PDA

View Full Version : I MISS THE LILYPIES! Pregnant Mamas-Updates Please

westchicagomom
12-15-2004, 05:07 AM
It has been a month (I checked) since our last update on you all and I am sure I am not the only one who likes to read all the details you are willing to share about your pregnancies/adoptions in progress!

A few of my burning questions...
Nora, where are you????
Kelly Ann and Caroline and any other April/May mamas, have you found out the gender of your baby and not shared that w/ us?
Daniella, will my Signing Times DVDs arrive before your baby? :)
Anna, so just how many weeks along are you? (my brain hurt trying to figure it out).
Anyone else willing to come out of the pregnancy closet at this time?

Everyone else, please share! We live vicariously through you!

cuca_
12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Ok, I'll go first. I am 17 weeks pregnant right now and feeling great. (Much better than first trimester!). We have an US appointment on Friday, and hopefully will be finding out the baby's gender. We did not find out with DD, so I am excited to find out this time. Also, we were unable to agree on a boy's name last time, so I figured I would simplify things this time around. I can't wait until we find out, so we can start discussing names (we have avoided the topic thus far).

I hope everyone else is feeling well. I am also wondering where Nora is. Any news on her?

Can't wait to hear about the other pregnant mamas.

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

momma_boo
12-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Well, I'm 26 weeks now. I posted last month after my 20 week ultrasound that we're having another girl.

I'm definitely starting to feel the physical effects of carrying this baby (thankfully the morning sickness ended at around 16 weeks). I really do feel HUMONGOUS. I started showing quite early and there are days when I feel like I should have a "wide load" sign on me. It's getting harder to go up the stairs at home, carrying Sarah up is a work-out. Of course, she was sick on and off for over a month and was being super clingy to me, always wanting "UP!" I have to admit that cleaning the darned tub is a HUGE chore these days (definitely not doing it as often as I should, LOL!).

I had hardly any appettite the first 20 weeks (didn't gain any weight even though I was definitely showing). But I think my body is trying to make up for lost time now!

Emotionally, I'm stressing a little bit about how I will handle working full-time and taking care of two little ones. I guess I wonder about my physical limitations and the financial worries as well. I still have fantasies about winning the lottery. I think Sarah is starting to get the message that something is going on inside my belly. She likes to pat it and sometimes will say "baby."

Oh, to make things even easier for me (ha!), they are doing renovations/construction in our building at work. So there are no bathrooms on this floor (6th), so I have to go down to the 3rd floor to use the bathroom, so I try to wait until I'm ready to burst. We only have one elevator working and between regular use and the construction people, it takes forever, so I've been taking the stairs up and down. At least it forces me to get some exercise!

jk3
12-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Just curious how everyone is managing as well. I hope you are all feeling as well as possible!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

barbarhow
12-15-2004, 08:14 PM
A few days shy of 20 weeks, I am headed in for my sono on Friday. We will not find out the gender of the baby. We enjoyed not knowing last time and will do the same. Although Jack, who kisses the baby on a regular basis, when I asked him the other night whether it was going to be a brother or a sister-replied "sister"-leaned over and kissed my belly. We want a healthy baby but would be thrilled to have a little girl.
I am also feeling huge. I am trying very hard to watch what I eat and not gain as much as I did last pregnancy. I got huge last time but it was primarily all belly. So far the same this time.
Lots of kicks and somersaults which I am loving.
Thanks for asking!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

mommy_someday
12-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the invite! I am 35 weeks pregnant with #1. We are having a boy and have decided to name him Lucas Owen - we will call him Luke. DH calls him Peanut because of the u/s we had at 5w 6d - he looked like a little peanut. DH is super-excited about DS's name because he can quote Star Wars: "Luke, I am your father" in the whole Darth Vader voice and everything. He is very much a movie freak. :O)

My pregnancy was relatively uneventful until 33 weeks or so when I started having dizzy spells and found out I was contracting. I went into preterm labor last week and am currently dilated 3 cm, 25% effaced and contracting every 4-5 minutes (when my terbutaline wears off). My OB is keeping me on bedrest indefinitely and meds to stop the contractions until next week. After that, it's anyone's guess. I may have a Christmas or New Year's baby, and he may wait it out until the third week of January - who knows? I am excited to meet him and scared to death at the same time. Motherhood seems to be a series of these strange dichotomies. DH is not scared at all - I think he may be a bit naive! DS is very active, constantly kicking/punching me and moving around. He is quite the contortionist. I love watching my belly change shapes when he is awake. He seems to be really conscious of his daddy because everytime I tell DH that DS is moving and DH lays his hand on my belly, DS gets really still. It's funny and frustrating at the same time. The nursery has been done forever and we are finally packed after our overnight hospital scare last week, so I think for all intents and purposes we are ready. And waiting...

pritchettzoo
12-15-2004, 11:07 PM
Woohoo! I get to post on this one. I was still "in the closet" with the last thread.

I'm starting week 10, and I feel like crap! :P I really miss eating. Sigh.

I hope there are some August and September mamas-to-be soon! :)

Thank you for asking.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

DDowning
12-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Thank you for asking! I'm 31 weeks (today) and so far so good. Even though my weight gain is much more under control this time, I failed one of my glucose tests and had a meeting with the dietician today. I have to start testing my blood sugars to make sure they stay within an acceptable range. I got some great pointers on a recommended food plan that looks easy enough to stick with. The really good thing is that I don't have to take insulin, just need to better focus on my diet. My biggest concern is doing what I can to avoid a big baby. I had to have a C-section last time and the experience and recovery (infections, drainage issues) was less than desired. Hopefully I'll get my wish for a VBAC.

kelly ann
12-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks for asking Pam...

I am almost 20 weeks along and I finally put on a pair of maternity pants earlier this week. I think it has finally sunk in that I am pregnant again!

We go for a level 2 ultrasound on Monday and should know the gender from that. So I am sure our Christmas holidays will be spent with my mom pushing names on us that she wanted to use, but never got a chance to :)

DH is really worried if it is a girl...with all of the Hanna purchases I will HAVE to do. However, I think he should be more worried about Gymboree. I started picturing a girl and started seeing myself getting caught up in all the Gymbuck madness.

nathansmom
12-15-2004, 11:44 PM
I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm really hoping we will have these babies in the next week. I was told I no longer needed to be on bed rest but now I'm so dizzy I'm back in bed most of the day.
Michelle (loweymartin) will be making an announcement when they are born but we are holding back the details until several people have been personally contacted.
Thanks for asking!!!!!!!!!!!!

C99
12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
It was so sweet of you to ask, Pam!

I am 19 weeks today. Don't know the sex yet. The big U/S is a week from today and I do plan to find out and I will let people know. My total weight gain is around 10 lbs so far, but I am starting to outgrow my favorite early pregnancy jeans. I am feeling good for the most part, feeling the baby kick around a lot -- active little bugger! I had a bit of a freak-out moment on Sunday and saw my OB on Monday to get it checked out, but it's just that I *still* have bact. vaginosis despite a round of antibiotics and have to go for a second round...yuck!

Tondi G
12-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Another preggo mamma here too!

I am 20 weeks along, Had my 20 week US yesterday.... we actually got one of those 3D ones and it was SOOOO neat.... didn't get one with DS! Anyways this tech and doctor confirmed what we were told by my OB @16 weeks .... it is indeed another little boy! As far as everyone can tell he is healthy in every way and aside from my early scare (spotting) my pregnancy is progressing smoothly! I can't believe I am already half way through it..... time is really flying!

For now we are thinking he will be Aidan but we have some time.... it could change.... still working on a middle name though!

Thanks for asking

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

jubilee
12-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the updates! I LOVE reading them :) And Norah, you must be so excited to get to meet your little guys soon!

ismommy
12-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks for asking. I am at a bit over 36 weeks depends on which u/s you go by.I am off bedrest and am enjoying being out and about. The contractions are still coming but so far no more trips to l&d. My ob told me he thinks I might go past my duedate. WHAT after over 3 months of bedrest - I hope not. I am quite anxious to find out if X is a boy or girl and just to meet X.
Bella lovingly shared a cold with me so that has me rather miserable.
Its nice to read the other mommy updates
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

JLiebCamm
12-16-2004, 07:13 AM
I'm 36 weeks along now. At my last OB appt I was 3 cm and 75% effaced. I'm really not ready for this baby to come until after the holidays! I haven't even managed to put the nursery together yet, although I plan on using a co-sleeper in the begining so I don't see this as a major problem. I just want to enjoy Nate's Birthday and Christmas...then baby can come any time! But I know that there's no predicting anything, so we'll see...

momathome
12-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for asking, Pam! I will be 27 weeks tomorrow, 6 months exactly on Saturday. Our baby girl will be named Julia Catherine and so far she is extremely active. I had a fetal echocardiogram at 23.5 weeks where they also did a 3-d u/s and everything looked good, although she was breech - hopefully, she will turn her little patootie around before it is time for her to come. She was clearly annoyed by the fetal echo, intentionally kicking against the u/s probe pressing against my belly - obviously, this is not a girl to be messed with! We are awaiting the arrival of our new Dutalier glider, which I am very excited about, and a beautiful moses basket just arrived this week. I still need to clean out the nursery, which is jam-packed with boxes of the girls' outgrown clothes that need to be moved down the basement, along with Kasey's old toddler bed.

The girls are getting very excited about the arrival of their new sis - Liza made me a "present" that consisted of a small basket she filled with peanut butter crackers, oreo cookies, and a small brush that she said is for the baby that belongs to one of her my little ponies - very thoughtful!

Otherwise, I am still fighting an on-going battle with sciatica and the Braxton-Hicks contractions are starting to pick up, something that makes me nervous because of preterm labor issues I had with Kasey. So far, so good, though. Good luck to everyone!

marinkitty
12-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Well, I'm just past 26 weeks but starting to physically "feel" much further along. I guess that is just how it is the second go-round? The heartburn officially arrived over the weekend and has been constant ever since. Didn't have that until 2 weeks before delivery last time - tums are my new best friend! Also having lots of pelvic pressure already though thankfully the sciatica from a few weeks back has eased up considerably. All that moaning aside, though, things are progressing fine and without any real problems. I just realized my next appt. is a couple of days after Christmas and will be my GD test - what was a I thinking? With all the cookies etc. I'm sure to eat at our parents' houses I'm bound to fail!

We are not finding out the gender until delivery as we did with Mia so not much shopping to do until the baby comes. But, I just got an email from FedEx that my double stroller (an ABC) should arrive tomorrow - so that is exciting! And Mia's new "big girl" room is almost complete - just need window treatments and to move her things in and she'll be ready to transition. I think we will do it right after the holidays.

Thanks for checking up on us preggo ladies!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

McQ
12-16-2004, 09:45 AM
>"Luke, I am your father" in the whole Darth Vader voice and
>everything.

Okay that really has me laughing.

I had my first at 35 weeks - a completely healthy, happy, beautiful baby boy. And we had nothing ready. Sounds like you're good to go whenever Luke decides to make his appearance.

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

McQ
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
We really wanted one of the 3D ones. I bet they are amazing. Please post pictures if you can and don't mind sharing. I'd love to see.

Aidan's a cool name too.

Allison

McQ
12-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Holly (and Caroline) - I can't wait to hear your reviews of your ABCs. I've been dying for them to get here and I didn't even order one so I know you both must be excited!

Allison

brigmaman
12-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Jessica, maybe my theory will work for you too. Here goes: when we had Brig (#1) we were super-prepared. And things were also super-hard when we finally had him. It felt like chaos for the first few months. This time we weren't prepared much at all. In fact, the co-sleeper is still not attached to the bed and the crib mattress isn't at nb level. But...things have been so much easier so far. So maybe it just all works out- I think it's a Murphy's Law type thing! Good luck!

brigmaman
12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for asking...oh no wait...I'm done.
But I love hearing all these updates! I can't wait for the next BBB babe to be born!! Somebody is due this week...I have to go check to see who it is.

cdlamis
12-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for asking! I have been meaning to post but have been busy getting ready for this baby. We have a C/S scheduled for this Saturday (yes, in 2 days!). I really wanted to try a VBAC but it doesn't look promising (no dialation whatsoever) so I gave in to take advantage of my husbands 2 weeks off before the New Year. I was afraid to go past my due date, possibly end up with a C/S anyway and then not have my DH's help at home.

I have to say that I am sort of glad she is coming early. This pregnancy is killing me- all the weight is in my stomach and she has definitely dropped so all the weight is sitting on my pelvic region. It hurts like hell to even put on my pants or cross my legs.

So, this Saturday at 7:30am, I am scheduled for a C/S. I am nervous about the surgery but so excited to finally meet her. We cannot imagine her looking any different than Julia but we know she will look like her own little version of us. I have been going crazy trying to tie up all lose ends with work, Christmas gifts, clean house, etc. I am officially done and now just waiting.

Hope all other pregnancies are going well. Can't wait to meet all the other babies. I will post an update and picture when we get home.

Her name will be Isabella Ann~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

cdlamis
12-16-2004, 11:01 AM
>Daniella, will my Signing Times DVDs arrive before your baby?
>:)

No, but they will they will there by Christmas. :) The Signing Time DVDs were just shipped to my house from the ST company (release date was Tuesday) and I should have them by the weekend. If they don't arrive by tomorrow, my sister will ship them for me Saturday or Monday. They are all ready to ship- just waiting on the DVDs.

great timing, huh? :)

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

lizajane
12-16-2004, 11:05 AM
my most current update is that i have a HEADACHE! ugh!

ok, really, though...

34.5 weeks. (but by my own personal calculations, i was 35 yesterday.)
i am pretty sure he has dropped because i can breathe!! next appt is on dec 30. they said i could travel for christmas, so we are going for it! we will take a copy of my prenatal care record with us just in case. (and i won't freak out if i have to deliver in VA.) i can't WAIT to get some real scoop at my 36.5 weeks appt!!! i am REALLY hoping we will see him around jan 14. or even jan 10. but i better get crackin' on the baby clothes/diapers organization!

marinkitty
12-16-2004, 11:13 AM
LOL - Allison! Unfortunately, we are leaving for San Diego tomorrow until Monday, so I'm going to have our neighbors hold it for us and I guess I'll get to play with it then. I hope I like it!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

jk3
12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
How exciting! Wishing you lots of luck. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Piglet
12-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks for asking Pam!

I am 29 weeks and doing pretty well. I have my days where I feel like a whale and other days where I almost forget I am pregnant. The thing that has helped me immensely is prenatal yoga. I never did it with DS and I felt much more uncomfortable. Otherwise, I am getting ready to smack the next person that asks if I am sure it isn't twins. I have been asked that question by at least 5 people this week alone. Yes, I am measuring big, but come on people - do you really need to point it out? I have gained 20-ish lbs. (depending on the scale) and have definitely grown out of all my early-pg. clothes. I am generally enjoying this pregnancy, but can't wait to meet this little person.

JLiebCamm
12-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks for making me feel better. Love your new avatar, BTW.

jubilee
12-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Oh, how exciting!! Wishing you a wonderful delivery! I can't wait to see pics of Isabella :)

calebsmama03
12-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Erika - been wondering about you! Glad that baby is still inside :)
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
Oh my!! #2 5/05

calebsmama03
12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Caroline -
BV is awful stuff - very tough to get rid of! I would really recommend starting to take a good probiotic supplement (I take Jarrodophilus) to help with it. My nat food store also has one that has a vaginal probiotic insert, which I think would also help rid it sooner. I've tried a few other more natural remedies that I got off of MDC, which helped to rid me of it last time. Good luck!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
Oh my!! #2 5/05

calebsmama03
12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
I am 18 weeks today and don't know the gender yet, but I have a gut feeling it's a boy. My u/s is 12/30. I'm feeling better, but still tired. Definitely feel bigger this time, too! Otherwise, so far so good but we're getting to the "time" for PTL so I'm a bit nervous.

Thanks for asking.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
Oh my!! #2 5/05

Dscvrlifewith3
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I came out of the closet earlier this week. I am 11 weeks tomorrow. I have hyperemesis and I am hoping it passes in the next few weeks. Its not nearly as bad as last time.

This is my third pregnancy to go this far and I can't button my pants. Very sad. I'm losing weight but can't button pants I could wear when I was 8m pregnant with the last child.

Lately my husband has been a saint. :) Keeping faith it will last awhile.

egoldber
12-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I will be 22 weeks tomorrow. At our 20 week Level 2 ultrasound, we learned that we are having a healthy baby girl.

The ultrasound really helped to ease my mind about a lot of things and I am starting to really enjoy things now. I have begun shopping and having a good time with this. ;)

She's really moving around a lot in there now. Sarah can feel the kicks and was pretty excited by that. She now knows that she is going to be a Big Sister and that she will have a Little Sister.

Although she is a bit confused about some things. She thinks that she is going to have a "baby" AND a "little sister" and that they are 2 distinct things. She also tell me that *she* is going to have a "little boy" and talks about her boy and what they will do, LOL!

mmaimp
12-16-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm getting to the tired and uncomfortable part! I'm also overwhelmed by being in my third trimester at Christmas. I hope the baby does not make an appearance till after January 10th. My DH's birthday is December 3rd and mine is the 31st so I would like to have this new birthday to fall out of the holiday season. Tomorrow I have another doctors appt. so I may know what's going on in there and see if there is a reason to be worried about an early delivery. The baby is very active and has not dropped yet.

DS has adjusted to his new room wonderfully. The baby clothes are washed and in the drawers and there is just a little more cleaning to do in the nursery. I also have to wrap all of my Christmas gifts but I think I'm done shopping.

Thank you for asking and whishing all of our Mama's a great holiday season,

momathome
12-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Woo-hoo, Kim! Congrats! Hope things go well for you!

JLiebCamm
12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Yay! Now you'll have to design yourself some even larger diaper bags!