PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us B1G1F return policy

macassi
12-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Hoping someone can help me out. I bought 3 Leap Frog items during a buy two, get 1 free promotion at Toys R Us. I decided I only want 2 of the items and want to return one. It was an honest mistake -- I overbought for DD and want to return some items that aren't my favorites. How will the return work? Will I get the price of the item back (it wasn't the free item) or will they give me 2/3 back or won't I get anything back because one item was free? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Saartje
12-17-2004, 04:36 PM
They'll probably give you back the difference between the price of the free (least expensive) item and the one you're returning. That would work out the same as if you had simply bought the two you're keeping.

Just my guess, though. Someone else may know for sure.

deenass
12-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Probably not the most honest thing to do but bring it back without the receipt. You'll get a credit for the most recent sale price. And the honesty thing doesn't bother me ....I've returned stuff that I got during buy one get one free sales. You get a credit, but who can't spend a credit at TRU!

kathsmom
12-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Those kind of things always confuse me! LOL! I can never figure out how they work if you have to return something. If it's feasible, could you donate the unwanted item to Toys for Tots or some other program that provides toys for needy children?

Good luck with the return. I would be interested to hear how it works.

luvbeinmama
12-18-2004, 01:58 AM
If
>it's feasible, could you donate the unwanted item to Toys for
>Tots or some other program that provides toys for needy
>children?
>

This was going to be my suggestion, too. Or, if you think you will buy one for her in the future, put it in the back of a closet.

divabell
12-18-2004, 05:03 PM
I had a gift once that was a BOGO deal. I only wanted one of them and tried to return the second item with the gift receipt. Initially they weren't going to take it back at all! After I made a big enough stink--and it wasn't like I was taking the money, I was buying diapers instead--they finally took it back for the current selling price, but they weren't happy about it.