all out helps a bit. Sorry you had to deal with all that on top of everything else. Can't wait to see more Amelia pics!

Tori_s mom
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
OMG this is nuts! I'm sorry you had to deal with these people, Marisa. But I think you did a wonderful thing. You stood up for yourself and protected your babies and wonderful DH. You go, girl! I just wish we could help you out more...Let us know if we can do anything!!!

Tasha

Tori (3/11/04)

Marisa6826
12-14-2004, 07:10 PM
Percocet 5/325. Two every three hours.

thanks

-m

muskiesusan
12-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Marisa,

I am just catching up with your ordeal-CRAZY!!! I am glad to read that you are finally home. Hopefully everything will stay on the upswing without all these negative forces around you!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

billysmommy
12-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Marisa,
That is unbelievable, you are such a strong woman to be able to handle everything thrown at you at once. Enjoy every second with your girls and Jonathon :)

egoldber
12-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Marisa, I know that Percocet is OK for breastfeeding. I took it while breastfeeding Sarah.

egoldber
12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Marisa, I replied to you below, but I will do so here also. My ped assured me that Percocet was safe for breastfeeding. I took it while breastfeeding Sarah following my C section.

miki
12-14-2004, 07:34 PM
You go, girl. Good for you for standing up for yourself and your family. You shouldn't even feel bad for your girls that they will be missing the presence of such a poisonous personality. You are all better off. Rest up.

octmom
12-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh. My. Word. You are one strong woman, Marisa! I am very proud of you for doing something that could *not* have been easy, though it was very necessary. Now you take good care of yourself and your babies and let Jonathan continue to be a very good husband/ dad and carry some of this on his shoulders.

When things settle down, you *really* should think seriously about writing a book. My SIL is close to getting a deal on one she wrote recently (chick lit genre) and your stories are *much* more interesting. (OK, now I hope she has not discovered this board. She is pg with #1 and I recommended the book to her. Oh well.)

Take care!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

new_mommy25
12-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Wowee, that is quite a story m! Your mom is a real piece of work. it sounds like you did the right thing even though it's hard.

Good luck with the bf'ing. I admire your determination after all you've been through.

marinkitty
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Wow - what a homecoming. I'm glad you now have both Princess and Hydra (I did really think that was her name - LOL) out of your hair! I'm so sorry you had all this to come home to, but as always am so impressed by your strength! You rock! Now, go get some much needed sleep, you!!!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

momathome
12-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Holy Crap, Marisa! Well, no one can say that you lead a boring life, girlie. ;) I am glad to hear that you are strong enough to be back in control of your household and that you kicked your mother to the curb. She is truly toxic and I think she has shown that any form of a normal mother/grandmother relationship with you and the girls was going to be impossible. Try not to look back and don't let her sucker you in to her demented world again - you are much better off without her! Take care, girlie, and I will call you before the week is out. {{{hugs}}}

Sarah1
12-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow. Amazing story. What a week! I have a mental image of you being restrained by Jonathan...it made me chuckle...I'm glad you are able to maintain your sense of humor about the whole ordeal! :)

toomanystrollers
12-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Man oh man!! So when will you be publishing your psychotic mother's biography??

BIG HUGS Mama!! Sophie & Amelia will be just fine :) I never knew either of my psychotic Grandmothers - THANK GOD!!

deborah_r
12-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Wow, Marisa, I was hoping against hope that your mother could behave in such a desperate situation, but I must admit I never really believed that she could or would. I'm so sorry that she is just unable to be supportive of you. It sounds like she must have some kind of mental illness/chemical imbalance, but I doubt she would be cooperative in trying to get treated. I think you've mentioned that oyu have tried before.

As for pain medication while BFing, I know I took something pretty heavy duty for about a week after my c-section, and I nursed Kai all the way through. It wasn't how I wanted it to be, and I did worry abit, but I tried to go on only Ibuprofen on the third night and it was a big, big mistake. I don't remember what the painkillers were called, but I'm sure it was a narcotic.

I wish more of us lived close to you, so we could come help out! Please try to rest as much as you can!

ETA: Oh, and Jonathon is SOOO not a wimp! I think it's safe to say he is much admired by many of us here after his wonderful post on Sunday. And I remember he does his own ironing, while watching the Simpsons even, so I was already pretty impressed with him!!!

kensjen
12-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Wow, just reading that stressed me out, I can't imagine living it. LOL

Things are looking up now that you have released the psychos! I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but I promise when Amelia is all grown up you will be able to laugh about all of this.

Thanks for making my in laws look almost "normal". LOL Take care Mama, we're all thinking of you!! :)

LD92599
12-14-2004, 08:27 PM
m~

glad you're back home and back w/ your girls and Jonathan. So sorry to hear about the events w/ Hydra and Princess (gosh..what a name!). Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

trumansmom
12-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Yikes! You are an amazing woman.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

sweetbasil
12-14-2004, 08:59 PM
We're with you, Marisa. I'm sorry your last few weeks have been like this, hon. You're a great mama, a great wife, and a great daughter. She didn't know what she had, it sounds like, and now you're all gone from her life. Her loss.

Hugs,

Bethann31
12-14-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm speechless. You win. I can't believe that earlier today and yesterday I was so depressed because mom died and with her, our family died. Now I'm just grateful I don't have yours. But, at least you have us.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

jamsmu
12-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Ditto, I loved perc. after labor. And DS sure didn't mind either. :)

Oh Marisa, your saga just continues. To my benefit, its entertaining--probably because of the spirit you tell it with.

You are, as I'm sure I've said before, so strong!! Sophie and Amelia are so lucky to have you as a role model. Now, if you're still reading this... GO TO BED!!

Marisa6826
12-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Beth-

I'm sorry to hear of your Mom. My Father died 24 years ago, so essentially all of YOU are my family now.

hugs

-m

octmom
12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Beth,

I am so sorry about your loss. I'll be thinking of you.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

jojo2324
12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Oh, sweetie. You're in our family too. :) I'm sorry I missed you...We left NJ early because the kids were hacking up their lungs. Plus, two grown adults plus two squirmy children plus one uncomfy air mattress does not a pleasant night make.

I'm sorry your mother is such a bee-yotch. I'm sorry my name is even slightly similar to hers. I'm happy that you are home, healthy and safe with your two gorgeous girls. Your mother doesn't know what she's missing, and that's the saddest part.

Hugs to you, and I WILL get to see you soon. I'm getting a little more confident on those unfamiliar NJ roads.

COElizabeth
12-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Hale puts Percocet in the L3 (moderately safe) category for use while breastfeeding, and it sounds like a lot of nursing moms are given it, based on what the pps have said.

http://kellymom.com/health/meds/pain-meds.html

FWIW, I was prescribed an L3 category pain reliever after delivering, too. Hale's medications forums do discuss a case of an infant having some withdrawal (trouble going to sleep, fussiness) after the mother was on Vicodin (the pain reliever I was prescribed), but I think the mom had been on it during pregnancy and for nearly 4 months after delivery. Hale said he expected those symptoms to last at most a week or two. It's in this discussion:

http://neonatal.ama.ttuhsc.edu/discus/messages/39/1302.html?1103038466

I doubt that you will be on the percocet nearly that long, though!

and Charlotte, 11-04-04

RwnMayfair
12-15-2004, 12:12 AM
I was mildly curious if Hydra really was her name, so I'm glad you cleared that up. ;) Anyway, I would honestly have done the same thing if I had someone in my life acting that way. So I may be crazy too, but hey, at least you've got other people out there who are just as crazy as you. ::grin::

I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that though. I hope everything settles into something really good soon though, now that the dramatics are (hopefully!) over.

::hugs::

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

westchicagomom
12-15-2004, 04:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your less Beth. It is even sadder that you must grieve the loss of your "family" too.

westchicagomom
12-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Yikes! To have deal w/ all this while recovering from a c/s and subsequent illness, I cannot even imagine. I am glad you resolved the situation quickly and that no one was maimed or injured in the process (unless there is something you are not telling us. ;) )

I was just having a discussion w/ DH last night and he can't understand how I can possibly write off one of my blood relatives because they are "family" and that is indictive of some supreme bond in the universe in his mind. Next time the discussion comes up, I will have to offer your story up as evidence to the contrary.

I hope you are feeling better soon and able to manage taking care of your babies - saw the pix in the other post - what a wonderful family!

cinrein
12-15-2004, 07:20 AM
***clap, clap, clap, clap, clap***

You have my admiration Marisa. To be so strong after being so sick and just giving birth. Your daughters are so lucky to have you (and Jonathan).

I'm so sorry things didn't work out differently. You got a bad stroke of fate with your Mom, but I think you definitely lucked out in the DH and kiddos department. Hugs girlie.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

nov02mom
12-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Marisa- I had to have surgery when Jacob was 3 weeks old and I took Percocet for a while following the surgery and was assured by my LC and my LLL leader that it was fine for breastfeeding. It "peaks" about an hour after you take it so sometimes I would try to hold off a little if I had to feed him and then take it.

I am glad you have some closure as far as your mom is concerned. Your girls will be much happier to not be around someone who is so negative!
Kristen

steph2003
12-15-2004, 09:13 AM
You GO GIRL! mama bear roar, roar! Hey, you've gotta look out for yourself & your girlies :)

momma_boo
12-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Wow. You go girl! I'm amazed by the strength you have always shown. In my heart, I was hoping that your mom would rise to the challenge and redeem herself when you and your family really needed her. Well, this will be the last time you allow yourself to be victimized by her and her selfishness again.

You have a wonderful family all around you and are a FABULOUS mom to your girls.

loewymartin
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
All I can say is wow. Wow for having to even deal with all you went through before you came home, and wow for having to deal with what you went through once you got home.

You have an amazing strength. I don't think I would have handled things as well as you have. Many hugs to you, Jonathan and the girls.

Michelle
Mom to Alia 5/2002

lmladuke
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Marisa:

I have not responded much, but have been reading your posts. I just wanted to say first off - congratulations! Second, you are amazing. It is tough enough adjusting to 2 kids - never mind all of the craziness you have been dealing with - especially your mom!!! Third, I am glad you are feeling better - you went through so much. And finally, your DH seems like an absolute gem.

Hugs to you and your family. Take care of yourself!!

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

babymama
12-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Marissa -
Oh, I am hugging you and putting your head on my shoulder throught the computer screen. I'm so sorry about what you've been through over the last week. Hold on tight to your girls and to Jonathan! You're such a brave mama!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

suribear
12-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Normally I would say to put up with your mom (well, maybe not your mom!) for the grandkids, but you were right to sever ties. She is toxic.. unbelievable.

Sorry you had to put up with that during an already difficult time.

Kris

aliceinwonderland
12-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Oh, Marisa...
I have to say that, after reading some of the previous stories about your mother, I wondered why you even picked up the phone when she called, etc. because she always did such damage for no reason at all...This is just over the top...I'm glad you did what you did, peace, finally, huh??

I'm so happy you're at home with your babies.

calebsmama03
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Holy moley, mama! I can't believe you've had to go through all of that on top of everything else! Here's hoping life gets back to normal for you again soon!

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Andrea S
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. (((HUGS)))

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

lmintzer
12-15-2004, 03:23 PM
OMG! What total craziness! I am so sorry you had to deal with this on top of everything. But you were able to stand up for yourself and protect yourself and your family from that intolerable behavior. Good for you! I'm giving you a large cyber pat on the back and a big hug.

Some day, I'll have to tell you my MIL story. She (and FIL) acted up after Jack's birth, and we did not talk to them again for 10 months. Even now, ties are very loose.

kijip
12-16-2004, 12:12 AM
YIKES! I am SO glad you kicked them out. I can not even imagine why a mother(grandmother!) and a PAID doula would leave a recovering mother with a newborn and a toddler to go SHOPPING. I hate people that say mean things to nice men regarding being "a wimp" or "whipped".

Your mother, Joan, is not improving my love of the name Joan. My Grandmother, who is a pea in the pod and maybe then some to your mother, is also named Joan. However, my middle name is Joan (after my grandfather on the OTHER side John) so I can't dislike it TOO much!

jd11365
12-16-2004, 08:52 AM
M-
Glad you sent her home...I was worried for you from the time it was posted that Jonathan was sending for her. Take a deep breath, she's gone. It sucks for the sake of Sophie and Amelia, but it's clearly more of a loss for her than for them.

BIG BEAR HUGS TO YOU!!!!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

houseof3boys
12-16-2004, 09:58 AM
I knew there would be drama with mommie dearest. I am so sorry Marisa. I know you were between a rock and a hard place with this whole situation so there wasn't a choice. But, geez!!!!!!

I hope that you are able to get some relief with all of this soon. You are a great mommy and don't deserve all of this aggravation and stress in your condition.

Big hugs to you!! :)

alkagift
12-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Marisa,
More power to you...you've done the right thing and you should rest knowing that. You're a strong person and I so admire that in a woman! Jonathan is a sweet, loving person and doesn't deserve that kind of remark--as my mom would say, he's got the patience of Job--good for him, and good for you!

Love and kisses to your whole family. Now go get some sleep!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

starrynight
12-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Oh man M, you so did not need thatafter all you just went through!! {hugs} I do not blame you one bit for cutting her out of your life.