PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING RACE FANS! Post thoughts here!

Jeanmick
12-15-2004, 01:40 AM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

A

L

E

R

T

Haven't seen a thread on this show in a while. Is anyone still interested in talking about it? There's info on this week's episode on this post...don't open if you don't want to know anything about it!
I CANNOT stand Jonathan!!!! He gives me the absolute creeps. My DH and I couldn't believe what we saw when he shoved Victoria at the pitstop. I saw the look of concern (or was that disgust?) in Phil's eyes. This is the guy Victoria said would be a good father to her children? Gimme a break. Boy, if this gets worse, I wouldn't be surprised if the producers step-in for an intervention. Yikes! :(

I LOL when Gus wanted a beer so badly, but Hera didn't let him.

What a wuss Adam (the "horned" guy...that's the only way I can ID him) is. He's supposed to be a personal trainer, too.

Too bad about the eliminated couple. I liked them, but they made too many mistakes along the way. While they may not have had the physical advantage, they needed to make intelligent choices, and unfortunately, they didn't.

Hope other fans will post their observations...I love reading about your thoughts! :)

bluej
12-15-2004, 07:14 AM
I can't help but think that even though Jonathan was furious, he was probably holding back when he shoved VICTORIAAAAAA (if I had the abitlity to add sound that would be Jonathan screaming Victoria like he always does. It makes me sick). I can't give him any benefit of doubt and say well now we know what he does when he's absolutely furious. Nope, I think he does way more and had to fight himself to hold back b/c they were in public and had cameras everywhere. I wonder if the producers knew how bad he was when they accepted them? I hope not. I'm sure they knew he had a temper, but I hope they didn't know it was this bad and chose them for the entertainment value (I'm certainly not finding it entertaining).

I thought it was great when the older couple was talking about how they can't and won't ask anyone in this poor country (in Africa at this point) for money. And then all of the other racers decided to give the older couple money.

And yes, Gus was hilarious at the beer garden!

I was so hoping that somehow the wrestler's would be eliminated.

cinrein
12-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Jonathan and Victoria must be the most demented couple in AR history. Why the heck would she pick up his bag and run sobbing toward the mat?!? He is the worst and must have her under some psychotic spell. I wish they would be elimininated, but then DH pointed out Jonathan would probably beat the crap out of Victoria. :(

There was something about Freddy and Kendra I never liked, and finally I saw it last night. Did you hear her comments about Africa!! Oh boy!

I like Gus and Hera a lot. The beer exchange was funny.

I despise Adam and Rebecca. Another pair of weirdos. I was finished with them last episode when Rebecca so proudly shared with the camera that Adam's Mommy still cut his toe nails. Um, and you dated him why???

I like Kris and John. I don't like Hayden and Aaron. Aaron is OK, but I think Hayden acts like a beeeatch.

The wrestlers kind of crack me up. I don't want them to win, but at this point they are more entertaining to me than annoying.

That leaves Don and MJ. A very sweet couple. I'm sad they went, but they are excrutiating to watch. I'm so glad the other teams gave them money though---very nice.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

npace19147
12-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Victoria and Jonathan are in an abusive relationship - it makes me sick to watch. I hope the producers kick them out b/f it gets worse...

I really like Kris and Jon. They seem very open and supportive of each other. I am bothered by all the actors/models!

amp
12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Cindy - I'm with you on this....I was shocked, literally with my jaw hanging open at how hostile and disgusted Kendra sounded about Africa and it's people. I think she's gonna regret speaking that way about people. Or maybe she's too shallow!

And yeah, why would you admit that your boyfriend's mommy cuts his toenails. That boy is trying to look weird and tough, but he's a wimp!

And I can't stand Jonathan and Victoria. Why on earth she puts up with him I will never understand. I'd be done with him within seconds of meeting him and never look back.

brubeck
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree that Jonathan gets worse and worse. Last week when he looked decent was just a fluke I guess! And why is he screaming at her not to carry the bags? He is the one that dropped his and then his wife had to carry it. I hope she realizes what a loser he is and divorces him. If she hasn't hopefully ehr family and friends who are watching this now are encouraging her to leave him. No woman should have to stay with a guy who hits her.

Gus must be quite the lush to think about losing the race for a mug of beer! :)

I like Kris & Jon too, they are my picks to win.

babymama
12-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Last night's episode was seriously unsettling for me. I had a hard time sleeping! Do racist remarks and interpersonal violence count as entertainment these days? I was floored by the levels of idiocy displayed by Kendra and Jonathan this week.

I was *furious* at Kendra's racist comments. I was so totally offended. I don't tune into television to be attacked by racist comments. It's one thing when Tony Soprano or some character is portrayed saying racist things, but when someone is allowed a forum to spew hate...I'm not in the least bit entertained. Kendra is utterly despicable! In my eyes, she can't leave the race soon enough. I laughed when Phil told her and her partner that they won a trip to MEXICO! HA! She's gonna *love* being back in the third world - surrounded by brown people, no less! HA!

I can't believe that the producers haven't already pulled the plug on Jonathan and Victoria. I agree with the pp that he was definitely holding back with just a shove. Would the producers think it's ok for him to shove a member of another team? If he can't lay a hand on a different team member, then he shouldn't be able to abuse his own team member. Jonathan is sick and disgusting! Did you catch when he just happened to mention that he owns a Ferrari. Hello, meglomaniac!When Phil said " I think you better go talk to victoria", I thought he was gonna say " You better go APOLOGIZE to Victoria". If the producers don't step in, I hope Victoria walks off the show, so Jonathan can no longer compete.

I am now rooting for Hera and Gus and the wrestlers (I'm just as surprised as you are about me liking the wrestlers). I think Hera and Gus are strong on lots of fronts, but I think that Gus being unable to run is a major liability. They complement each others strengths very nicely, though and I hope they make the final 3 at least. I thought it was hilarious that she wouldn't let him have a beer. He could have chugged one quickly, no? I would have let him. Poor guy! The wrestlers seemed to be very respectful of the people in Dakar and in Germany too. I can't remember a particular instance, but they were overall more respectful than I expected them to be. Oh wait, I remembered that he was really nice to the people in the convenience store when he stopped to ask directions (plus he gets TOTAL bonus points for stopping to ask for directions!) I got a really good feeling when I saw the look on the male wrestlers face as he was cheering on his wife in the boxcar challenge. I didn't like when he puffed out his chest and basically challenged Hayden (Hayden's the guy on that team right?)to a fight. I did however like that he called them out on their plan to deny the other teams plane tickets and buy Kendra (beeaach) and her partner their tix. Good thing that there were plenty of tickets and they couldn't make their scheme happen.

I like Kris and John, too - and I've liked them since the first episode. BUT I've gotta support the underdog and they are definitely not an underdog. They always seem to be having fun and seem to really do well without drama. Let's hear it for minimal drama!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

suribear
12-15-2004, 11:54 AM
I wasn't surprised by the outcome. As much as I liked them and the way they handled themselves, they needed to be eliminated at this point.

Right now I like Gus and Hera best, though I doubt they will win as Gus isn't in the best shape. I hardly notice Kris and Jon, but in a good way. I found Kendra's "breeding" comments to be very disturbing. We can't all live in the affluent suburbs with an education and easy access to family planning! geez.

As for Jonathan and Victoria, I hope I'm wrong but it has to be an abusive relationship. If he can do that in front of the cameras, imagine what he would have done in private. Even without the pushing, he is emotionally abusive (understatement of the year!). I hope this is a wake-up call for Victoria, once she SEES it and (I hope) her friends and relatives notice. I bet people have been telling her for a long time, but it's very hard to leave an abusive marriage. I have a couple of friends who left only when they were hospitalized for injuries.. sigh..

Kris

gisele
12-15-2004, 01:11 PM
I also hated the comments Kendra made about "breeding" and "fleeing Africa". What a complete moron. She disgusts me. It actually disgusts me even more than Jon and Victoria. That guy is such a loser, jerk, etc. Ugh!

KrisM
12-15-2004, 01:19 PM
I agree with everyone here. I really thought Victoria was going to quit the race last night. I can't believe that when Phil told Jonathon to go talk to her, he just went and yelled some more. I hope she figures him out fast so she can leave him.

On the Early Show today, the couple who were eliminated said they spent about 2 hours at the church looking for the clue box. They said they didn't notice the part of the direction that mentioned the statue. It's too bad, as they were actually nice to each other.

I think I would have had the beer regardless of what Hera said, if I were Gus! I couldn't pass up a good German beer :).

Oregonmother
12-15-2004, 02:13 PM
I totally agree with everyone about Jonathan. I was planning on posting on this, but you beat me to it. I couldn't believe he shoved her! Kendra's remarks were pretty unsettling also.

JFC
12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Ditto!!!

I almost lost it last night listening to Kendra - as a PP pointed out her comments on 'breeding' and 'the ghetto' were so ignorant and disgusting. In a weird way I feel bad for her - how sad not to be really experience all the different wonderful places this show takes you. It touched me how moved Gus was at the slavery museum and how supportive Hera was of him. I think they are such an interesting team being a father and daughter - what a wonderful way to really get to know your f/d as an adult than to travel under such circumstances! Of course, I would have had to join my dad for a beer while in Germany!

Okay, now onto Jonathan! How utterly disguisting he is! I thought for sure the show was going to intervene when Phil told him to go speak with Victoria. Even if they did it off camera I strongly feel that they should tell him to cool it or he is off the show. He abuses Victoria and his terrible example should not be glorified. He makes me appreciate my DH more each week! ;-)

I too liked Don and MJ - it was a wonderful counterbalence to Jonathan and Victoria to see a couple who knew that the most important part of this game is the journey with your teammate!

Emmas Mom
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Ok, I have a comment about this show also. I missed some of it & didn't see the racist comments (think I'm glad I didn't catch them though), so my comment is about Jonathan (the abusive, psycho idiot, blue haired freak). I just don't understand his rage. Honestly, they were RIGHT BEHIND the first couple! It's not like they lost, it's not like they will have a huge delay after the couple in first leaves for the next part of the race. Who cares if they were second at this point?! Seriously, he has big anger management issues & I hope Victoria leaves his sorry butt & takes him for everything he's worth. PLEASE, someone tell her not to have his child! Someone like him shouldn't have any children, can you imagine how neurotic & abusive he'd be to them. Scary.

DebbieJ
12-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Joining the discussion late....I finally got to watch my tape this morning during B's nap.

I agree with everyone here. My jaw was hanging open and I even yelled at the screen when Kendra made her "breeding" comments. She is such a princess. I hope she is ashamed when she watches the show.

Jonathan went over the edge this week, yelling and shoving his WIFE. SHE IS YOUR WIFE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! You don't treat your wife this way! And he expects her to bear his chidren? I am just so digusted. Hopefully she wises up as well.

I thought the Don and MJ were very sensitive in not asking the African people for money. They were sweet, but just couldn't keep up. Read the clue!

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Lenox12
12-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Sorry so late, I Tivo and watched today during nap time. I can't stand Jonathan and Victoria. He is very good at snoozing people. Did anyone notice how friendly he is to the other people around him (like the ones from the different countries.) And how every other couple in the race gave the Grandparents $5 but Jonathan and Victoria gave them $20. He is so Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Ann