PDA

View Full Version : List your holiday gifts (purchases)...

jd11365
12-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Maybe they will inspire me...or someone else who is still stuck and can't think of what to buy others...like HER HUSBAND!!!

And what did YOU ask for. I'm still at a loss for that one too!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

August Mom
12-17-2004, 04:12 PM
DH:

LOTR: Return of the King DVD
Alfred Hitchcock Signature DVD Collection
Half-Life 2 Video Game
Sweater Vest
State of Fear by Michael Crichton
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2
Framed Photo of DS

DS:

Thomas Track
Books
Blocks
Magnetic Vehicle Blocks
Puzzle
Duplo Table
Color Wonder supplies

Dad:

Cross Pen
Puzzle
Puzzle Mat

Mom:

Umbrella
Covered Cheese Tray
Crockpot
Framed Photo of DS
Photo Calendar

Grandma:

Hand Painted Basket
Flashlight Key Chain
Tea
Framed Photo of DS
Photo Calendar

Me:

I asked for gloves and a scarf to coordinate with a new coat, turtleneck sweaters, Calphalon cookware, a hand blender, a new wallet, some LE cords, silicone oven mitts, a reading light and a jump drive.

mharling
12-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Dh is getting a new (very heavy, I might add) cutting board that he asked for. He is also getting the Lord of the Rings trilogy on DVD.

I asked, and have already received, new cookie sheets. I got the Doughmakers ones based on August Mom's recommendation. I like them so much that I also ordered some of their bakeware for my mom and SIL's. I didn't really ask for anything else, so the rest will be a surprise.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little Miss - Due March 2!!

new_mommy25
12-17-2004, 05:00 PM
DH
Nothing yet but it will probably be a DVD/VCR combo. He mentioned that he wanted one for the bedroom. I'll also get him a new Nike baseball cap. I get him one every year and he wears them ragged. Then I might pick up a CD or DVD for him.

DS
Costco train table
2 Dr. Seuss books
Melissa and Doug wooden blocks (Ross, great deal!)
M & D wooden puzzles
(those are presents from us. I bought other stuff for his stocking)

MIL
We got her a waterfall for her bedroom. She loves that type of thing.

Mom
I bought her a hand made necklace at a craft fair and some chocolate

Dad
I'm going in with my brother for a bonsai tree

Big Sister
I bought a hand made ceramic vase for her kitchen utensils at a craft fair.

Little Sister
Card making kit from Costco

Brother
Spaceballs DVD and a few reggae CD's

FIL
Probably some kitchen appliance.

BIL
Conair electric shaver (DS picked that out).

I asked for an antique full length mirror that my dad bought for me. I also asked for a sheet set that my mom is buying. I have a few CD's coming to me from my brother. Other than that I didn't ask for anything so I have no idea what everyone will get me.

Best friend
Chocolate and other snacks only available in Hawaii. And a hand carved Koa key chain.

kensjen
12-17-2004, 05:07 PM
DH:
Leatherman (the Wave)
cashmere sweater
several books, a CD

DS:
kitchen
wooden food
doll stroller
boy doll
activity block thing
some books and small stocking toys

Mom:
Vera Bradley purse
frame with photos of Jonah

Dad:
books
2 polos

Sister:
DVD set
shoes

Other sis:
gift card and lots of candy!

Gave everyone those coasters with photos of DS, they are so cute!

ETA: Forgot about ME! LOL I mostly asked for gift cards, and so far I have gotten a few to Sephora (my fave store!). I know my grandma got me a perfume set, she always does. As for DH, he is not supposed to buy me anything, as we are getting a computer soon that will basically be mine. I know he will sneak in a little something from DS.

Sarah1
12-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Welll...I just spent about $800 on ski gear for this trip we are taking to Colorado over Christmas/New Year's...so add that to the cost of our airfare, condo rental, ski lessons, daycare for Audrey, and that's what DH and I are giving each other :P

We got Audrey several Hanukkah gifts (i.e. Wiggles guitar, LT coffee maker, microwave) but nothing really major. She got a kitchen for her birthday which was last month.

As for our parents, we really don't exchange gifts with them anymore. It's made life MUCH simpler! :)

kathsmom
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I haven't finished shopping for DH,but here's what I have so far (I have finished shopping for the kids though).

DH:
T-shirts
socks
sweatshirt

DD:
All the Barbie Princess and Pauper dolls
Princess and Pauper carriage
scooter (non-electric)
new doll stroller (still have to get)

DS:
doctor kit
Melissa and Doug cutting food
Melissa and Doug pantry food
boy baby doll set
kitchen (still have to get)

Me:
(this is what I would like. I might not necessarily get any of it!)
My hair colored
Silver "I Do" picture frame from Pottery Barn
Gift certificates from Nordstrom, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware

C99
12-17-2004, 06:26 PM
From me, my husband is getting:
- a Steelers baseball cap
- a DVD burner for his computer
I know my MIL also got him a new commuter coffee flask and the last LOTR DVD. He also asked for a laser level and miter saw.

Nate's getting (from us):
- 5 books
- Melissa & Doug wooden tools box
- Fisher-Price Ramps Garage
- "remote control" car
- Brio plastic tools set
- Harry Potter DVD

My mom's getting (from us):
- Shutterfly calendar of Nate
- Land's End 3/4-sleeve shirt
- Bath & Body Works products (kitchen soap, lotion, shower gel)

My dad's getting:
- Land's End pants, dress shirt and socks (he asked for all of these)
+ a book on relaxing and chocolates for his birthday on 1/2.

My MIL's getting:
- Celine Dion's new CD
- gourmet tea bags
- gourmet tea bag holder/trays

My FIL's getting:
- Robert Patterson's new book, London Bridges
+ all the stuff under my MIL and Harry & David pears for his birthday on Monday.

My brother (24)'s getting:
- Land's End dress pants, dress shirt and biking socks (again, asked for all these)

My SIL (24)'s getting:
- subscription to MSL
- handmade blank book

My sister (15)'s getting:
- funky necklace with a single fake gem from http://www.arteffect.com
- chainmail choker from http://www.raptinmaille.com
I wanted to get her a tampon holder from a site someone posted about recently, but I couldn't find the site and my dad would die of embarassment if she opened that on Christmas morning.

My nieces (almost-2 and 5) are getting:
- paper safety scissors
- finger paint
- finger paint paper
- crayons
- markers
- a fridge magnet making kit
- highlighter pens

My best friend's kids (2.5 and almost-4) are getting:
- sticker book (each)
- one of those magnetic drawing things (each)
- mini Tonka cars (2.5 y/o)
- Kazoo and music book (4 y/o)

I didn't ask for anything from my husband because I'm getting an ABC and we bought a new car this month. I did buy myself a pair of earrings, gloves and hat from Land's End, and something else for my stocking.

JLiebCamm
12-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Glad to see the Steelers' hat on the list. Is your DH from PA?

amazz
12-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Kami: Cabbage Patch doll (her doll's name has the same first name as my mom. :) ) I might get her some books as well, but as she is only going to be 2.5 mos old I don't really think she will mind

Tim: from me he's getting LE flannel pjs b/c someone stretched all of his out when she was 9 mos pg *blush*; from Kammers he is getting a key chain that has two pics of her in it from Things Remembered. I got it engraved with "For My Daddy, Love, Kami"

Me: I asked for clothes from LE and I bought myself some from there as well. :) They are just so darn comfortable and that's what I need right now! I will probably get some crap that I will have to return b/c I did't make out a very comprehensive list this year. (That sounds really ungrateful but the IL's go way overboard on gifts that we don't want or need. I would rather them spend the money on Kami's college fund or something like that, but I shall save that for the bitching post :P )

Mom: I made some note cards with my Stampin' Up stuff and she is getting a throw with "Granny" monogrammed on it

Dad: Texas Tech wallet and some peanuts (he loves peanuts!)

MIL: note cards I made, probably a big candle, not sure what else yet

FIL: wireless router

BIL: ski goggles

Tim's Grandma: I have no clue what to get this woman!!! She's really strange so it's hard to shop for her. I would really like to get her a muzzle as she never ever shuts up but I think that might be considered rude. :P

And everyone gets pics of Kami of course!! :)

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

redhookmom
12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
DH
Messenger Bag
MP3 Player

DS
castle
pirate play table
magic kit
science kit
remote control car

DD
doll
doll cradle
doll highchair
Mrs Potoato Head
finger puppets

MIL
chip as salsa basket

FIL
subscription to Brain Floss

Mother
Land's End Mocs
to go coffee mug
drinking glasses

Dad
??????

SIL
blanket
socks
Grand Marnier(sp?)

Brother
$$

Brother
subscription to Brain Floss

Me:
I would like a DVD player.
I found out that my dh was planning on a cruise. I would hate that. I don't want leave my kids and I am way to fat for a bathing suit! So I am glad I caught him!!

barbarhow
12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
I couldn't come up with any great ideas-that I wanted or that I wanted to give. We are so blessed with what we have. The one thing that we don't get much of is time with each other. DH and I are going away for a weekend together. My sister said she would babysit-so we just have to pick a destination and a date. Ahhh. Can't wait.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

C99
12-17-2004, 09:20 PM
He was born in Upper St. Clair and lived there from birth to 3 and again in the junior-high years...so *I* would say he is a "native." Since we're in Chicago, he doesn't get to see a lot of the Steelers games on TV, but he's watching tomorrow!

jec2
12-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Well, I am still shopping but this is what I have bought or plan to buy:

DH: Key chain from MOMA, Gift Certificate for Yoga, CD (?), maybe some clothes, Polar Bear Express story (from DS)

Mom: gift certificate for pedicure

Dad: Video of The Dead (a movie that he loves), maybe a shirt too

My SIL (we draw names): a WW diaper tote.

Me: I asked for a set of knives (from my parents), slippers, GC for the spa and yoga, A good Indian Cookbook, a digi camera, a night out...I can't think what else.

ETA: DS: Kettler, bike helmet, Hoover vacuum, CD, Discovery Cards, Signing Times DVDs

missmelis01
12-17-2004, 10:13 PM
I am almost embarrassed to answer this -- my DH's list looks like a kid's!

DH got Grand Theft Auto San Adreas for PS2, the Robo Sapien, Atari game stick, a new pair of LE snow boots, the Da Vinci Code illustrated version and we split the cost of a new LCD 19" monitor (a little excessive I know, but we both spend a tremendous amount of time at the computer....)

DS got the FP Stride to Ride walker, a Vtech phone, the Leap Frog learning table, stacking cups and a jack-in-the-box.

I asked for a new wallet (DH was very generous and got me a Coach wallet :D ) and a new pair of week-end shoes.

I can't tell you how blessed I feel this holiday. Besides being able to purchase all of the above, this is my son's first holiday and I am so thankful to have him with us.

bostonsmama
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm sure this is unsolicited advice at this point, but I just wanted to tell you that I got a silicone oven mitt (from Orca at Bed Bath & Beyond) for Christmas last year and I never use it. I've burned my hand twice grabbing things out of the oven with it, and I've NEVER stuck my gloved hand in a pot of boiling water to grab a noodle like I thought I would. Frankly, I feel ashamed my mom paid $20 for it and it's hardly used.

However, I did get a little half-mit from Kitchen Aid in black (like a finger tip silicone pinch mit for hot pot lids) and I love it. I use it to get hot coffee mugs out of the microwave, pick up lids from my Calphalon cookware (you'll need it!), and occassionally use it to pull the oven rack out to check the progress of baking. It's indispensible, and it's probably only $7 or $8 at BBBeyond.

bostonsmama
12-18-2004, 12:15 AM
No lil'uns of our own, but lots of lil'uns to buy for:

Nieces and Nephews (5girls, 1boy): Each: $25 Savings Bonds to put towards college or car fund, (2 young nieces) $5 each for Walt Disney World Mayonaise Jar Fund, cards with sheets of stickers

DH: Atari video game stick, Dancing Musical Snoopy character, "It's Christmas, Charlie Brown" DVD, five t-shirts, two longsleeved shirts and an active dry lock half zip from the Gap, box of target range ammo for his new 9mm Baretta, remote controlled Hummer toy

Mom: $40 in Spa Services

Dad: New Programmable Stainless Steel Crock Pot, Williams Sonoma Grapefruit hand lotion, Lenox Holiday candy dish (no, he's not gay...just a regular old suzy homemaker)

MIL/FIL: Delonghi Toaster/Roaster Convection Oven (to replace the 25-year old thing they have at home)

Granddad: $25 Gift Certificate to Red Lobster

Me: Asking for a Toshiba Intel Centrino 1.6GHz 512MB 80GB harddrive laptop w/ 15.4"widescreen and DVD/CD-R/W (technically for both of us), laptop case, wireless internet router, Williams Sonoma Boutis Tablecloth for kitchen, matching napkins, Williams Sonoma apron w/ name monogrammed, stainless steel whisk, 2 Sonya Kushek designer makeup brushes: cheeks and foundation

Best friend: Halo sleepsack & copy of Baby 411 for expected little one in May

MartiesMom2B
12-18-2004, 03:40 PM
DH is getting:

- A new golf driver (it's some big club that he wanted)
- Golf balls
- Nose hair trimmer (he's been asking one for one - hee hee he's becoming an old man)
-Logic puzzles
-He got a whole bunch of crazy random stuff for his stocking that I got from the dollar store

DD is getting:
-So much stuff that I've already wrapped that I don't remember

I asked for:
-the Mary Poppins DVD
-SATC 6 Part II, even though it doesn't come out until the 28th
-Stay at Home Socks
-A Mom appointment book organizer
-A Christmas Stocking Knitting pattern book
-John Mayer CD

-Sonia

tina-t
12-18-2004, 05:50 PM
DH: Spiderman 1 & 2 dvds, Eddie Bauer sweater, Eddie Bauer wheeled duffel bag and a electronic pedometer.

DS: Thomas the train roundhouse deluxe set and the Kettler Happy trike, helmet (still have to get)

MIL/FIL: Accessories for the digi camera that sil will give them - memory card, batteries and camera bag, My publisher hardbound photo book of ds' first year.

SIL: paper shredder (which she asked for), pj bottoms, socks

BIL: Collateral and iRobot dvds, boxer shorts (which he asked for)

niece: gameboy sonic game and book about Amelia Earhart

nephew: gameboy kirby game

brother: 20GB iPod (still have to get)

My parents don't celebrate Christmas, so we never exchange gifts.

ETA: for myself: Harry Potter dvd, books and cd (Jewel), starbucks gc, new cell phone (from dh).

mmaimp
12-18-2004, 08:24 PM
DH
Tool Chest
Roasting Pan
Slippers

DS
Kettler & helmet
Kitchen, shopping cart, pots & pans and food
Leap Frog magnets
Disney and Signing Times DVD’s
Musical Instruments
Arts & Craft Supplies
Leap Frog Learning Pad
Small Puzzles

Mom
Tangin (North African Cooking Vessel) and recipes

Dad
Humidor

Sister
Panini Maker

BIL
cigar case

MIL
Sweater & Apron

FIL
Clock & Apron

SIL
Collapsible basket (very cool from Garnet Hill) filled with hot chocolate and goodies

Me
I have no idea what I’m getting. I asked for a KKAFP but not much else so it will be a surprise.

pixelprincess
12-19-2004, 01:34 AM
DH- a new used BMW (it is a combined xmas/b-day gift...not!) He needed a new car anyway, and a good excuse to make it seem like a Xmas gift. lol.
a Dell computer
a roadside safety kit from JC Penny
Fleece Old Navy Cardigan

DS-Aquadoodle
Curious George Puzzle
Mega Blocks (buy one half off at Toysrus)
Bunch of prez from Grandparents and Cousins

Me- still need to give a list or buy it myself
Family tree from Red Envelope
Sweater or clothes