PDA

View Full Version : Anna & Rebecca - cookie help!

deborah_r
12-15-2004, 09:42 PM
OK, I'm ready to throw in the towel. I put the choc chip dough in the mini-muffin tins. I plunked a Reese's peanut butter cup in each one. I baked about 11 minutes, it was looking pretty brown, so I took it out. They don't look like they should. They are like a muffin, with the "mushroom top" that extends out over the edges of the hole. And I let the first batch cool about 10 minutes and tried to take one out and it broke apart. The "mushroom top" part came off, the rest stayed in the tin.

Help!!!

pritchettzoo
12-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Did you spray them well? You should be able to put a cooling rack over the tray, invert it, and they'll fall out.

Try it with less dough--you want a thin-ish layer of cookie around the Reese's cup. The dough ball should be about the size of the Reese's cup.

Lower your oven temp 25 degrees if they're browning before the bottoms get done.

You can get those out of the tins by running a toothpick around the outside of the cup and then dumping them over. They should still taste yummy--make those the sacrificial cookies. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

egoldber
12-15-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm telling you, the sugar cookies dusted with sugar and cinnamon are yummy, easy and pretty...

pritchettzoo
12-15-2004, 10:05 PM
LOL! Peer pressure--make sugar cookies! ;)

Deb, you can also just slice off the dough, bake the cookies, and then shove the Reese's cup in *immediately* after taking them out of the oven.

Beth, I'm really craving sugar cookies if that means anything to you!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and One More (coming July '05)

egoldber
12-15-2004, 10:30 PM
LOL! Happy to share the love. I've been eating sugar cookies shaped like dreidels and menorahs all week. :)

deborah_r
12-16-2004, 12:04 AM
LOL, Beth you are too funny! I will definitely be trying those cookies sometime this week or next. I picked up some sugar cookie dough because I couldn't find peanut butter. But I got so hooked on the PB cookie idea, I had to just go ahead and make the PB dough myself!

Things are going better. I now have 12 good choc chip/Reese's and 24 good PB Kisses. I needed 36 for the cookie exchange!

I think the first batch I put too much dough, didn't spray the pan, and I think the temp was a little high (I thought our oven was running a little lower than the dial said so I turned it up a bit) Kai and I have been eating the ugly ones (I now have to wash his PBK chair cover...oh why, oh why, did I get the beige cover. I am so going back for the railroad stripe cover!)

Oh, I also made sparks in the microwave because I didn't realize there was a little bit of foil around the mouth of the TJ's peanut butter jar (it was cold and I was trying to soften it) It has been an eventful evening.

Thanks for all of the help!!!

supercalifragilous
12-16-2004, 03:41 AM
OK... been fighting the flu and been craving cookies (nothing healthy, of course) lately so this thread caught my eye...

I did a cookie search for this recipe but didn't get anything but dry computer eyes... Can someone direct me to the original cookie post (if there was one?) Or expand on this recipe involving cookies in mini-muffin tins? Sounds yummy!

rrosen
12-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Deborah,
I am so sorry I missed this last night! I hope everything turned out ok in the end. I was busy making 10 dozen cookies and packaging cookies up for my cookie exchange tonight! Mine is getting WAY too big! 10 dozen is way too much work! And I still need to purchase one more thing for my gift for the yankee swap that we do at the party tonight. So, girlie, I am BAH HUMBUG right with ya!

But, in the end I know I will have fun tonight and I am sure you will too!

It's all good!

lmladuke
12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Can I have this recipe? It sounds yummy

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

pritchettzoo
12-16-2004, 01:42 PM
They're in this thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=153392&mesg_id=153392&listing_type=search

HTH!