PDA

View Full Version : photo organization question

luvmypeanut
12-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I like to take regular film pics in addition to digital pics and I've got tons of prints and negatives. Does anyone know if there is a service which can put these photos onto a cd from the negative? I have one of those all-in-one printer-scanner-fax-copiers but I find the quality of the scanning is not great and I stopped scanning the pics after a while. Lately I've been using my digital camera a lot more for convenience but I'd like to have all my pics on the computer.

I hope this post makes sense.
TIA!

papal
12-15-2004, 10:22 AM
We also take only film pics. I scan them in to email to people but my scanner is fairly decent.
When you are developing the film, you can ask them to put the pics on a CD.. i think it costs like $3 more. Not entirely sure. I usually don't scan ALL the pics on a roll.. just pic the top 3 or 4. It takes up too much space on my hard drive and I don't have a cd burner.

Actually, this is my biggest hangup about getting a digital camera. Storing the pics.
1. You need a good organizational method or you would never find a pic that you want!
2. You need to burn the pics to a CD/DVD or copy to an external hard-drive. Preferably you should have two copies in case the first one goes bad for whatever reason.

So all in all, i prefer my shoebox which stores my film prints and negatives. Up until yesterday I really wanted a digital camera for my birthday but now I think I just want a new computer. :)

luvmypeanut
12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
I tried getting one of the cds at ritz the last time I developed film and the pics were grainy. My brother says I should up the resolution of my scanner instead. I actually have an officejet all-in-one and I'd rather not have to buy another piece of hardware. I have an inquiry into HP because I think there is an adaptor I can use to scan negatives. I did just get an external hard drive for backing up pics and I'm planning to tinker with the dvd burner in the new year.

As for print storage, I'm not as fancy and mine are in those small shopping bags you get when you buy cosmetics. I think Bloomies used to call it the little brown brown bag or small brown bag or something like that. One of these days I'll get organized and have my wedding and family pics in albums! But not today :D