PDA

View Full Version : portable dvd players and airport security

lablover
12-15-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm traveling alone with DS on Saturday and I'm bringing a portable DVD player that will be in my carry on bag. Will I need to take it out for inspection or can it just stay in the bag to go through airport screening? I'm sure I will be all out of sorts as it is and so I want to be prepared and pack accordingly. TIA!

egoldber
12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I have never been asked to take mine out for inspection.

HTH,

Rachels
12-15-2004, 02:31 PM
It varies depending on who you get. Some people have asked me to take it out, some haven't. Very reassuring, sigh.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

jasabo
12-15-2004, 02:36 PM
We've never had to take ours out, but I imagine it depends on which screener you get. They don't seem to be very consistent to me.

Lisa - mom to 17 month old twin boys

californiagirl
12-15-2004, 03:00 PM
I often end up traveling with what seems like an entire electronics shop, and it is extremely rare for anybody to want to look at anything other than the computer. It's only ever happened internationally. (But I have once had to unpack my deodorant, and no, it's not aerosol, and once DH's keys, etc. etc. -- it depends a great deal on the screener, the position of the bag and the things in it, and the phase of the moon)

amp
12-15-2004, 06:12 PM
The first time we took it out. It was packed with the laptop and we assumed they'd ask us to. The next time we didn't and they didn't ask us to remove it for inspection.

Sarah1
12-15-2004, 11:31 PM
I've never had to take it out, and we've probably traveled with it five times.